Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-15-17, 09:29 PM   #61
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Midnight, Texas NBC Monday

Midnight, Texas
S01E09 - "Riders of the Storm"
Wednesday - Sept 13, 2017
9 PM - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"A sandstorm hides wraith-like demonic spirits heralding the arrival of a demon from hell; Bobo vows to protect Fiji; Manfred, Joe and the Rev dig for answers from the past; Olivia confronts Lem; Creek helps Manfred."
Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-15-17, 10:01 PM   #62
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

You know I love episodes that tell, using flashbacks, a character's backstory. Well, Fiji was on the menu in Riders of the Storm.

It seems, she was sent to her aunts to live because she set fire to a room, along with other "witch-like" things.

When she arrives at her aunts, she's told her favorite aunt is a witch, and her aunt thinks she's one too. After this is clarified to all concern, she goes about learning the tricks of the trade.

These flashbacks also tell the story of Fiji's first love. It was a boy in Midnight who apparently didn't mine she was a witch. But, once they tried to consummate their relationship, a passionate kiss was all that was needed to consume the young man in fire.

Back in the here and now, Fiji has to explain to the others why Kolkenar wants her for himself. She's a virgin, and older virgins are incredibly rare and powerful. He wants to strip her of her power for himself.

Manfred and Fiji combine their know-how, Manfred's thru a book his grandmother left him, and Fiji thru years of honing her skills.

They come up with a plan that will let them learn the secrets of a Shaman who dealt with Kolkenar before. But, this requires a death-sacrifice.

Fiji's cat, volunteers, "I'm tired of this world!", but instead Manfred dies. Creek, whose finally decreed her love for Manfred, stays with the body. "There's witchcraft involved, I don't believe you're dead."

Manfred rises from the dead, but not before meeting with the shaman who apparently tells him how to defeat Kolkenar. All of this happens after Fiji decides to sacrifice herself so no one else will die.
Old 09-16-17, 03:38 PM   #63
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
You know I love episodes that tell, using flashbacks, a character's backstory. Well, Fiji was on the menu in Riders of the Storm.
I do love a backstory, too. We come from the same barrel, Hodge.

Quote:
Back in the here and now, Fiji has to explain to the others why Kolkenar wants her for himself. She's a virgin, and older virgins are incredibly rare and powerful. He wants to strip her of her power for himself.
I'm going to age myself now and say that wouldn't this be nice if all the young women of today knew this. Older virgins are very powerful.
I know, I know, but I had to lay out my old heart.
I'm not a virgin, but I'm old and a little powerful.

I was sad to see Fiji loose faith and go out towards Kokonar.

Quote:
Manfred and Fiji combine their know-how, Manfred's thru a book his grandmother left him, and Fiji thru years of honing her skills.
I've been having a rewatch of this show with my daughter since she is staying with me for a week after surgery, but she's enjoying the show a lot.
But I was reminded that Manfred sold many old items to Bobo's pawn shop. His lineage goes far back, possibly before the 16th century.

I do not like the direction that Olivia and Lem are taking. Sheesh in the last episode, I got a little teary eyes as Lem and Olivia spoke of what is going to go down after all is good for them.
This also made me think that this could be a good story line for next season of Midnight Texas.
Old 09-16-17, 05:41 PM   #64
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
...but I'm old and a little powerful.

Quote:
...I was sad to see Fiji loose faith and go out towards Kokonar...
The only thing she remembers is what happened to her first boyfriend. Then, to have him be the messenger for Kolkonar, is quit ironic. She'll do anything to protect the ones she loves.

Quote:
...I do not like the direction that Olivia and Lem are taking. Sheesh in the last episode, I got a little teary eyes as Lem and Olivia spoke of what is going to go down after all is good for them.
This also made me think that this could be a good story line for next season of Midnight Texas.
9MM, I've got'a believe in the end, she'll stay with Lem. I truly love them together. Passion along with anger release.
Old 09-18-17, 08:31 PM   #65
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Mr. Bill, are they trying to dump all of the episodes because they're not bringing it back?
Charlain Harris, the author of the Midnight Texas book series, well she has written three books. I cannot get a synopsis on any of those books though.
Maybe it will come back. It's been a fun watch.

Did I tell you I've been having a rewatch with my daughter since she is staying with me for a week after surgery for a hip injury. She is liking it as well. She was caught by the characters and kept wanting to know more.

Olivia's haircut. I do miss her long hair, but she still looks good with her bob.
However, that whole hair cutting event could have been part of a story line ala Sampson.
Damn I should write this stuff.
Old 09-18-17, 08:35 PM   #66
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Here are her books from the Midnight Texas series. She is just a regular looking Southern lady, chubby and cute, but she is a really prolific writer

Quote:
Midnight, Texas trilogy
Midnight Crossroad (May 2014)
Day Shift (May 2015)
Night Shift (May 2016)
Oh lol, upon relooking at Wiki about her, I see that she is older than me. Cool
Old 09-18-17, 09:07 PM   #67
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Season Finale

Midnight, Texas
S01E10 - "The Virgin Sacrifice"
Monday Sept 18, 2017
9 PM - NBC

Spoiler: Episode Description & Promo

"In the Season 1 finale, Manfred leads the Midnighters to take back their home from the evil forces that occupy it while Hell is literally about to erupt onto Witch Light Road and Fiji is about to be claimed by the demon who has been tormenting her. As Bobo turns his attention to saving Fiji, Olivia and Creek confront the wraiths. Manfred focuses on killing the demon and closing the veil with the help of Lem, Joe and the Rev. Manfred risks his life by asking for help from an unlikely source."
Source
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-17, 09:32 PM   #68
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Still no word on a second season. Keep your and.

Looking forward to tonight finale.
Old 09-19-17, 11:18 AM   #69
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Nice ending that left a lot of room for the next season to pick up with.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Old 09-20-17, 06:38 PM   #70
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Finally got a chance to watch the season finale.

There were a couple of hokey incidents, but I didn't mine. I overlook a lot of things because I truly like this series.

We've come to realize that when "one" Midnighter is threaten, everyone else comes to the rescue. That's one of the things I love about the series.

Out in the World, they'd probably be enemies, but in Midnight they're all family. And that's what Rev. said at the wedding of Lem and Olivia. Told you 9MM, they were destined for one another.

Now, what got me really interested was Creek's friend and restaurant owner, Madonna (isn't that a great name for a resident of Midnight?), is in cahoots with Olivia's father. Definitely want to know more about all involved.

Actually, I was a little disappointed with Kolkonar. Yeah, we'd seen his likeness in the picture Joe painted, but I was expecting more.

He wanted to have sex with Fiji! Well, how in the HELL was he going to do that? He was a complete demon. Horns and all!

I also expected one or several of the demons who inhabited Manfred's body to remain. And, I guess it's still possible.

But remember when he got up the next morning and went to the bathroom. He got some pills out of the medicine cabinet and closed the door. That's when I expected to see one of the demons looking back at him.

So, who does everyone think is behind the renovation of the hotel? Is the woman we met just the "front woman" for some corporation, or is she something else? Something demonic?

I truly hope they bring this back next season. I'll keep everyone in the thread apprised if I hear anything.