Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S07E13 "Bury Me Here"

Old 03-12-17, 07:09 PM   #1
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
The Walking Dead S07E13 "Bury Me Here"

The Walking Dead
S07E13 "Bury Me Here"
Sunday, March 12 @ 9EST on AMC

Spoiler: Episode Description and Preview

Keeping with the routine supply drop-off, a group of Kingdommers deliver goods to the Saviors, but things don't go as planned. LINK

Old 03-13-17, 05:30 PM   #2
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Re: The Walking Dead S07E13 "Bury Me Here"

“Bury Me Here” is set in the Kingdom. It starts with Carol awakening from a nightmare of some sort. She is shaken from whatever she dreamt, and has a cigarette. She has to know if Daryl was telling her the truth, because things don’t add up- why did Jesus bring Daryl and the others to meet Ezekiel? What’s really going on? Is everyone truly okay? She leaves at dawn for The Kingdom. She confronts a handful of walkers at the gate. The first one she maims but does not finish off. She kills the rest with an improvised weapon, a “One Way” street sign. Young Kingdom warrior-in-training Benjamin is in awe of her skills. She marches straight to Morgan and asks him point blank why Jesus brought Daryl and others to meet Ezekiel. Morgan responds Rick wants the Kingdom and Alexandria to work together on things. Carol then asks if what Daryl said about everyone being okay was true. Morgan says she’ll have to hear it from Daryl, that it is between them, but that he will leave immediately with her to Alexandria for the answers she seeks. She leaves for her cottage, and young Benjamin requests to follow her. He explains that he is in training, and he would appreciate learning from her. He’d even miss today’s drop that he is supposed to attend. Carol declines. On her way out, she notices the walker the maimed walker was finished off by someone. The camera seems to indicate someone secretly watching Carol. But whom?

Benjamin gives Morgan a painting he scavenged, and returns the “Art Of Peace” pocketbook that he loaned him. “You get injured no matter what,” is what Benjamin learned from the following maxim: “When one injures their opponent, one injures oneself. “ On route to the drop, they encounter a blockade of shopping carts on the road. They point towards a building, behind which is a grave that unbeknownst to them, Richard has dug for himself, with a “Bury Me Here” sign adjacent to it. They arrive at the drop late. As they do, rat faced prick Gavin is showing off striking moves with Morgan’s stick. To Ezekiel’s astonishment, they are 1 melon short. As such, the Saviors demand Ezekiel and crew hand over their guns. Things are about to get emotional. Time for punishment. Richard, ready to sacrifice his life, tells Gavin to just go ahead and do it. Apparently Gavin doesn’t like being told what to do by Richard, and shoots Benjamin instead. They rush him away because he is bleeding out, but not before saying that they understand, come tomorrow, they will bring them the missing melon- or else.

They bring Benjamin to Carol’s out of necessity, where he expires. His last words were requoting the maxim to Morgan: “To injure one’s opponent is to injure oneself.” Morgan, beside himself, goes for a walk. He hears voices, & sees flashes of dead loved ones. He is losing his grip on reality again. He comes very close to slitting his wrists over the grave that Richard built. He kicked a bucket in anger to find the missing melon hiding beneath. There Morgan realize Richard is at fault for Benjamin’s death. He confronts Richard, and tells him why he did it. He lost his wife and daughter because he did nothing. Because he waited. He wanted to sacrifice himself to show Ezekiel what was necessary. But, Richard says, they can still use what happened. They just have to earn the trust back and then hit them when they aren’t expecting it. He tells Morgan that he has to kill, otherwise he might as well off himself.

When they get to the meet, Morgan asks Richard if he told Ezekiel that he was responsible for Benjamin’s death yet. Now’s not the time, Richard says. Ezekiel wants an explanation of whatever immediately, but the Saviors arrive so it will have to wait. Richard hands over the single melon, when Morgan attacks him from behind. He chokes him with his bare hands, killing him, while the rest look on, shocked. Morgan explains that Richard set up the conflict that led to Benjamin’s death. He explains to the Savior henchman that they get it, they fully understand- what they need to do to go on. Morgan doesn’t want to head back to the Kingdom yet and tells the others to go on. He drags Richard’s body to the grave he dug and buries him with his daughter’s backpack. He then visits Carol and tells her he’s killed Richard, and asks whether she wants to know about what really happened at Alexandria. She tells him yes, and he tells her about Glenn, Abraham, Spencer, and Olivia. Morgan storms away and Carol tries to stop him. He tells her he is going out and going to kill the Saviors one by one. Carol proceeds to visit Ezekiel, and tell him that they have to get ready to fight. He agrees the time has come, only today they must mourn Benjamin and comfort his little brother. The episode ends with Morgan widdling the end of his stick into a deadly point. Morgan will become a killing machine, and Carol is back!

-the weevil infestation in the smaller garden required burning to prevent it from spreading to the rest of the crops. Similar to when Carol needed to kill and burn the infected(Karen) at the Prison.

-losing Benjamin brought Morgan back to the suppressed pain of losing Duane, his son. Morgan’s act of killing Richard was strategic and an act of mercy. Richard was ready to sacrifice for the good of the Kingdom, and told Morgan that they NEEDED to regain the Saviors trust, so that they could then attack them.

Spoiler: Next week's episode PREVIEW
Old 03-13-17, 06:27 PM   #3
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

sadly I wonder if your description is better than this episode.

I haven't watched for weeks because things have truly fallen apart. I may watch this one, even though I don't care for the sacrifice of the young for the follies of the old (see almost every war in history). but I like Carol and the Kingdom so may give this one a go. Maybe the fillers are done.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-17, 07:33 PM   #4
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

If you do BA let me know what your thoughts on the tiger scene.

This episode had a lot of emotional scenes with Richard, Morgan, and Carol. Lenny James definitely has raised the level of acting on this show.
Nicotero is outdoing himself lately.
Old 03-16-17, 08:42 PM   #5
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

sad episode.

i thought the turn by Ezekial to Morgan's way of thinking was abrupt...yes a sad loss had occurred, but considering the number of community members he cares for, it seemed IMO faster than it should be. Unless he had been brooding prior to this point and we weren't let into it as the audience.

Carol, I can't call specifically the change of mind beyond what Morgan told her...and again, that does not feel solid enough to me to warrant a loyal return to help Rick.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-17, 12:25 AM   #6
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

I think Ezekial finally came around to the fact that the Saviors are unhinged and won;t ever just deal with them reasonably. They killed a kid over a melon. A freaking melon. Yeah, what it took for it to happen was the fault of Richard, but he was right. The Saviors will eventually take everything.

When there is a weevil in the garden, you clear that area before it spreads and overtakes everything. The Saviors are he weevils. They want to spread and take everything over. So you have to stop them before they do.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-17, 12:49 AM   #7
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey

eh i guess so...tho a detente vs allout war, that's a HUGE emotional decision to make. maybe if they warranted it better with an idea of the numbers of non-savs vs savs would help me understand the justification. but then again I'm trying to rationalize war, which is overall stupid in any sane person's book. (not slighting vets, i love my vets.)

People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
Red skies at night
Old 03-17-17, 05:49 PM   #8
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

I think for Ezekial it took something more personal for him to get there. And that was a Savior randomly shooting Ben. He felt responsible for him, and now for his brother even moreso. I think the emotion of his death did it. Had Richard been the one to have been shot, I don't think Ezekial gets there. That is the kicker.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-17-17, 08:23 PM   #9
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey

interesting lawboy....so Richard's plan would have failed had it gone according to how he wanted it to. Man that is a kick in the teeth - you sacrifice yourself, but it's for nought.

People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
Red skies at night
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »