Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Emerald City - NBC Friday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-03-17, 11:13 AM   #81
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Pinch Hitter Champion! Miami Shark Champion!
Re: Emerald City - NBC Friday

Emerald City
SEASON FINALE

S01E10, "No Place Like Home"
Friday - March 3, 2017
10/9c - NBC

Spoiler: Promo and Episode Description

"In the first-season finale, Tip and West reach Emerald City with vengeance on their minds. Meanwhile, Dorothy faces off against the Wizard and fights to save Oz; and Glinda brings her power to the battlefield as the threat of the Beast Forever looms."Source
nsguy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-17, 09:11 PM   #82
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm caught up. Just waiting for the season finale tonight.

I can't point my finger at this episode and say why, but this one came up short as far as I'm concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
The Kingdom of Ev...I really thought it was stupid of the Wizard to send in the gold without getting the weapons but I didn't realize there was more than one chest. Sneaky Wizard knew Lady Ev might pull a fast one and he sent in a few Trojan ponies.
I actually saw this coming. He was so eager to get the chests full of gold inside the castle, I expected nothing less than a "Trojan Horse".

Quote:
...Jack rushes Langwidere's body to Jane for Jane to save her but she can't. Langwidere died a long time ago and the body before them is one she built! She removes Langwidere's face to reveal the mechanical one beneath!

Poor Jack. He's been feeling sorry for himself because he thought Langwidere couldn't love a half-man -- half-machine and here she's been all machine the whole time. I think Jack could be permanently psychologically damaged. At any rate, he grabs an axe and sets off to chop up the Wizard...
Definitely the best part of the episode.

Prior to finding out she was a machine, when her face was revealed I couldn't understand why she always kept it covered. She was beautiful!

Then Jane explained. She never aged! The Kings secret would've gotten out a lot sooner if everyone was aware.

Quote:
...Dorothy
Dorothy arrives back at the safe house where she, Lucas/Roan and Sylvie stayed before being deposited into Glinda's clutches. Lucas attacks her from behind with the intent to kill her as Glinda has ordered. But Toto jumps through the window and attacks Lucas, allowing Dorothy to escape into the field. Her escape is short-lived, Lucas catches up to her and starts to choke her. He pleads with her to stop him as he can't seem to do it on his own. Dorothy draws his dagger and stabs him in the side. Then Dorothy resurrects him as the scarecrow as she found him and rides away...
I initially thought Lucas/Roan had killed Toto, because he came running out of the house and the dog didn't follow.

But, as soon as Dorothy strung him up and took off, here comes Toto following? I didn't understand that scene except to have Dorothy to stab Lucas/Roan.
Old 03-05-17, 12:37 PM   #83
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Well, I was a little disappointed in the finale. Mainly, I think, because Dorothy, our heroine doesn't come off as appealing as I think she should have. I don't know how to put that into words other than to say -- I didn't like her as much as I should have given she was the heroine of the story.

I was also confused about Karen and Jane. I don't think it's an accident that they were somewhat similar looking. As minor characters (initially), I didn't pay close enough attention and just accepted that Karen was Dorothy's mother and I kept mistaking Jane for Karen. *shrugs*

There were a lot of tears being shed in my household as the Wizard's men were shooting all the young witches. It was so sad. Then that was followed by laughter as we all forgot "only a witch can kill a witch".

I did like the visual of the beast flying overhead and "foreshadowing" season two if there is a season two.

And the ending when Dorothy sees Aunt Em's fingers stained by the walnuts! I thought -- no! I don't accept that it was all a dream! So, I was relieved to see Lucas in Kansas on a mission to bring Dorothy back to Oz.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-17, 07:07 PM   #84
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Well, I was a little disappointed in the finale. Mainly, I think, because Dorothy, our heroine doesn't come off as appealing as I think she should have. I don't know how to put that into words other than to say -- I didn't like her as much as I should have given she was the heroine of the story.

I was also confused about Karen and Jane. I don't think it's an accident that they were somewhat similar looking. As minor characters (initially), I didn't pay close enough attention and just accepted that Karen was Dorothy's mother and I kept mistaking Jane for Karen. *shrugs*

There were a lot of tears being shed in my household as the Wizard's men were shooting all the young witches. It was so sad. Then that was followed by laughter as we all forgot "only a witch can kill a witch".

I did like the visual of the beast flying overhead and "foreshadowing" season two if there is a season two.

And the ending when Dorothy sees Aunt Em's fingers stained by the walnuts! I thought -- no! I don't accept that it was all a dream! So, I was relieved to see Lucas in Kansas on a mission to bring Dorothy back to Oz.
I think that was a major flaw - we really had no reason to root for Dorothy. And she seemed a little dumb? There really wasn't anyone to root for! I started rooting for West, but then she was kind of mean to Tip. I thought maybe we were supposed to root for Tip, but I didn't find her very likable once she became Ozma. Even though I could go on and on about Lucas/Roan I never really understood what his deal was either. And he was kind of murdery!

The cliffhanger was interesting, but based on the ratings I saw, there is basically zero chance there will be a second season. Too bad, it was visually stunning, good source material, feels like a wasted opportunity.
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-06-17, 06:50 AM   #85
J_C
Hypercreative
Talks Backwards

I like the theme music, it reminds me of something Danny Elfman would do.

The finale was fine with me.
I didn't mind Frank getting shot. Not sure if he is dead.
I still like Dorothy and I don't blame her for any of her mistakes; how the heck is she supposed to know what's going on around her in that strange place?
Really gonna miss the Queen of Ev. Hopefully she will be restored if there is a S2. (and Toto too? and Toto too!)

Quote:
There were a lot of tears being shed in my household as the Wizard's men were shooting all the young witches.

When Sylvie got shot I was so mad.
I'm just rallying for her.

I don't get the whole walnut thing. Thay can stain your skin? Permanently?
And what did that mean to Dorothy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
Even though I could go on and on about Lucas/Roan I never really understood what his deal was either. And he was kind of murdery!
How did he get down from being strung-up?
Jane just happened to find him?
I have an incomplete theory about him; that the hanging is part of recovering his memory. And I have a sub-theory that Roan isn't really Glinda's husband; she just took advantage of his lack of memory. They may even be originally on opposing sides.
Old 03-06-17, 05:31 PM   #86
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I don't get the whole walnut thing. Thay can stain your skin? Permanently?
And what did that mean to Dorothy?
Dorothy woke up back in Kansas and it seemed to me she was questioning the whole experience and was beginning to suspect it had been a dream.

Recall that West's fingers were stained due to that drug she used. I believe Dorothy noticed Aunt Em's fingers (temporarily stained from the walnuts) and she "realized" she had incorporated that into her dream about Oz. That's why I was relieved to see Lucas there at the end to take her back to Oz. I didn't want it to be a dream.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »