MyMedia-Forum.com

MyMedia-Forum.com (http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Band and Artist Discussion (http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Lorde - Melodrama (http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87687)

Mattie 06-17-17 01:49 AM

Lorde - Melodrama

SHE IS BACK!! Critics are raving and so am I!! RAHHHHH!!! Worth the 4 years or however long it has been since Pure Heroine.

Linking her first single...cause that's all that is on YT. <33 The Lourve

Mattie 06-17-17 01:54 AM

Re: Lorde - Melodrama

I'll blow my brains out to the radioooo. <3

Such a unique pop star, with equally unique musical style!! RAHHH!!

Mattie 06-17-17 02:37 AM

Mattie 06-17-17 03:57 AM

Mattie 06-17-17 04:29 AM

Pop album of the the year!!! Get that Grammy sis. This album is a semi-breakup / reflection album and I can't believe someone who is only 20 is already this good. It plays perfectly from start to finish. Can you imagine what she will release next?!?! RAHHHHH!!

Mattie 06-17-17 11:39 PM

Mr Mo 06-18-17 03:52 AM

I've only listened to the first song on the thread so far. I'm absolutely blown away by the increase in her vocal range. That smokey deep alto/light tenor is so <snip> sexy especially contrasted with her natural light alto. I didn't care for the melody all that much, but the lyrics were good and the vocals were PHENOMENAL. I'll be back for more.

Mattie 06-18-17 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Mo (Post 3748804)
I've only listened to the first song on the thread so far. I'm absolutely blown away by the increase in her vocal range. That smokey deep alto/light tenor is so <snip> sexy especially contrasted with her natural light alto. I didn't care for the melody all that much, but the lyrics were good and the vocals were PHENOMENAL. I'll be back for more.

Her songwriting ability is off the charts! To this day I still can't believe she wrote ‘Royals’, ‘Team’, ‘Tennis Court’ or any of the other cuts off Pure Heroine, really. AND SHE WAS 16! Now she's back, 20, and her lyrics are even better. In today's music world of cookie-cutter, emotionless, hollow-pop, she is SO REFRESHING for fans of the genre. And her alternating pitch is kind of her signature thing. It's how she makes her songs so damn catchy, there's a name for it too but I can't remember.

Anyway, this album is a LOT darker / one note than Pure Heroine. But it is meant to be, as she's said it is a concept album. Kinda meant to be played from start to finish - many of the songs kind of trail off and lead perfectly into one another, and if you try listening track by track and skipping around, the full impact of the relationship isn't felt, IMO.

If you like her production style though, definitely give Pure Heroine a listen. (I'm assuming you haven't / aren't familiar with the record).

/rant /IloveLorde

Mattie 06-18-17 05:06 AM

Mr Mo 06-18-17 05:10 AM

I can't say that i've ever listened to Pure Heroine straight through, now that you mention it (but i have found a few bundles of the dry brown crunchy stuff here and there(mostly there)), but i did dig deeper than just a few hits. I recall hearing her hit lower notes before, but not with such richness of timbre. I'll take my time digging into the new one, and, oh, plz check your PM box. :)