Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Orville - Fox Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-10-17, 03:48 PM   #1
nsguy
Cons the Conman

The Orville - Fox Thursday

The Orville - Series Premiere
S01E01 "Old Wounds"
Sunday, September 10, 2017 @ 8/7c on Fox

Spoiler: About
From Emmy Award-winning executive producer and creator Seth MacFarlane (FAMILY GUY, “Ted,” “Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey”), THE ORVILLE is a live-action, one-hour space adventure series set 400 years in the future that follows The Orville, a mid-level exploratory spaceship. Its crew, both human and alien, face the wonders and dangers of outer space, while also dealing with the familiar, often humorous problems of everyday life. The ensemble series stars MacFarlane as the ship’s Commanding Officer and Adrianne Palicki (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Friday Night Lights”) as his ex-wife, who’s assigned as his First Officer. Additional cast members include Penny Johnson Jerald (“24,” “The Larry Sanders Show”), Scott Grimes (“ER,” “Justified”), Peter Macon (“Shameless,” “Bosch”), Halston Sage (“Neighbors,” “Goosebumps”), J Lee (FAMILY GUY, “The Cleveland Show”), Mark Jackson (“That Royal Today”) and Chad L. Coleman (“The Walking Dead,” “The Wire”).

THE ORVILLE is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. The series was created and written by Seth MacFarlane. MacFarlane, Brannon Braga (“Terra Nova”), David A. Goodman (FAMILY GUY), Jason Clark (“Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” “Ted”) and Liz Heldens (“Mercy,” “Deception”) serve as executive producers on the series. Jon Favreau (“The Jungle Book,” “Iron Man”) directed the pilot, on which he also served as an executive producer. Source

Spoiler: Trailer
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-10-17, 03:52 PM   #2
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Re: The Orville - Fox Sunday

Was looking forward to this, I like Seth McFarlane and the premise reminded me of Galaxy Quest. Unfortunately the reviews I've seen have said that the show takes itself too seriously. I'm still planning to check this out.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 07:20 PM   #3
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

We watched the first episode. We love Seth McFarlane's stuff in general (except maybe the Cleveland Show) so we figured it would be worth a shot. It wasn't really funny at all and not really all that entertaining but it was mostly just all setup. I'll give it one more episode I suppose but if it isn't way better we will probably pass. There is too much great TV out there that we haven't watched yet.
Old 09-11-17, 07:29 PM   #4
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Thumbs down Re: The Orville - Fox Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We watched the first episode. We love Seth McFarlane's stuff in general (except maybe the Cleveland Show) so we figured it would be worth a shot. It wasn't really funny at all and not really all that entertaining but it was mostly just all setup. I'll give it one more episode I suppose but if it isn't way better we will probably pass. There is too much great TV out there that we haven't watched yet.
Couldn't have said it better.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 08:20 PM   #5
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

I agree. I was expecting something along the lines of Galaxy Quest zaniness, but not one character was interesting enough to care about. With Star Trek Discovery coming up, they really need to set themselves apart. I'll give it a few more episodes and hope the funny factor kicks in.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 08:23 PM   #6
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

We didn't make it to the first advert break.

MacFarlane has a good track record though (i can even tolerate Cleveland show in limited doses), so i'll give this another try at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 09:15 PM   #7
addhawk
Follows the Cable

Live action Family Guy. Bring in Stewie and Brian and I'm sold.
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 09:52 PM   #8
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
We watched the first episode. We love Seth McFarlane's stuff in general (except maybe the Cleveland Show) so we figured it would be worth a shot. It wasn't really funny at all and not really all that entertaining but it was mostly just all setup...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
Couldn't have said it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I agree. I was expecting something along the lines of Galaxy Quest zaniness, but not one character was interesting enough to care about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
We didn't make it to the first advert break...
I made it thru the first commercial, but barely.

I'm wondering if they'd stuck with a take-off on the Star Trek franchise would it have been better? It was kind'a funny in the beginning, then serious, then kind'a funny again.
Old 09-11-17, 10:05 PM   #9
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

I thought it was obviously a take-off of the Star Trek franchise. They had Worf and Data counterparts, Data is even an old fashioned robot. Not sure who Pizza-boy is suppose to be, Wesley Crusher maybe? The uniforms and spaceship are very TNG. They can't do a literal take-off because CBS/Paramount owns the rights to ST, but this was a close knock-off as was Galaxy Quest.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-17, 10:32 PM   #10
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Galaxy Quest was freakin hilarious though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »