Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S07E16 "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Old 04-02-17, 03:43 PM   #1
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor
The Walking Dead S07E16 "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

The Walking Dead
S07E16 "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"
Season Finale
Sunday, April 2 @ 9EST on AMC

Spoiler: Episode Description and Promo

The stakes keep mounting higher and higher as different stories clash, while the group enacts an intricate plan. link

Old 04-03-17, 04:05 AM   #2
J_C
Hypercreative
Talks Backwards

Re: The Walking Dead S07E16 "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Why, why would she have taken the trip in the coffin? Why would they have her in there? LMAO.
I'm well over Negan.
Maybe over all of this.

J_C is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 05:51 AM   #3
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_C View Post
Why, why would she have taken the trip in the coffin? Why would they have her in there? LMAO.
I'm well over Negan.
Maybe over all of this.
I must agree.
___

So, you're big plan is to cut down some trees? Tremendous! On your way then.
___

You're smuggling me a pill so I can die, turn, and then try to bite Negan? Can't you just get me a pistol or something?
___

Guns up now! Cuz I'm Carol the badass!

___

I'm glad you're making this decision for us, because the rest of us anonymous extras here at the hilltop are too stupid to make this decision.

___

Honestly, I was kind of hoping Rick would die and this would become a story about how Negan builds a post apocalyptic empire.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 04:25 PM   #4
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Damn you Gimple. I knew he would ruin a great opportunity to get it right. Instead, he is needlessly dragging things out in the same of job security. TWD needs to cut him loose for how he has managed the pace of the storytelling the last 2-3 seasons. So much dull in the middle, then stupid cliffhangers.

So let's recap.

Jadis turns on RIck and Alexandria. For what again? I was so unclear on what that deal was it made it impossible for me to believe it. Rick offered her all the spoils from the battle with the Saviors. Negan gave her 10 what exactly? And how was that better?

Tell me why Shiva didn't go right for the guy with the bat when she first attacked? And tell me how she knew the difference between the Ricksters, Alexandrians, Saviors, and Junkyard crew? AT the end, they never showed her. And they showed her attack two times--and hey--Saviors. What luck.

If you are Carl and are blasting away, wouldn't one of the first places you look to shoot be at 1)Negan, or 2) Jadis? If I can;t see Negan, I blast away at Jadis because she has a gun on my dad. Yet, no one shot at her. Not one time. How Negan and Jadis got away without a scratch is bogus.

Why at the end did they show people back in their own communities again, like nothing had just happened. Yeah, we attacked Negan, and yeah we had our team building chat together, so now let's pretend that nothing just happened at all, and all separate and go home, making us each weaker. Cuz that makes perfect sense. They all know Negan will have to retaliate to keep his power. THey have to pick one community, then defend it for now.

Sasha went out cool, though. I'll give her that. I get her not taking down Negan. No way was that gonna happen. But Eugene? That bastard needs to die. And die now. As soon as he said he is Negan, he should have been shot between the eyes.

I think Dwight is still on Rick;s side. He wants Negan to go down. It is obvious he hates him. I don't think he was playing the Alexandrians.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Last edited by Lawboy; 04-03-17 at 04:49 PM.
Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 04:39 PM   #5
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Good recap and critique here. It references the comics in a couple places, so if you want to avoid that, then don't read this. It makes some guesses on where the show is headed based on the comics, but points out he show is not always faithful to the comics.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/...finale-w474664

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 07:22 PM   #6
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie

I am actually so in love with the finale. I knew Sasha was going because she is set to star in the new Star Trek. But the WAY it happened....oh hell yeah! SHIVA!!!! YES PLEASE! And the fact that I don't have to fret until October I am super OK with!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-17, 09:16 AM   #7
ollie
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Damn you Gimple.
Yep. Damn you Gimple.

Quote:
So much dull in the middle, then stupid cliffhangers.
The best summary of this season I've seen so far.

Quote:
Jadis turns on RIck and Alexandria. For what again? I was so unclear on what that deal was it made it impossible for me to believe it. Rick offered her all the spoils from the battle with the Saviors. Negan gave her 10 what exactly? And how was that better?
Yeah, 10 what exactly??

I assumed it was people or weapons, but why Jadis felt greater alignment with Negan is totally inexplicable.

Quote:
Tell me why Shiva didn't go right for the guy with the bat when she first attacked? And tell me how she knew the difference between the Ricksters, Alexandrians, Saviors, and Junkyard crew?
Just bad writing. Plain and simple. Or is that "plain ol' Gimple"?

I would've been terrified if a blood thirsty tiger was roaming the place. There's just no way Shiva could tell the good guys from the bad.

Quote:
If you are Carl and are blasting away, wouldn't one of the first places you look to shoot be at 1)Negan, or 2) Jadis? If I can;t see Negan, I blast away at Jadis because she has a gun on my dad. Yet, no one shot at her. Not one time. How Negan and Jadis got away without a scratch is bogus.

Just defies any kind of meaningful explanation.

And then when Negan was being driven away in the truck at the end he was giving them all the finger despite them all shooting multiple rounds at the vehicle.

And not one bullet even grazed Negan. Man, that guys lucky!!

Quote:
Why at the end did they show people back in their own communities again, like nothing had just happened. Yeah, we attacked Negan, and yeah we had our team building chat together, so now let's pretend that nothing just happened at all, and all separate and go home, making us each weaker. Cuz that makes perfect sense. They all know Negan will have to retaliate to keep his power. THey have to pick one community, then defend it for now.
Damn you Gimple.

Quote:
Sasha went out cool, though. I'll give her that. I get her not taking down Negan. No way was that gonna happen. But Eugene? That bastard needs to die. And die now. As soon as he said he is Negan, he should have been shot between the eyes.
I can't even go with this. Sasha threw her life away. I thought it was stupid on her part.

Unsure about Eugene. The writers have to do something with him that makes his move to the Saviours interesting.

Quote:
I think Dwight is still on Rick;s side. He wants Negan to go down. It is obvious he hates him. I don't think he was playing the Alexandrians.
Agreed.

All in all, I thought it was a very disappointing season.
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-17, 12:42 AM   #8
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

I wasn't going to watch the finale. I haven't watched consistently because the show has been too filler frustrating. But I think I may watch for Sasha since it's her farewell tour. But all this should have started earlier in the year. Much of the second half of the season should have been battle battle battle. There's plenty of time to have dopey conversations (frequent filler stuffing) during battle. Or even good ones. I liked Maggie and Darryl for instance. Way more interesting than all the boring Savior thugs who made Gregory a little baby once again (old news---no need to repeat). This season has just been all over the place with the obvious purpose of stretching things out an extra year. The Savior collection visits became boring and unnecessary. I wanted warfare and revenge right away. Had no patience for whether boring Eugene turned traitor or not. Or whether there was another political spat in boring Hilltop. Even the comparably dynamic Kingdom was being sucked into slo-mo status. And Alexandria? Just blow the place up and move to the Kingdom. At least they have food. After the extremely violent beginning is as though the show itself during this year has been depleted of its soul. You can't weaken the people you're attached to the entire show history to that extent and expect everyone just to nod in agreement. Killing most of them would have been better. Then have the few survivors join somebody else.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-17, 06:57 AM   #9
J_C
Hypercreative
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Yes, the "new deal" seems to make no sense unless Jadis values something that we are not aware of. If I heard correctly, After Jadis said: "You said 10", Negan said:"People are a resource". So I figure it was 10 people, and her use of people may be something unusual to say the least. Her people seem like a cult more than anything else. Followers may be more of a prize to her. IDK. However, I still agree that it was a bunch of crap.
Quote:
...How Negan and Jadis got away without a scratch is bogus.
The logistics of the entire battle were a confused mess. When the Kingdom and Hilltop came charging in, they came from behind the houses within Alexandria. How does THAT happen? That gate is the only entrance to Alexandria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
Much of the second half of the season should have been battle battle battle.
Yes, The finale is how the first half should have ended. The Negan "element" of this story should have been mostly reconciled by the end of the season.

The thing is, this type of show does not need cliffhangars. People watch the show to see how the overall concept plays out, so gimmicks aren't needed to bring people back. Because, you could say, the whole show is the gimmick (zombie apocalypse), or, you could say the whole show is a cliffhangar: Will the Living find permanent refuge from, or vanquish the Walking Dead.

And those are the two things have become lost to the show:
1) What happened? What is the origin of the zombification?
I've mentioned before that The Walking Dead are no longer starring in their own show. They rarely appear, and in usually controllable circumstances--to add a little color to whatever other story they are filling the episode with.
2) Will "our people" overcome this greater evil?
The mainstay of the show was the struggle/adventure of a small band of "heroes" against a great unnatural monstrous evil. Now its just a super-real Man's inhumanity to Man without any truly interesting apocalyptic twists.

Lastly, the individual conflict/struggles have become group things now; the personal element has become heavily diluted so the "dopey conversations" seem all the more fatuous

I maintain that I have stayed on topic in that my remarks about the episode mirrors my overall analysis of the development of the show

Last edited by J_C; 04-05-17 at 07:03 AM.
J_C is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-05-17, 04:15 PM   #10
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick

Dynomite Champion!

Speculation on Jadis' price: something more valuable to her than spoils. Perhaps, people? Men? She expressed desire to lay with Rick. That could have been a ruse considering what the plan ended up revealing. Maybe she was looking for able bodied people to add to their numbers.
Other option: zombie weapons. The zombie in the pit that Rick fought is similar to the defenses Negan is erecting around the sanctuary. Maybe he was giving her some armored walkers.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »