Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S07E08 "Hearts Still Beating"

Old 12-11-16, 04:42 PM   #1
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
The Walking Dead S07E08 "Hearts Still Beating"

The Walking Dead
S07E07 - "Hearts Still Beating"
Sunday, December 11, 2016 on AMC

Spoiler: Episode Description and Promo

With members out scavenging for supplies, Negan's unwelcome visit to Alexandria continues. With tensions high, things quickly spin out of control.
LINK

Last edited by WDGovernor; 12-11-16 at 05:20 PM.
WDGovernor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-16, 04:47 PM   #2
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Re: The Walking Dead S07E08 "Hearts Still Beating"

I liked this episode. Thought they did a nice job of finally attempting to merge Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom. Also liked the Negan parts.

Especially because the others in Alexandria got to see exactly how diabolical he is. They had only heard stories, thought Rick maybe was wimping out. Stupid Spencer got what he deserved, and everyone got to see it. Negan and his thugs will want it all, as Daryl said. They act like they only want little by little, but they want it all. So the time to plan for a future fight is coming.

I also liked the mystery of the boots. Who wore them at the place Rick and Aaron raided, and how were they able to track back to Alexandria. My wife thinks it is a woman. I tend to agree. Would be a good twist. Especially if they have more people to contribute to a battle. OR weapons. Big weapons. Need big weapons to beat Negan, unless insurrection from within can take him down.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-16, 05:16 PM   #3
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

So, when Daryl was in that room, making his escape, he put on a new shirt, etc. Then he goes near the window and the camera focuses on something that seems to be important. Looked to us like a statue of a building? Anyone get the significance?

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-16, 05:24 PM   #4
Lawboy
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
So, when Daryl was in that room, making his escape, he put on a new shirt, etc. Then he goes near the window and the camera focuses on something that seems to be important. Looked to us like a statue of a building? Anyone get the significance?
I thought it was a cheap gift shop replica of The Hilltop building? Which is where Daryl ended up with Jesus.

Old 12-13-16, 07:34 PM   #5
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

To me, this episode was frustrating. It was so carved up into unequal parts that I about gave up. The best part was anything Michonne. The actress has so much energy and the character is so dynamic that other actors and characters were left on the side of the road. The other good scene was Carl and Olivia and Negan having a meal together. There I believed the tension because both Carl and Olivia credibly (acting wise) stood up to Negan. But again the show overplays Negan and his deeply boring henchmen to where I wish they had killed everyone who was just standing around and watching as though there had been a fender bender at Main and Elm. The Spencer march to death was so tedious. His turning into a zombie was by far the best moment. I think that most of the Alexandria siege didn't have to be shown. Why not just show Rick and Aaron returning to the carnage. And have Negan leave a note: Next time be here.

Meanwhile Daryl's escape was fine. I liked it that he beat Joey's head into pulp. Negan next please. But the last scenes at Hilltop was just awful. Maggie's reaction (and perhaps Rick and Daryl's embrace) was the only good acting. All those marching towards the gates were directed as though they were strolling without any purpose to the Emerald City because it's a celebrated tourist attraction. And then Jesus saying let's go to the Kingdom. Why not take a bus? That's what his delivery and the sudden motion of all the characters conveyed. Really horrible.

Meanwhile there was no Kingdom but merely a Kingdom annex. Carol and Morgan were fine together but that other guy was seriously third wheel. There really needed to be more glimpses at least of the Kingdom to bring it out more as a viable alliance. Maybe a meeting between Ezekiel and a mysterious stranger whom we don't see (Jesus of course). Something.

Let's hope 2017 shows way more balance between locales. It's tough to treat Negan as all great and powerful when there's little counterbalance to his far too many scenes.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-16, 07:48 PM   #6
Lawboy
Sees Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
It's tough to treat Negan as all great and powerful when there's little counterbalance to his far too many scenes.
I think the main counterbalance to Negan has been showing Dwight and his internal struggle and hatred for Negan over him taking Sherry as a wife. And Sherry despises him too. There are Saviors who hate him too. All is not rosey. But I do agree there needs to be more cracks with his other henchmen. They are mostly caricatures still.

Old 12-13-16, 08:32 PM   #7
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
I thought it was a cheap gift shop replica of The Hilltop building? Which is where Daryl ended up with Jesus.
Yeah, that makes sense. A little foreshadowing, huh?

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-14-16, 02:59 PM   #8
Cmdr Spock
Armchair Couturier
Sees Walt

The symbolism of Daryl giving Rick his spine Python back was subtle. I just can't buy that one of the Saviors would not have piked Negan the first time he fell asleep, this season's conflict is lacking in credibility for me. Ymmv. I'm concerned they're setting up Michonne as the next major character death.

Official Keeper of Sun's Awesome Orgy of Revenge.
Cmdr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-16, 03:20 AM   #9
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
I liked this episode. Thought they did a nice job of finally attempting to merge Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom. Also liked the Negan parts.

Especially because the others in Alexandria got to see exactly how diabolical he is. They had only heard stories, thought Rick maybe was wimping out. Stupid Spencer got what he deserved, and everyone got to see it. Negan and his thugs will want it all, as Daryl said. They act like they only want little by little, but they want it all. So the time to plan for a future fight is coming.

I also liked the mystery of the boots. Who wore them at the place Rick and Aaron raided, and how were they able to track back to Alexandria. My wife thinks it is a woman. I tend to agree. Would be a good twist. Especially if they have more people to contribute to a battle. OR weapons. Big weapons. Need big weapons to beat Negan, unless insurrection from within can take him down.
I liked this episode too and really liked the one before - that had a lot of Carl and Negan together. When Carl told Negan to jump out the window and save Carl the trouble of killing him - that is bold. Carl may in fact have giant sized man you know whats.

Yeah, I was thinking someone kill Spencer and yay it happened and it was horrid and gross yet delightful because it was Spencer. He did look cool as a zombie.

I guess I got mixed up - I thought the mystery boot person was the dude from the Kingdom that had screen time with Carol and Morgan this episode. Maybe it is ? Cindy from the Oceanside camp , the one that helped Tara escape.

They better come up with a plan soon before the saviors come looking for supplies again at one of the three camps and catch on that plans are brewing.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-15-16, 03:26 AM   #10
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr Spock View Post
The symbolism of Daryl giving Rick his spine Python back was subtle. I just can't buy that one of the Saviors would not have piked Negan the first time he fell asleep, this season's conflict is lacking in credibility for me. Ymmv. I'm concerned they're setting up Michonne as the next major character death.

I hope Michonne is not the next major character death. NO !!!!!!
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »