View Single Post
Old 05-30-17, 02:30 PM   #36
azteclady
Reads. Crafts. Rabble Rouses. Rants.
Hears the Whispers

Re: International Women's Day 2016/2017

Male artist makes a statue of a little dog raising its leg to pee, and places it so that its aiming at the feet of the Fearless Girl statue on Wall Street.

He says it's not an anti-feminist statement, but a protest because the Girl is 'interfering' with the work of another artist (the creator of the Wall Street Charging Bull).

Never mind that the Girl is there for a limited time (extended to February 2018), after which it'll be shunted somewhere else, out of view.

Call me whatever you want, but I find it incredibly amusing that the little, innocent, peeing dog, was designed specifically to interfere (not interact) with the work of another artist (the creator of the Girl). Irony, dead.

Also endlessly amusing: the peeing dog creator didn't get a permit, and removed his work after about three hours--presumably, just long enough for people to post images to social media, and to get feminists riled up--because he didn't want someone (cops, maybe?) to 'take it.'

Male fragility, what you gonna do?

Ignoring annoying blowhards everywhere, for a good long time
azteclady is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook