Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 08-19-17, 06:06 PM   #21
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
...I'm enjoying it, so I'm sticking with it hoping it will find it's feet. I'm thinking as they start to flesh out some of the characters a little more it will help!
I'm enjoying it as well, Kimny.

I'm really curious about the characters we haven't delved deep into their story's yet. Does Bobo have a hidden talent other than he can kick butt? Oh, and take it from me, don't ask 9MM about Joe and Chuy.

Quote:
...What's the deal with her family that has them in Midnight?
This definitely has my curiosity peeked. There has to be something happening with "pops", and maybe the whole family.

Quote:
...How do I keep getting hooked on shows where that kind of sentence is possible???

Join the club!
Old 08-21-17, 12:26 PM   #22
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
I agree with you guys - this show is right on the fence. It's good and there's just a little something missing. The story could be a little tighter, the dialogue could be a little smarter, the acting could be a little better. I'm enjoying it, so I'm sticking with it hoping it will find it's feet. I'm thinking as they start to flesh out some of the characters a little more it will help!

The ummm romance between Manfred and what's her name is kind of boring. What's the deal with her family that has them in Midnight?

My faves so far are Grandma and the vampire LOL. How do I keep getting hooked on shows where that kind of sentence is possible???
Hi Kimny

Manfred, the gypsy, and Creek, his girlfriend with the crabby daddy. They didn't really have any relationship build up. He just showed up in Midnight as a new person and, Creek being single, jumped on it. I agree with you about their romance, but maybe some storyline is being built via it.

Bad Moon Rising
Those full moons and possible solar eclipses cause many weird personality changes don't you think? The Reverend, while his paranormal issues appeared to be normal paranormal stuff, ie werewolf, it turned out not to be so. To have him change into a weretiger was interesting. He is well aware of what he does during his moon phases, so I wonder why he can not change what he does. Maybe he will develop more with Manfred around and be able to start making changes.

That sheriff woman, too bad she met her end. She knew about Midnight being an unusual place, or bad as she called it. She had her nasty streak, too, what with putting BoBo in with the motorcycle group to get some answers. But BoBo showed us his might by knocking them all out and doing damage to them as well. They were all sent to the hospital.

I think Fiji's cabinet full of hair, eww yuck and rotfl, is for protection of her people in the town. She is such a "natural" person being of Wiccan orientation, the epitomey of a good witch. We shall see. The hair in the cabinet put a bit of a spin on her goodness.

Who killed Aubrey? Yes, as Son of Lucifer (Satan)? but that mask was more than just a road dust mask imo. The ex-husband had a similar mask, but the one we saw was bigger, so maybe it will be the ultimate evil one.

That painting Joe showed up is reminiscent of a Heironyous Bosch, not sure if it a copy of one of his paintings, but Heironyous Bosch did the painting called Earthly Delights, an altar triptic that showed wonders and horrorsof Heaven, Hell and Earth. I don't think it was ever used on an altar after the clergy saw it.

So far so fun
Old 08-21-17, 04:40 PM   #23
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Midnight, Texas
S01E05 - "Unearthed"
Monday Aug 21, 2017
9 PM - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"Manfred's growing relationship with Creek is threatened when his con artist past finally catches up with him and the mysterious Hightower finds him. Olivia agrees to help Manfred, but when she and Creek learn the surprising truth about what Manfred is running from, they realize Manfred is not the man Creek thought he was. Meanwhile, Bobo's budding romance with Fiji takes a surprising turn that puts her in danger."
Source
Mr. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-17, 06:34 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
...They didn't really have any relationship build up. He just showed up in Midnight as a new person and, Creek being single, jumped on it him...

Quote:
...Those full moons and possible solar eclipses cause many weird personality changes don't you think? The Reverend, while his paranormal issues appeared to be normal paranormal stuff, ie werewolf, it turned out not to be so. To have him change into a weretiger was interesting. He is well aware of what he does during his moon phases, so I wonder why he can not change what he does...
Is there such a thing as a "weretiger"?

I think he's quit aware of what happens to him during a full moon occurrence. Remember, he had Olivia lock him in the churches basement. It was the female deputy who let him out, only to have him kill her.

Quote:
...I think Fiji's cabinet full of hair, eww yuck and rotfl, is for protection of her people in the town. She is such a "natural" person being of Wiccan orientation, the epitomey of a good witch. We shall see. The hair in the cabinet put a bit of a spin on her goodness...
This makes perfect sense. As you point out, she's such a "good witch".

Having hair and other things from Midnight residents might keep them safe. Or, on occasion, from personal harm. Can you say, Bobo? I thought you could.

Quote:
...Who killed Aubrey? Yes, as Son of Lucifer (Satan)? but that mask was more than just a road dust mask imo. The ex-husband had a similar mask, but the one we saw was bigger, so maybe it will be the ultimate evil one...
Aubrey was Bobo's fiance, right?

I thought her husband killed her and left her to die in the river. And you and I know, Bobo has to get even for what he did.

Quote:
...That painting Joe showed up is reminiscent of a Heironyous Bosch, not sure if it a copy of one of his paintings, but Heironyous Bosch did the painting called Earthly Delights, an altar triptic that showed wonders and horrorsof Heaven, Hell and Earth. I don't think it was ever used on an altar after the clergy saw it...
Just looked at some of his work. There was definitely a religious overtone to the majority of his work. I wouldn't put it past TPTB, to honor a piece of his work.
Old 08-21-17, 08:26 PM   #25
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

There are all sorts of shape shifters and depending on where you are, like India or Africa, you can have that. I wonder if the Rev's background will be fleshed out more.

Do werecritters actually know the details of what they did?

We all know who is under the floor, Satan, and I wonder if he will be connected to the motorcycle group.
I'm grateful to have a spook show, as I call them, to entertain me. I do watch other things, too, just for the record.
Old 08-21-17, 09:49 PM   #26
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
There are all sorts of shape shifters and depending on where you are, like India or Africa, you can have that. I wonder if the Rev's background will be fleshed out more...
, I did not know that.

Quote:
...Do werecritters actually know the details of what they did?
I'm trying to remember if the "original" Wolf Man (Lon Chaney, Jr.) knew what he'd done when he came back? Honestly, I can't remember.

Quote:
...We all know who is under the floor, Satan, and I wonder if he will be connected to the motorcycle group...
Old 08-22-17, 02:26 PM   #27
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Lemuel Unchained

Cool third episode for me. I am enjoying these and I love a backstory, learning how and why a character is the way they are.

So Lemuel, was really a gentle soul to begin with. By the sounds of it he was a Carribean man stolen into slavery who tried and tried to escape. When he does he comes across Zac's path and he is freed from bondage of his physical chains and from his life during that time of the mid 1800's. Lemuel becomes a real vampire with blood thirst.
Geez, I've seen enough vampire stories to know they can control their blood lust, but I just learned of Lemuel's lust for energy only thanks to a young Zelda aka dead Grandma.

Let's get into Zac. I'm going to take your directive, HodgePodge, and

Who is that actor? He looks so familiar and must be Native American, don't you think? Well, besides his lusty looks he is a mean/bad ass vampire who just loves to eat and kill. Why don't vampires get fat? They do gorge themselves on blood, and Zac looked like he was at it a lot, so I think he should be fat.

Zelda saved Lemuel from the life of depravity (and fatness ). I want to know more about her, too.

Innocent Creek, well, she's not so innocent anymore. How long has she known Manfred? And for her it was wham bam thank you sir. She headed off with minimal feelings. Is she going to be a black widow of sorts in the future?
Old 08-22-17, 02:27 PM   #28
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Oh I forgot to say how much I enjoyed those guys, the vampires, getting all those plantation owners and slurping up their life's blood.
Old 08-22-17, 06:15 PM   #29
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Lemuel Unchained

Cool third episode for me. I am enjoying these and I love a backstory, learning how and why a character is the way they are.

So Lemuel, was really a gentle soul to begin with. By the sounds of it he was a Carribean man stolen into slavery who tried and tried to escape. When he does he comes across Zac's path and he is freed from bondage of his physical chains and from his life during that time of the mid 1800's. Lemuel becomes a real vampire with blood thirst.
Geez, I've seen enough vampire stories to know they can control their blood lust, but I just learned of Lemuel's lust for energy only thanks to a young Zelda aka dead Grandma...

...Zelda saved Lemuel from the life of depravity (and fatness ). I want to know more about her, too...
This is as good a time as any to ask my question regarding Lemuel's lust for energy.

First off, is this the first vampire you've seen with those color eyes? Secondly, you mentioned in your post, this was the first you've heard of a lust for energy. Does that fit with your understanding of vampire lore?

Now, we actually see him remove "bad" energy from Olivia, and as you point out again, its very lustful to watch.

Quote:
...Let's get into Zac. I'm going to take your directive, HodgePodge, and

Who is that actor? He looks so familiar and must be Native American, don't you think? Well, besides his lusty looks he is a mean/bad ass vampire who just loves to eat and kill. Why don't vampires get fat? They do gorge themselves on blood, and Zac looked like he was at it a lot, so I think he should be fat...
Here's some bio info on Zahn McClarnon (Zach).

Oh, and who's turn is it to cleanup after 9MM? I did it the last time.

Quote:
...Innocent Creek, well, she's not so innocent anymore. How long has she known Manfred? And for her it was wham bam thank you sir. She headed off with minimal feelings. Is she going to be a black widow of sorts in the future?
Yeah, it didn't take her long to get in his shower.

Okay, obviously TPTB want to show chemistry between the two of them. And, you and I both know, her father is going to find out they've been indoor body surfing. What is he going to do to Manfred once he finds out?

I truly love your idea of Creek being a black widow. I could see that being her claim to fame, so to say.
Old 08-23-17, 02:18 PM   #30
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
This.
I do hope you come back here to discuss the show. I've caught up so I could read back.

Folks, come back and chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
Behind on this, but the first two episodes were more fun than we thought they'd be. The characters are interesting, though there's not much mystery to the murder, it's more of a set-up for the actual story. The dialogue isn't clever enough but the photography is impressive, making the town look both convincingly real enough but also flat, not real.

If only Buffy had had this kind of special effects budget!
I never watched Buffy so don't know how their plots would compare. Every time I watched it I could never understand that professor, the coffee commercial guy.

I am enjoying the set up of the murder explanation with all the twists along the way and of all the character info, too.

Quote:
ITA. I thought the pilot was great, the 2nd was meh, and the 3rd I FFed through a lot of. I think having Manfred become part of the group has been a little rushed and heavy handed.

But I think it has promise I like a lot of the characters, so I'm still watching. Hopefully it will pick back up !
This show is based on a book series by Charlaine Harris who also wrote the books True Blood are based off of. I've not seen True Blood at all but it was written somewhere that this show, Midninght Texas, compares to it, but is more prime time tv available.
I'm enjoying it so far.

Sexy Beast
What can you say about a sucubus other than I always knew they would be ugly, but I didn't think they would take a chunk out of their victim, just energy, but that's what Lemeul does.

Plane story but it does allow the other characters to be developed more and that is what Charlaine Harris (see above) does in her character driven stories.

Bobo is a dum dum going after those Sons of Lucifer. He does have super powers (why?) but the SofL were going to get him if Fiji didn't save him.
He has moved on towards Fiji, who always liked him, quickly.

It was cute the way all the townsfolk banded together to find the succubus. But do we want cute? This time it was alright.

Creek and her brother, they do love to keep secrets from their dad. What is up with their dad that he has such anger issues? And that little brother is way to nosey to be normal imo. They've got a secret.

That scar on Manfred's back, it does look like a bullet hole or a stab wound. It also seems to match Dead Grandma's throat wound.

Enjoyed seeing Olivia line dancing and to hear of her sad beginnings.

Last edited by 9mile monster; 08-23-17 at 02:22 PM.
9mile monster is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »