Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
Let's go Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Sawyer View Post
...(And the game is still on, but Hodge's Cowboys...just awful.)
The 'Boys were surely exposed against the Broncos. I guess if you want to beat Dallas, bring a man (maybe two) down in the box. Force Dak to beat you with the pass.

Now, I will say, you'd better have one of the best DB-fields in League, or you'll pay big time.

Speaking of one of the best DB-fields in the League. I assume Talib (spl) and Dez are going study now. Aqib Talib didn't let Bryant breath without him being in his hip pocket.

Damn ZoW!
Damn Broncos!

Quote:
Well, NE bounced back in a big way. Was confident they would win, but didn't expect them to clobber NO, which starts 0-2 yet again. (How does a team with a QB like Brees struggle for so long? Payton just can't coach defense.) Kudos to Gronk, who played a big Gronklike game, to TB12, and to the defense in general, especially Flowers and this new Wise guy...
Peggy, can Payton last another season with a poor Defense? I mean they're really, really bad.

And, I feel sorry for Brees, TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) and of course,Mr. Mo. Brees shouldn't have to go out like this.

Quote:
...As for other games, I couldn't believe the Chargers could lose again on a last-minute missed field goal; I thought Seattle looked pretty flat letting the 49ers hang around in a home game (but a win is a win, I guess); the Rams got predictably exposed after their surprise win last week; neither Cleveland nor the Jets will win a game this year; and boy did Chicago look silly with their overpaid under-experienced QB against the Bucs...
The Chargers kicker had to call Uber to get a ride home after the game. This is the 2nd-game he could've tied or won with a field-goal.

I'm really surprise by the Seahawks showing in these two games. As TBC points out, it's taken them two games to score a TD. WTF! And, I'm worried about Wilson. I really like the guy, but I'm not sure he'll last thru the season if they don't protect him.