Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/super legit maths forum

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 09-23-17, 04:27 PM   #8231
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1
Re: What's New/The Postman Always Emails Once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-17, 05:28 PM   #8232
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

There was definitely no he.

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-17, 04:40 AM   #8233
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

I just sat my ass down in the Chesapeake Bay for a couple of hours, and it made all of my doubts and my fears unimportant.

People-- never underestimate the value of water.

It is life. It makes us okay with living.

Whenever I'm having a tough time adjusting to the curveballs that life throws, I come back to the water, and I shed whatever I'm carrying with me to just go and sit down in the waves and let them move me and give up my self to them.

If I could give once piece of advice: Never live too far from salt water. Stay near it, and use it.

I'm okay now. What happens will happen, and I'll do what I have to do, and no matter how frantic I get in life or how much I struggle, the water is always there to show me that all of my small human struggles are just a small thing, and utterly unimportant to the motion of the water.

I'm breathing in, and breathing out, and the water doesn't care but just keeps its tidal ebb and flow.

It's all going to be alright.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-17, 11:47 AM   #8234
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

I love being surrounded by water on Cape Cod. Not just the oceans and bays, but we also have something like 365 lakes and ponds. But, yes, the saltwater has the healing power, mind and body.

Glad you are feeling better, vonne. It will be good. I tend to subscribe to the "things work out a certain way for a reason" philosophy.

Today's the Baptism. This weekend has been exhausting! But my siblings and I have laughed so hard my stomach hurts. I should share a few stories although I'm not sure they'll translate well.

Old 09-24-17, 09:47 PM   #8235
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I prefer freshwater in general, but the ocean has a mystical strength that no stream, river, brook, nor lake can ever emulate.

But growing up around so many mountain ranges, i definitely prefer freshwater. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Berkshires, and Greens are all very close, and they're each pretty awesome in their own ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-17, 02:27 PM   #8236
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

I'm cooking meat in a crock pot today, despite my crock-pot-handicap of not-knowing-how-to-use-it-properly.

I'd had this big pork loin in my freezer for approx forever and finally pulled it a couple days ago before it died a freezer death.

I WILL conquer the crock pot and not ruin this meat. I think in the past I'd been putting too much liquid in it, and getting the timing wrong, and cooking on High which I think is a problem.

So I just rubbed the meat with spices, browned it in a pan, then just did a little bit of water in the hot pan to scrape off, and that's the liquid I used. Going to cook it on low for like 7-8 hours. Going to resist the urge to lift the lid and look at it. This better work out.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-17, 05:55 PM   #8237
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

I can usually pull off crock pot cooking so I bet it's going to be great. My favorite "recipe " is putting chicken breasts in and adding a jar of salsa. When it's done you can just shred with a fork and make nachos or tacos.

Old 09-25-17, 06:01 PM   #8238
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Homeward bound. I'm exhausted and I feel like I'm 100. I didn't work out once. I wore super high heels a lot. I spent hours in cars and on trains and I slept in strange beds. I ate and drank too much. My liver is angry. Things were nonstop.

But man did I have fun. And I was present for some really important family events. And best of all, there was almost no drama. Truly amazing considering all the various family groups thrown together.

Old 09-25-17, 07:59 PM   #8239
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
I'm cooking meat in a crock pot today, despite my crock-pot-handicap of not-knowing-how-to-use-it-properly.

I'd had this big pork loin in my freezer for approx forever and finally pulled it a couple days ago before it died a freezer death.

I WILL conquer the crock pot and not ruin this meat. I think in the past I'd been putting too much liquid in it, and getting the timing wrong, and cooking on High which I think is a problem.

So I just rubbed the meat with spices, browned it in a pan, then just did a little bit of water in the hot pan to scrape off, and that's the liquid I used. Going to cook it on low for like 7-8 hours. Going to resist the urge to lift the lid and look at it. This better work out.
We do pork loin in the crock pot all the time, and that is pretty much exactly how the wife does it. Very little added liquid..low setting..

Although I readily admit that the wife at some point sold her soul to a voodoo god when it comes to cooking because she does this magical shiznit involving chanting and throwing of spices up in the air.. sounds like this come from the kitchen whenever she cooks:

Spoiler: Kitchen Sounds

I've learned not to ask a lot of questions, but I do know that at the end she takes the loin out of the crock pot and puts it in a separate bowl that isn't hot, pours the liquid in and lets it rest for about 15 minutes.

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-25-17, 08:01 PM   #8240
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

I love my crockpot in fall/wintertime.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »