Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Dark Side's First Watch - The Man In The High Castle

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-16-18, 10:40 AM   #21
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Re: Dark Side's First Watch - The Man In The High Castle

More stuff I wanna document here lest I forget about it.

FDR was assassinated. By whom? Who took power?

The USA relented in 1947 says Tagomi. I'm certain someone said the war ended in 1952 during ep 1. Who would have been still fighting? Russia? Confusing.

Another mig flies overhead, right at the airport. Was it landing? Taking off? What the hell are migs doing flying around Jap occupied California? Did the Japs take over Russia?

Why didn't Kido kill Frink for being Jewish? Isn't killing Jews a German mandate? Is there a percentage rule?

When the Jewish family said their prayer, one of the kids covered what I thought was a mirror. Perhaps it was a window and I processed it wrong, but I could swear it was a mirror. Why would he cover a mirror?

I don't remember seeing Stalin in the film but he might have been in there. It happened so quick. I believe I remember seeing Churchill but something seemed off about him. Same with Roosevelt. As if they were body doubles. If so, then the films are fake, but to what end? Both the Japs and the Germs seem to want their distribution squashed.

I don't believe fake victory films would motivate a resistance movement. There are still too many people alive from the war who'd be able to identify them as fake. So what is their true purpose and why are they so coveted?

I wish I could remember that bible verse.

An SD officer with origami skills...

The trade minister wants to know about Trudy which is revealed AFTER he tells Juliana where she is buried. If a man of the stature knows info about where her body is, how could he not know about her already. I can't imagine he just happened to recognize the name and the only thing he knows is that she's buried in a death pit. It's a singular detail I don't believe he'd concern himself about without fuller knowledge. Hence, when Juliana brought her up, it roused him. So he through her off track by sending her to the death pit so he could do more investigating without her interference.

But why would anything Juliana says rouse his interest? Perhaps he might have quickly assumed that the necklace is hers. After all, she did take off running when she saw it. Plus, she may have other tells, like the one she spoke about the German officer touching his neck. Tagomi also knows aikido and reads her like a book!

Speaking of books, turns out the oracle is a book, or so it would seem. More matrix shit. The German guy that got arrested, wasn't he taking pills? Red pills? Blue pills?
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-18, 01:20 AM   #22
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
So the pivotal bit of evidence in this ep seems to be the Trudy sighting. If she is alive, what did we see at the death pit? If it was a havid, why were we shown it?

I kinda feel like we're in the matrix.
Hmmmmm.

vonnegut is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-18, 01:24 AM   #23
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Some of these either I don't know or they would be spoilers, but--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
Why didn't Kido kill Frink for being Jewish? Isn't killing Jews a German mandate? Is there a percentage rule?
The German-controlled states would kill Frink.
The Japanese-controlled states CAN if they want to, but they don't HAVE to. They aren't Nazis, after all, and they aren't that concerned about Jews, not as much as the Nazis are. So, while Kido could gas a family for being Jewish and get in no trouble over it, the Japanese aren't, like, zealots.

Quote:

When the Jewish family said their prayer, one of the kids covered what I thought was a mirror. Perhaps it was a window and I processed it wrong, but I could swear it was a mirror. Why would he cover a mirror?
I think that was after the funeral for Frink's sister and her kids?
Jewish people cover mirrors during any period of mourning.

Quote:

I don't remember seeing Stalin in the film but he might have been in there. It happened so quick. I believe I remember seeing Churchill but something seemed off about him. Same with Roosevelt. As if they were body doubles. If so, then the films are fake, but to what end? Both the Japs and the Germs seem to want their distribution squashed.
I love that you're paying attention to the films.

Quote:

I don't believe fake victory films would motivate a resistance movement. There are still too many people alive from the war who'd be able to identify them as fake. So what is their true purpose and why are they so coveted?
GOOD QUESTION. Like, it took me a while-- about to the point where you are now-- to start asking myself that question.

Old 01-17-18, 01:25 AM   #24
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

By the way, admit it, by now you think Kido is great.
Because he is.

His face never fails to completely crack me. That little not-smile smile. SO UPTIGHT.

Old 01-17-18, 03:06 AM   #25
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Eps 8 & 9 watched.

WTF!

Kido has most certainly perfected the sneer.

Those stick things, they're the oracle. It's not a book. Does Tagomi need certain flowers to make them?

Finally got to see another film. Joe Blake is a Nazi army guy. Frank is shot in the back of the head. So is Rudolph. Rudolph is a Jew, to some degree! Why did I not pick up on that before! Dammit!

Cities are blown up by the bomb.

Rod Serling appears and delivers an apropos axiom.

Too much to decipher. Overwhelmed with clues and evidence that I simply cannot seam together. I fear the answer may be too fantastical for my liking.

I do however wonder if certain inconsistencies are intentional, like travel time. I still tend to believe it's all just poor direction but if there's some alternate universe shit going on then anything's possible.

Season finale, here I come.
Old 01-17-18, 03:40 AM   #26
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

I AM EXCITED.

Old 01-17-18, 03:41 AM   #27
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Old 01-17-18, 05:15 AM   #28
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

S1 done.

Tagomi concentrates real hard and finds himself in 1961/2 San Francisco. Okayyyyy.

One of the theories that had been bouncing around in my head since the underling said he is from Nagasaki is that all of these people died during the war and this is some sort of purgatory, like the old movie Between Two Worlds.What you do in this purgatory determines your ultimate fate/destiny. Tagomi's fate seems to be that his life has been restored.

The man in the high castle is supposedly Hitler. Too many thoughts on this to try and quickly organize into something coherent but I'll try.

So many people died in such a short period of time that a great many of them ended up in this purgatory together. The masterminds who had lost the war are there. The masterminds who won the war are not. Hence, by default, the defeated have assumed control. Hitler says destiny is in the hands of a few men. He's one of them and he knows what's going on. He may be one of the ones who has written the purgatory version of historical events for the masses to believe. He enjoys watching those films because he they are part of his true history.

There may be people from other eras in this purgatory, but it is what it is for now. Eventually everyone moves on to their final destiny.

Seems that those who favor a balance of power and no more war are the good guys, like Tagomi and Kido and have a shoot at redemption.

Where are the films coming from though? Is Hitler really the man in the high castle? If so, what does that say about the resistance movement? There's a flaw in my theory somewhere. Have they all just been duped? After all, they're discouraged from watching the films.

Did Tagomi ever find out anything about Trudy? Did Trudy get a second shot at redemption?

Am I not even close to wtf is going on here? Madness!
Old 01-17-18, 05:17 AM   #29
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

This is exactly as much fun as I thought it would be.

Old 01-17-18, 05:18 AM   #30
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

And yes, you can't have a theory without the answer to that question you asked...

What is the true purpose of the films, and why are they coveted?

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »