View Single Post
Old 03-06-17, 10:13 AM   #2
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Re: Mental Health (ASD, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, etc.)

Bless, you, Liz. I wouldn't know what to do with a child with this problem.

Just rambling, but I have been struck with severe depression, I think it was.

I, in my mind, as a youngster, considered myself fat. Sis says I wasn't, but I have some pictures that prove to me I was.

I was unmercilessly teased by the boys my age. I had lots of girlfriends - as the proverbial chubby one, but they liked me. If a guy was one on one with me, they liked me, too. But get a group of guys together, they were horrible.

(Bro's guy friends liked me a lot. But that's another story)

A German exchange student changed my life in high school. He actually wanted to date me! I found myself as a Miss Spillway, featured on the high school newspaper!

I don't know what is triggering your daughter. You've to to instill in her that there's an end to it - something bright will come her way.

I know trying to keep her chin up has got to be one of the most difficult things in the world. Thankfully, I had a very good family with all the support I could hope for.

Things are different now with all this garbage crap. Maybe you should carefully monitor, if you're not already, all her internet, phone, etc.

I don't know if I contributed anything at all to your plight, but I certainly wish for the best.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
gertie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook