Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Grimm > Grimm - NBC Friday, Season 6 Discussion Thread

Old 02-14-17, 11:22 AM   #41
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

Re: Grimm - NBC Friday, Season 6 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Looking at future episodes, the next to last is titled "Zerstörer Shrugged". This is hte March 24 episode. Zerstörer is Destroyer in German. IT is also a play on Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", in which Atlas stops holding hte world up, figuratively leading to societal collapse. Perhaps the Destroyer shrugging leads to the collapse of Black Claw and order is restored?

Just a guess, but I could see something like that happening, giving a more happy ever after vibe.
Holey moley
Old 02-17-17, 12:16 PM   #42
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Grimm Season 6 discussion thread

Grimm -- The Final Chapter

S06E07 - "Blind Love"
Friday - February 17, 2017
NBC - 8/7c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

"Rosalee surprises Monroe with a getaway for his birthday and invites most of the gang to join them. Things take a shocking turn, though, when a hotel employee targets Nick in an effort to avenge his father. Meanwhile, Eve gets a visit from a dark force that she has seen before; and Capt. Renard's weekend with Diana is interrupted when a former ally decides to get even." Source
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-17, 02:39 PM   #43
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

OMG

Hank made me laugh out loud every time he was looking in that mirror.

I wondered why Renard didn't rush off to rescue Diana, but then I knew why. She could handle herself. That guy will not bother Renard again. Diana needs to start mentally maturing. She really seems like a 3 year old, which she probably is except her body matured a lot quicker than her emotions.

That potion, eww, the noise and the visual were gross, but the effects were absolutely hilarious. It would be nice for Wu to explain himself to that waitress, Holly. Poor girl. And Wu needs a love interest beyond his cat. LOL

That image Eve saw in the mirror. Hmm Zerstörer???
What do you think?
Old 02-21-17, 08:37 PM   #44
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

That was a fund change of pace episode. And Hank was the best for sure.

I think you are on to something 9mile. Eve is the one who saw the other side. That stick has power, but it obviously comes at a price, and the price might be a portal to where the Zerstorer is. That could be it and they need to research it with the books, since it has happened before. If they were able to map the day when it was to happen, they had to also give some tips on how to defeat it.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 07:11 PM   #45
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Hank made me laugh out loud every time he was looking in that mirror.
Everybody was good at their lovesick selves but Hank was priceless! OMG!

Quote:
I wondered why Renard didn't rush off to rescue Diana, but then I knew why.
At first I thought it might have something to do with the bushes that were delivered but then when they showed Diana "playing", I know. And she asked if she could have another play date with the guy!!!!!

Quote:
That image Eve saw in the mirror. Hmm Zerstörer???
What do you think?
Quote:
I think you are on to something 9mile. Eve is the one who saw the other side. That stick has power, but it obviously comes at a price, and the price might be a portal to where the Zerstorer is. That could be it and they need to research it with the books, since it has happened before. If they were able to map the day when it was to happen, they had to also give some tips on how to defeat it.
I'm thinking that the more the stick is used, the easier it is for Zerstorer to come through. Remember the night that entire Wesen police precinct came for Nick? He died repeatedly and was injured and the stick kept healing him and bringing him back -- over and over again.

And I think you're right -- he's come through or almost made it through before. That's why the Grimms buried it and wanted to keep it gone forever.

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 02-22-17, 11:11 PM   #46
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
I'm thinking that the more the stick is used, the easier it is for Zerstorer to come through. Remember the night that entire Wesen police precinct came for Nick? He died repeatedly and was injured and the stick kept healing him and bringing him back -- over and over again.

And I think you're right -- he's come through or almost made it through before. That's why the Grimms buried it and wanted to keep it gone forever.
So the stick is intimately connected to death. The healing aspect of it happens because, as a side effect of stopping death. Because all injury could lead to death? Monroe's bite was seriously infected and was it going to cause his death?

The more the stick stops death....... the more a stairway to the other side is opened. A causeway between life and death that something could go through if it was large enough. Just thinking out loud with some help from Sandi.

And that is why the grimms buried it to keep this something out of the real world.

But has it been only Eve who is experiencing that demon so far? I wonder why?
Old 02-22-17, 11:19 PM   #47
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

I think because Eve got pulled to the other side in that death grip. So she has seen it, and knows about it, so is the easiest way to access the portal right now. Just a guess.

I think the stick is gonna get buried again soon. With a new map.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 11:32 PM   #48
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
I think because Eve got pulled to the other side in that death grip. So she has seen it, and knows about it, so is the easiest way to access the portal right now. Just a guess.

I think the stick is gonna get buried again soon. With a new map.
Well let's hope they use language that everyone can understand -- like -- Gateway to Hell -- Don't Open It!

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 02-23-17, 10:25 AM   #49
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Well let's hope they use language that everyone can understand -- like -- Gateway to Hell -- Don't Open It!
Yes
And that it's not just a black hole at the end of a river that goes through a tunnel.

I read that TPTB of Grimm are saying the ending will be ...... like a fairly tale ending because that is what the show has been based on since its inception. Fairy tales. It's gone so far past that idea now, but the MoW or WoW are the only hold outs to that idea.

Remember when it premiered? Along with OUAT, it was the other fairy tale show. This one has held my attention. I would love to see it continue after this season, too. Their takes and twists on the tales and their use of foreign tales as well has been very interesting. It has taught us about the Aswang, and the chupacabra and la Llorana because I didn't know those mythological creatures. Interweaving folklore and grimmlore (??) made great tales. Then they created so many new monsters beyond Frankenstein, Dracula and the Creature. Naming those monsters using German word combinations excited my ancestry and need to learn more Deutsch.
Old 02-23-17, 10:42 AM   #50
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I read that TPTB of Grimm are saying the ending will be ...... like a fairly tale ending because that is what the show has been based on since its inception.
I have always loved fairy tales an that's what captured my initial interest as well.

My mother would read a fairy tale to us at bed time. She had this great big book with a leather cover and wonderful illustrations filled with tales. I loved it! Later, when I could read, I asked for and received a fairy tale book. I think it was called -- Fifty Famous Fairy Tales but I'm not sure. I loved that book and read it over and over again until it fell apart. (It wasn't as nice as the one my mother read from.)

So, if the Grimm ending holds true to fairy tales --- we'll see a happy ending for Nick (the hero) and the bad guys will get their due. I can hardly wait.

Quote:
Their takes and twists on the tales and their use of foreign tales as well has been very interesting. It has taught us about the Aswang, and the chupacabra and la Llorana because I didn't know those mythological creatures. Interweaving folklore and grimmlore (??) made great tales.
I totally agree with you! They really did make an interesting series and I am so glad I've been a fan since the beginning.

Grimm -- The Final Chapter

S06E08 - "The Son Also Rises"
Friday - February 24, 2017
NBC - 8/7c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

"Deadly attacks on a team of scientists lead Nick (David Giuntoli), Hank (Russell Hornsby) and Wu (Reggie Lee) on an investigation unlike any they have had before. Meanwhile, as the research continues into the origins of the cloth, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) learn that Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) is still feeling the after effects of the death grip. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) reaches out to an old friend to get answers to the origins of the symbols drawn by Diana." Source

Last edited by sandi; 03-03-17 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Inserted Episode Separator
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Grimm »