Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Gotham - FOX Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 06-06-17, 11:59 AM   #511
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Re: Gotham - FOX Monday

Rah Al Ghul, didn't mention him at all because it was during his segment I dozed. But I do think the actor is signed up for a few episodes or more.
Old 06-06-17, 08:00 PM   #512
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
Nice. I loved the "happy" ending at the end of the 2nd hour...
I assumed by the secondary title of the season (Heroes Rise), we'd get a premature look at Batman. Although, I still think Bruce is to young for the title.

Quote:
...The repetoire between Oswalt and Ed was delish as usual. It felt like a ping pong game and I liked it...
They're like love birds. It's obvious Oswald still has a thing for Ed, and Ed isn't willing to admit his attraction for Penguin.

Quote:
...Poor Butch, another devastating injury, but I'm glad he's not gone. Silas ??? is his real name. What does that mean, Hodge, do you know that name? I do not...
TPTB really started cleaning out the series characters in this finale.

Is Barbara truly gone? I totally thought Butch was a goner. Will we see Leigh again? And, what about Fish Mooney. "Don't worry Oswald, I've gone through before."

Quote:
...Tabitha has been sort of submissive lately. She is not her cold cruel criminal that she was in S1. She seems to have softened up. Barbara must have taken some of her shuztpah as did Butch. Love/lust took away her ferocity imo. Theo, her brother, dismissed her imo, but that made her powerful. However boy did I like what Tabby did with her whip. YES. Barbara was getting too sassy and outspoken. Queen Barbie...
I didn't think Tabitha was going to survive. Especially when she got her whip caught in the woodwork. But she used that as a way to electrocute Barbara.

I got a little scared when Selena showed up at the bar and Tabby took her in. We know Tabby and Barbara had a little thing going on. I don't want her to recruit Selena.

And speaking of Selena, did she handle that whip or what? She's definitely gaining a footing in her new persona, "Catwoman".

Quote:
...The Mad Hatter is back at Arkham. What happened? I dozed off during the second half. :-(
Bruce the Clone was talked about, but IDK IDR what...
I thought the Mad Hatter broke out heading back to Arkham. I can't remember now.

They did mention faux-Bruce, but only in connection with Bruce being the "real" Bruce. But he's still on the loose, and I still can't wait for Selena to catch up with him.

Quote:
...Alfred, he was always so strong, and now he needs to heal again. I couldn't believe what happened and was always hoping it was that mind trick thing and Bruce was seeing it wrong. But it did happen...
Best part of the episode.

It was real touching to hear about Alfred's love for Bruce. Especially the story about when the Wayne's brought him home from the hospital.

Quote:
Rah Al Ghul, didn't mention him at all because it was during his segment I dozed. But I do think the actor is signed up for a few episodes or more.
9MM, why did he want Bruce to save Alfred? Wasn't it his voice that told Bruce about the water?
Old 06-07-17, 11:42 AM   #513
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post

9MM, why did he want Bruce to save Alfred? Wasn't it his voice that told Bruce about the water?
Yes, I remember seeing that and thinking it was Al Ghul's voice, but don't know why he would direct Bruce to do that.

We know almost nothing of Alfred's background, yet he trained Bruce is many fighting arts. He was a mercenary, yes? Maybe Alfred was part of Al Ghul's ninja team in the past

Quote:
From Wikipedia
Most notable as the leader of the League of Assassins, Ra's al Ghul's name in Arabic translates to "The Demon's Head".[4][5] He is the son of Sensei, the father of Talia al Ghul, Nyssa Raatko, and Dusan al Ghul, and the maternal grandfather of Damian Wayne. Stories featuring Ra's al Ghul often involve the Lazarus Pits, which restore life to the dying. The Lazarus Pits have kept Ra's alive for centuries, making him particularly dangerous as he has honed his combat skills for a millennium.
I just spent time looking around Wikipedia's Batman mythos and I suggest not to go there. You could spend hours reading about characters that may or may not pan out in this series.
Old 06-07-17, 09:19 PM   #514
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Loved the Wiki info, 9MM.

It explains how that pool of "whatever" brought Alfred back to life.
Old 06-08-17, 06:28 AM   #515
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

I really enjoyed that finale!

I have always thought Tabitha was Catwoman-like, so it makes sense to me that perhaps she will mentor or at least be the inspiration for Selena's metamorphosis. I feel so bad for Selena, she keeps awkwardly reaching out to Bruce and he keeps lashing out at her.

I gasped out loud when Babs shot Butch, who I believe was heroically trying to give Tabitha an opportunity to avoid the same fate by insisting she wasn't involved. So glad to see he miraculously seems to have survived. Thanks to the Google I know the name on the chart was Cyrus Gold, who is a major Batman character. I don't want to risk spoiling by saying more, but considering how Gotham takes the essence of classic characters and then spins them off into something completely new I don't think the classic Batman lore does much spoiling of this show anyway!

Jim and Harvey bonding was a great moment. And Penguin and Riddler are awesome together, I hope Ed doesn't stay frozen for too long!

Alfred is like a superhero in his own right, at least when he is protecting Bruce. I watched the Batman Lego Movie the other day with my nephew, and in the final battle Alfred puts on a bat costume and fights alongside Bruce as "old Batman" lol. I wonder if Gotham's Alfred will be more involved in the vigilante crime fighting to come, considering Bruce's immaturity.

As far as the Mad Hatter, I thought Harvey told Jim in the final scene that he was getting patched up at the hospital and would be transferred back to Arkham. I thought that was the last he was mentioned.

Looking forward to whatever's coming next
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-08-17, 11:34 AM   #516
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
I really enjoyed that finale!

I have always thought Tabitha was Catwoman-like, so it makes sense to me that perhaps she will mentor or at least be the inspiration for Selena's metamorphosis. I feel so bad for Selena, she keeps awkwardly reaching out to Bruce and he keeps lashing out at her.

I gasped out loud when Babs shot Butch, who I believe was heroically trying to give Tabitha an opportunity to avoid the same fate by insisting she wasn't involved. So glad to see he miraculously seems to have survived. Thanks to the Google I know the name on the chart was Cyrus Gold, who is a major Batman character. I don't want to risk spoiling by saying more, but considering how Gotham takes the essence of classic characters and then spins them off into something completely new I don't think the classic Batman lore does much spoiling of this show anyway!

Jim and Harvey bonding was a great moment. And Penguin and Riddler are awesome together, I hope Ed doesn't stay frozen for too long!

Alfred is like a superhero in his own right, at least when he is protecting Bruce. I watched the Batman Lego Movie the other day with my nephew, and in the final battle Alfred puts on a bat costume and fights alongside Bruce as "old Batman" lol. I wonder if Gotham's Alfred will be more involved in the vigilante crime fighting to come, considering Bruce's immaturity.

As far as the Mad Hatter, I thought Harvey told Jim in the final scene that he was getting patched up at the hospital and would be transferred back to Arkham. I thought that was the last he was mentioned.

Looking forward to whatever's coming next
Thanks for that name, Kimny. I heard someone else call it Solomon Grundy and didn't think that was right at all.
Now I am gonna look him up. LOL

That info about Alfred and the Lego movie . I've always thought Alfred was very much like a past his prime Caped Crusader as well.
Old 06-08-17, 08:55 PM   #517
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...I have always thought Tabitha was Catwoman-like, so it makes sense to me that perhaps she will mentor or at least be the inspiration for Selena's metamorphosis. I feel so bad for Selena, she keeps awkwardly reaching out to Bruce and he keeps lashing out at her...
Plus, Taby always wore black!

Selena and Bruce are star-crossed lovers. It's obvious to everyone (except them), that they care deeply for one another. Granted, they have no idea what love is, but deep down inside, Selena knows Bruce feels for her.

They've been going, back-and-forth since the series started. It maybe to late now, with Selena under the watchful eye of Taby. But like you, I loved how Selena took to that whip like she was made for it.

Quote:
...I gasped out loud when Babs shot Butch, who I believe was heroically trying to give Tabitha an opportunity to avoid the same fate by insisting she wasn't involved. So glad to see he miraculously seems to have survived. Thanks to the Google I know the name on the chart was Cyrus Gold, who is a major Batman character. I don't want to risk spoiling by saying more, but considering how Gotham takes the essence of classic characters and then spins them off into something completely new I don't think the classic Batman lore does much spoiling of this show anyway!
Kimny, this reminded me of something from the first season.

Didn't we find out prior to Jim Gordon, Barbara had an affair with a police woman? If I'm correct, it makes sense now that she and Tabitha got together.

It also makes sense when Babs and Taby were fighting, they had to rest a minute in an embrace with each other. Granted, it didn't take long before they were right back at it.

Do you think we're going to see Babs again? As you mentioned, Butch is in the hospital fighting for his life, so it isn't far fetched to think Babs will come back from the grave.

Quote:
...As far as the Mad Hatter, I thought Harvey told Jim in the final scene that he was getting patched up at the hospital and would be transferred back to Arkham. I thought that was the last he was mentioned...
I need to watch that scene again.

Either way, we're definitely going to see him again.
Old 06-08-17, 09:31 PM   #518
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

[QUOTE=Hodgepodge;3747626]
Didn't we find out prior to Jim Gordon, Barbara had an affair with a police woman? If I'm correct, it makes sense now that she and Tabitha got together.[QUOTE/]
Correct. In Season 1 it was reveled that Barbara did have an affair with a woman officer, the same woman she took up with again briefly when she felt Jim wasn't giving her enough attention.

Cyrus Gold was the real name of a man who was murdered and put into a decomp swamp outside of Gotham. A number of years later he resurrects and becomes the mindless (haha, Butch was shot in the head) villan, Solomon Grudy. The first folks he meets after his time in the swamp tell him that rhyme because all he can remember is that he was born on a Monday.

Season 4 is shaping up to be gang buster good.
Old 06-08-17, 09:37 PM   #519
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...Cyrus Gold was the real name of a man who was murdered and put into a decomp swamp outside of Gotham. A number of years later he resurrects and becomes the mindless (haha, Butch was shot in the head) villan, Solomon Grudy. The first folks he meets after his time in the swamp tell him that rhyme because all he can remember is that he was born on a Monday.

Season 4 is shaping up to be gang buster good.
Great info, 9MM!

You definitely have to stay up on your Batman heroes and villains.
Old 06-09-17, 06:22 AM   #520
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post

Do you think we're going to see Babs again? As you mentioned, Butch is in the hospital fighting for his life, so it isn't far fetched to think Babs will come back from the grave.
I don't think you can ever trust that anyone on this show is dead but I kind of feel like her character was played out, at least for the time being. She seemed like a pretty run-of-the-mill nut job compared to all the other crazy villains! Unless the electrocution gives her special powers or something that just completely changes her storyline?

I also have a feeling Fish is really gone too. In addition to Pinkett-Smith having other stuff on her plate right now, she might have come back from the dead as many times as possible without it being silly. And if you think about it, she has kind of been the driving force behind Penguin, giving him a lifestyle to aspire to and often giving him confidence when he needed it. Her last words telling him to take over Gotham and burn it to the ground felt like a fitting end and passing of the torch.

I think. But this show is definitely NOT predictable, so...

Last edited by kimny72; 06-09-17 at 06:33 AM.
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »