Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S07E06 "Swear"

Old 11-27-16, 04:36 PM   #1
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
The Walking Dead S07E06 "Swear"

The Walking Dead
S07E06 - "Swear"
Sunday, November 27, 2016 on AMC

Spoiler: Episode Description and Rest of Season Promo

A familiar face stumbles upon a brand new society. Their rules, location and setup are unlike anything that has been seen before. source
WDGovernor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-16, 07:48 PM   #2
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Re: The Walking Dead S07E06 "Swear"

this might have required a two part episode. or none at all.

I say a two part because we only receive a glimpse of these people and we (via tara) are talked to too much about the group's tragedies, philosophy, etc. If you're going to see this group at all, have as a first episode be just with them with the close of the first episode being the discovery of tara and her companion walker. maybe at the beginning of the first episode an execution. or simply a burial. or characters remembering those who were murdered. something. this episode seemed like terminus with nothing close to the necessary drama.

I did like the return in time to tara and heath's scavenging. and the bridge. maybe there should have been more of that but with even greater artistic purpose.

I don't think I liked the ending. I think Tara just walking up to Alexandria's gates would have been fine. We already know the awaiting tragedy. It does not have to be referenced again.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-16, 10:31 PM   #3
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

it's probably my old age, i don't recall tara at all....so a meh episode for me.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-16, 11:27 PM   #4
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

This season is one huge fragmented flaming bag of turds so far. Not been impressed with the pacing at all. The show is too fragged up right now. People are all over and you see them then they disappear for weeks at a time. Too many weeks.

TPTB have really struggled the last few seasons with the first half of the year. They have really been mostly subpar. Start with a bang, then they hit the breaks. It is as if they think they can just save it for the last 4-5 episodes, then suck it up til then.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-16, 12:15 AM   #5
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

after seeing the kingdom episode if truth be told that's all i want to see. the kingdom. somehow they handle the saviors and have a thriving community. they live in some sort of fantasy game dress up reality which, after the boring suburbia of alexandria and the over toxic negan-ranting savior death march and the hilltop's antebellum gentleman lordly facade, is at least a bubble-wrap enclosed domain of hope. plus carol and morgan are there, experiencing self-discovery and purpose. don't get me wrong---i like "parts" of other episodes. but i like the dynamic people who won't just sit around and take it. maggie. sasha. jesus to an extent. even carl who's a fool to face negan but is at least doing something.

maybe at least this season there are just too many people to pay attention to. and so the show seems fragmented. that's why i ask: is the tara episode really necessary? even the daryl episode. i cared about daryl but the saviors are just not all that interesting. and when the saviors showed up at alexandria. i don't think i cared all much. especially when negan wouldn't stop talking.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-16, 04:31 AM   #6
Cr8tor
Of the Bubs
Stares Down Smokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
This season is one huge fragmented flaming bag of turds so far. Not been impressed with the pacing at all. The show is too fragged up right now. People are all over and you see them then they disappear for weeks at a time. Too many weeks.

TPTB have really struggled the last few seasons with the first half of the year. They have really been mostly subpar. Start with a bang, then they hit the breaks. It is as if they think they can just save it for the last 4-5 episodes, then suck it up til then.
This. TPTB are dragging their feet knowing that people will continue to watch. Or so they think. I'm really ready to call it a day.
Cr8tor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-16, 07:03 AM   #7
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
this might have required a two part episode. or none at all.

I say a two part because we only receive a glimpse of these people and we (via tara) are talked to too much about the group's tragedies, philosophy, etc. If you're going to see this group at all, have as a first episode be just with them with the close of the first episode being the discovery of tara and her companion walker. maybe at the beginning of the first episode an execution. or simply a burial. or characters remembering those who were murdered. something. this episode seemed like terminus with nothing close to the necessary drama.

I did like the return in time to tara and heath's scavenging. and the bridge. maybe there should have been more of that but with even greater artistic purpose.

I don't think I liked the ending. I think Tara just walking up to Alexandria's gates would have been fine. We already know the awaiting tragedy. It does not have to be referenced again.
In response to the italicized: That beginning on the beach I thought was done well. It reminded me of LOST at first(beaches do that to me sometimes), then I was like no, Lord of the Flies. The young girl wanting to kill Tara on straight policy? Kind of sad, but not a bad rule considering what they turned out to have gone through.

In response to the bolded: I agree that the ending would have been cool with Tara walking up to the gates. Would you have ended it with Tara smiling walking up, her looking confused at Eugene, or Eugene's something-terrible's-happened face? I think having Tara keep her word to Cyndie by not relinquishing her recon was admirable on Tara's part. I wonder if she will keep her word. Or whether Cyndie ultimately comes to the help fight the Saviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
but i like the dynamic people who won't just sit around and take it. maggie. sasha. jesus to an extent. even carl who's a fool to face negan but is at least doing something.
I like the juxtaposition of the dynamic verses non-dynamic characters. It gives new leaders like Maggie room to grow. Rick is in submissive mode out of necessity. He has to protect himself and his group(especially his son) by bowing down to Negan. Rick will shake himself free of this depressive trance when the math tells him he is likely to succeed. It will come soon I hope. It really sucks to see the show and our clan of Ricksters so fractured.

To return to a point you made earlier this season I think- these episodes would be better enjoyed marathon style! But I do not want to wait so I guess I'm stuck with the mid season pacing. I mean I get it- if you are planning out a season, you are going to want to start off and end strong, but a whole episode of Tara was probably uncalled for. But maybe we'll see this was needed for the big closing number. The little fish eater girl kills Negan with a spear. You heard it hear first.
WDGovernor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-16, 04:32 PM   #8
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDGovernor View Post
I mean I get it- if you are planning out a season, you are going to want to start off and end strong, but a whole episode of Tara was probably uncalled for.
Not only uncalled for, but just plain boring. She is not an interesting or crucial enough character to be given that focus. To be honest, it was near excruciating watching it. So so boring. I was really hoping it was a swan song epi and she was gonna die at the end. Sort of like the Nikki-Paolo Lost episode. It would have made it better, to be honest. She was not missed for a second when she was gone. And if she was still gone, no one would care.

It might have been the worst TWD epi I have ever seen. IT was as bad as a FTWD episode, and that is saying something. Just super boring.

I hope this season picks up fast. Other than S7E1, it has mostly sucked. The writers have lost their mojo. Might be time to replace Gimple and bring in new writing blood.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-29-16, 08:02 PM   #9
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Not only uncalled for, but just plain boring. She is not an interesting or crucial enough character to be given that focus. To be honest, it was near excruciating watching it. So so boring. I was really hoping it was a swan song epi and she was gonna die at the end. Sort of like the Nikki-Paolo Lost episode. It would have made it better, to be honest. She was not missed for a second when she was gone. And if she was still gone, no one would care.

It might have been the worst TWD epi I have ever seen. IT was as bad as a FTWD episode, and that is saying something. Just super boring.

I hope this season picks up fast. Other than S7E1, it has mostly sucked. The writers have lost their mojo. Might be time to replace Gimple and bring in new writing blood.
Basically agree.

Plus, she's a scientologist.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-16, 05:02 AM   #10
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

Meh, I like it. It's not the most groundbreaking and amazing show watching of all time but it's still enjoyable to me. I thought the new group was interesting and I don't hate what's her face. You guys are pretty harsh, lol.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »