Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Happy 2018!

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-16, 03:07 AM   #111
scotpgot
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Send a message via AIM to scotpgot Send a message via MSN to scotpgot Send a message via Yahoo to scotpgot Send a message via Skype™ to scotpgot
Re: What's New/Grand Opening

To be fair, my best quality is I always tell the truth.
Old 07-27-16, 03:09 AM   #112
scotpgot
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Send a message via AIM to scotpgot Send a message via MSN to scotpgot Send a message via Yahoo to scotpgot Send a message via Skype™ to scotpgot

P.S. My biggest fear is that some day a prospective employer is going to find this forum.
Old 07-27-16, 03:46 AM   #113
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotpgot! View Post
https://goo.gl/images/q8DUi4

Old 07-27-16, 03:52 AM   #114
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

I thought hiring people would be fun. It's not that much fun. It kinda stinks actually.

I bet you nailed your interview Kelly, if they don't hire you, they're crazy.
Old 07-27-16, 04:20 AM   #115
LostViking
Plunderer
Squishes the Frog

That's funny. I always think anyone that would hire me is crazy. So I always questioned my employers sanity.
Old 07-27-16, 04:28 AM   #116
LostViking
Plunderer
Squishes the Frog

So gertie, I really feel for you, because I have been to the doctors three times in the past week, myself. It started with a fairly severe arm infection that appeared after my trip to Georgia two weeks ago. It was just a mosquito bite - then suddenly blisters. I thought it was a staph infection- and it was. But once I started the antibiotic it turned into Strep and pseudomonas. My arm looked like chop meat. I had to cover it because it was scary. I had what look like burns all over my arm and back. Then my blood pressure got crazy. They put me on a beta blocker and I passed out. Other things happened which I was hoping would never happen to me. Unspeakable things. At the same time, my blood pressure a did not really improve, in part because of the unspeakable. I went back and they gave me a much stronger antibiotic. They also tested me for lyme disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I think the last thing would be funny, but I am not sure why. Finally, the infection got better but my pressure was worse. More serious unspeakable things occurred. Right now, I am at the pharmacy waiting for my calcium channel blocker script. It's the only blood pressure medicine left to try. I am meditating, exercising, running, and doing everything else I can. My stress level is out of control. For the first time in my life I am worried I can't handle my own life, and I don't like it.

On a less, or more, serious note, I have been having dreams that my teeth are falling out. At first it was just one tooth. Just a back tooth. Last night, I dreamt that all of my teeth on the left, including my jaw, came out. I felt something strange in my mouth and pulled out, in two huge pieces, what looked like fossilized teeth and broken jawbone. It was really upsetting. They say... I only say "they" meaning I googled it today and this is what google said...they say you dream of lost teeth when you fear getting old. Or when you fear you are about to lose something. I am getting old and I am about to lose everything, so once again, you win google.

Last edited by LostViking; 07-27-16 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-27-16, 07:07 AM   #117
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Of course, I can't sleep again.

So, I will talk.

I'm from this little community named Norris, TN. This weekend they are having this huge thingorother to celebrate the building of Norris Dam, the first dam built by TVA This dam helped people survive, listen. It did. I know many got displaced, but the flooding was so bad, something had to be done.

So, they are making people park and buses take people here and there. One of the places is the Lenoir museum. A big deal.

I'm almost in tears thinking about Pop Lenoir. He was a wonderful man. He was a grandfather to the girls across the street from me, and we met many times.

I liked him so much and so did Sis. We decided one day to walk down to his farm. He was delighted to see us. (this was like at least a two-three mile walk). He lived between Norris and Andersonville on a huge farm. Well, he also had two houses. One that he lived in and the other that was filled with all kinds of stuff (kind of an ancient house, but still very livable).

We walked there so many times. The tours of his house were so interesting and we could stay for hours and hours.

He had two horses, and would put me and Sis on them, teaching us how to ride.

I loved that man.

It was "Let's go see Pop Lenoir!" We had such fun there! He was a delight!

Then, kaboom. I huge kaboom

Mom and Dad took us and said, get this -

It is not appropriate for a man that age to engage with girls. You are forbidden to go there anymore.

What? can we talk with him? NO.

I never understood. He was such a wonderful man.

The Lenoir Museum at Norris Dam is his stuff. It is Pop Lenoir's stuff.

I just had to, after a lot of time, get over it, which I never had, but he was a wonderful, fun, giving and just all round good man.

I

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Old 07-27-16, 07:19 AM   #118
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Pop Lenoir deserves so much. He saved so much of the South Culture and so much more.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Old 07-27-16, 01:03 PM   #119
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
I still need to post my review of it.
YES YOU DO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertie View Post
Oh, good god, tawaret. That's awful

Sort of good, great news for me. I had an ultra-sound and another blood test this morning. The doc's office called and said I was back in the "normal range" for potassium - rated a 3.9, and from what I understand the "normal range" is 3.7-5.1 or something like that. I have some gallstones, but they are not infected so I have no symptoms. They also said I showed no signs of cirrhosis, which is what scared me so much (I drink a lot of booze). But they did say there was a part of my liver that they could not diagnose, so I have to go in for a cat-scan.

They would not say what it might be, but they said cirrhosis was not a worry - at this time.

This is no kidding - I can sometimes eat at most 500/calories a day - dying. These potassium pills, I have had to eat something, so I am getting better at that, much better actually.

I do not know how I got so bad, but I did, and am really trying to improve.

Sis said I need to gain 20-30 pounds. WHAT? maybe 15-20, but not 30.

She took me to the doctor, out for lunch, then the grocery store. She frankly says she cries for me, so worried. She was ecstatic when I called her this late afternoon with the results.

I hate that I scare her so much.

I wish I could explain it.

OH, almost forgot - I bought 3 boxes of Dove Bars, ate one right away. It was like heaven. Yum, yum, yum.
Great news, gertie!

The alcohol is probably at least part of the issue in terms of appetite. It does suppress appetite. Could you add some higher-calorie mixers to drinks? 100% cranberry juice maybe, or OJ.

Once when I was a teenager my Dad took us to St. Thomas and I discovered quickly there was no one who cared about drinking ages there. I kept ordering pina coladas every chance I got.

I gained quite a bit of weight that week.

Old 07-27-16, 01:10 PM   #120
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdmom View Post
gertie - that is great news! And you go right now and eat another Dove Bar. Yes, you get to eat TWO in one night.

Your eating has been troubling you for quite some time now. Have you told your doctor that you just don't have any appetite? If you are taking medications, some can suppress appetite. Also, if you ask, they might be able to prescribe either a visit with a nutritionist or at least diet supplements.

As we head toward August, it's nice to see that things are looking up for people. Hope that spreads to the whole forum.
Me too. Although my nice day tanked somewhat last night when I discovered my older kid lying about his whereabouts

Quote:
My worst quality is I hate everybody.

I don't get very many jobs.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
OMG

Quote:
P.S. My biggest fear is that some day a prospective employer is going to find this forum.
Just tell them it must be a different scotpgot.

Closed Thread
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »