View Single Post
Old 03-06-17, 09:54 AM   #1
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz
Mental Health (ASD, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, etc.)

My life has been consumed lately by the subject of mental health, so I just wanted to open a discussion here just in case anyone wanted to discuss it, or if anyone needs a place to talk about it.

My youngest daughter (now 11yo) has been in and out of the mental hospital since early/mid December due to suicidal thoughts and an attempt. She just started middle school this year and really has just not been able to handle the stress and expectations. It's been rough to say the least. Her school and therapist/psychologist have been really great in giving us support to figure out her core issues and proper accommodations.

We just found out on Friday that she is on the Autism Spectrum (Level 1, with what would have been Asperger's if it was still a current term). A lot of things make a lot more sense now, the more I learn about it. Does anyone here have this or have kids with it? If so, I have a lot of questions! (If you are uncomfortable talking about it in the open forum, please inbox me.)

Is anyone else going through any mental health issues that you are comfortable discussing or does anyone have any interesting information about this subject?

I also want to let everyone know that if you are EVER stressed or depressed and need someone to talk to, please feel free to send me a message here or on FB. I am very seriously and honestly offering this, and you won't be bothering me. I am a good ear and a comfy shoulder.

I may move this thread later to General Living or something, but I am putting it here in Lostaways first so that people have more of a chance of seeing it.