Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-20-17, 06:01 PM   #1
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday

Twin Peaks -- 2 Hour Premiere This Sunday
S0101/S0102 -- "The Return: Parts 1 & 2"
Sunday, May 21, 2017 @ 9/8c
on Showtime

About
More:
"Directed entirely by David Lynch, the new SHOWTIME 18-part limited event series picks up 25 years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town were stunned when their homecoming queen Laura Palmer was shockingly murdered. TWIN PEAKS is written and executive produced by series creators David Lynch and Mark Frost, and is executive produced by Sabrina S. Sutherland." Source

Original Series Viewing Availability
More:
Seasons 1 and 2 are available now on Netflix.
Seasons 1 and 2 -- Stream on Showtime's website (free trial offer also)
Season 2 is available on Showtime on demand. (Maybe season 1 as well.)
Prequel movie "Twin Peaks: Firewalk with Me" (made after original series) is available on Showtime on demand.

Spoiler: Cast Info and Trailers
Kyle MacLachlan reprises his role as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper. Many of the original cast will return (unknown if cameos or greater roles.) Plus many well-known actors/actresses new to Twin Peaks.

Cast Videos

Then and Now

Season 3

Spoiler: Show Trailers

Original Twin Peaks in 5 minutes

It is Happening Again

sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-20-17, 08:36 PM   #2
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Twin Peaks - Showtime Sunday (Premieres May 21)

IIRC, this was the first series that caught my attention from one week to the other.

Looking forward to the Return (notice what I did there?).
Old 05-20-17, 09:20 PM   #3
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Looking forward to the Return (notice what I did there?)
Yes. Actually quite brilliant.

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 05-23-17, 09:33 AM   #4
Vincent Lives
Arrives By Sub

Twin Peaks : The Return 2017 (Showtime)

Episodes 1-4 have been released.

Looks like it'll be 18 total.

Thoughts so far?
Vincent Lives is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-23-17, 02:39 PM   #5
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Twin Peaks : The Return 2017 (Showtime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Lives View Post
Episodes 1-4 have been released.

Looks like it'll be 18 total.

Thoughts so far?
Welcome to mymedia, Vincent Lives.

I merged your Twin Peaks thread from "other TV" with the active thread in "featured TV". ("Other TV" houses series that have ended, cancelled, non-renewed and "Featured TV" houses active series.) There's a directory in Featured TV -- easy to check before searching for existing threads. LINK

Thoughts so far -- I'm trying to rewatch the original series before watching the current. (I left the return as a new series rather than Twin Peaks season 3 -- I've see it both ways.) I didn't know whether or not the new episodes would build on anything in the past or not. (I suspect it can be enjoyed either way -- whether you've seen the original or not.) So, I haven't seen any new episodes yet -- hoping to be done with my rewatch by the weekend and hoping to see the new by Sunday. Then, I imagine, I'll have plenty of thoughts. That's just me though -- others may have started watching and I'll catch up with comments then.

Old 05-23-17, 09:50 PM   #6
Bob Sacamano
Almost Limitless Energy
Sees Walt

Highly recommend a S1/2 rewatch - I started rewatching the original earlier this year and finished up last week which was great prep for The Return. It's a continuation so we pick up where we left off - in the Black Lodge.
Old 05-23-17, 10:11 PM   #7
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Maybe I'll take you guys recommendation and rewatch S1 and S2.

Although, it was nice seeing characters from the original series (Log Lady, Deputy Hawk and Lucy) this was too hard to watch.

There wasn't a method to the madness. It was just these random scenes tied together by absolutely nothing. I actually stopped watching after an hour, because my head hurt.
Old 05-23-17, 10:57 PM   #8
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Sounds like the final 4 seasons of LOST, tbh.

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-24-17, 01:25 AM   #9
Bob Sacamano
Almost Limitless Energy
Sees Walt

There was even a black smoke monster...

Yes it was hard to watch. No one creates that sense of dread and decoherence like Lynch. But it became more coherent towards the end. I was surprised and kind of impressed that it was as Lynchian as it was - I expected it to be tamer. But there were scenes that were more intense than some of the most intense scenes from his complete body of work.
Old 05-27-17, 10:08 PM   #10
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I finished my rewatch of the original Twin Peaks episode and tv-movie. At the end the original, Agent Cooper was in the red-curtain area of either the Black Lodge or the White Lodge or maybe both -- maybe the red-curtain area is a waiting area -- I'm lost with that.

It was time for Agent Cooper to leave but not before he chased his doppelganger through many red-curtained rooms. Before he left the little man (aka Man from Another Place) told him he would see him again in 25 years but he wouldn't appear as he currently was. Laura Palmer also told Cooper she would see him in 25 years.

Cooper left and the Sheriff and Doc tended to him while he slept in his room at the Great Northern Hotel. When Cooper woke up he said he needed to brush his teeth. He goes into the bathroom and prepares his toothbrush but then he looks into the mirror and bashes his head into it. Forehead bleeding, Cooper laughs maniacally and we see that he is really Bob (just like Laura's father was Bob).

So skip forward 25 years.

Twin Peaks

We know that Ben Horne is still the owner/operator of the Great Northern Hotel and his brother Jerry is around and involved with a lot of side businesses which appear to revolve around his inventions and/or concoctions. (Ashley Judd plays Beverly Paige -- Ben Horne's new assistant.)

Dr. Jacoby
appears to be somewhat of a hermit, living in the woods. He receives a shipment of shovels and although friendly with the guy who delivered them, preferred to work by himself.

Deputy Andy Brennan married Lucy and they named their son -- Wally (I think). Wally is now 24 years old. And now we find out that Agent Dale Cooper has been missing for over 24 years (25 years most likely) as he's never seen Wally and Wally was born after Cooper went missing.

An insurance guy asked Lucy at the station for Sheriff Truman and Lucy asked which one. So we know Sheriff Truman and probably a relative (maybe his son) are around but we didn't get to see either during these first two episodes.

Laura's mother, Sarah Palmer, is still around. We find her at home, smoking and intently watching some nature program of animals hunting and eating other animals -- very graphic.

James Hurley shows up at the local nightclub with a younger guy. (The younger guy is wearing a bright green glove on one of his hands (I think it was green) -- wierd. At the same time, Shelly Johnson is sitting in a booth with 3 other women. (I didn't catch who the 3 other women were.) But James keeps looking over at the booth and someone -- maybe Shelly, said that James was in a motorcycle accident and I guess that means maybe James doesn't remember everything -- not sure.

The Log Lady calls Hawk (now Deputy Sheriff Tommy "Hawk" Hill) with a message or two from the log. The long and short of it is that the time has come for the door to open from the other place. So Hawk walks through the woods at night to the circle of sycamore trees and waits to see what happens.

Everywhere but Twin Peaks

Cooper is running with a rough crowd or I should say leading a rough gang of bad guys and he looks the part of a criminal bad guy -- long hair and all. But during the course of the first two episodes we learn this isn't Agent Cooper at all -- it's his doppelganger! This explains what we saw of Cooper at the end of the original series. It wasn't Cooper who returned from the "other place" -- it was Cooper's Doppelganger along with Bob the killer. I'm just going to call him Cooper Bob until somebody else comes up with a better name.

We see a very strange crime scene -- A neighbor of Ruth Davenport's calls the police because she notices a very bad smell coming from Ruth's apartment. The police find Ruth in bed, dead. Her left eye is gauged out -- very gruesome. The police pull back the covers and find that it's only Ruth's head on the pillow and there's a headless man's corpse under the covers. They wind up arresting the local high school principal, William Hastings, as his fingerprints were all over the crime scene. Hastings' wife, Phyllis, sure appeared to be a cold fish when he was arrested. Hastings told her to call their lawyer, George.

The police question Hastings and he claims innocence, saying he was never in the apartment. Later we find out that Hastings was having an affair with Ruth Davenport -- but he didn't kill her. (The police don't know that though and most likely, Hastings will be spending the rest of his life in prison for her murder.) It looks like Ruth was murdered by Hastings' wife, Phyllis and her lover, George. Phyllis returns home from the police station and there's Cooper Bob waiting for her. They know each other and he commends her on being a rotten person and doing what he expected her to do. Then he shoots her dead.

Now, I'm uncertain about what really happened with the murder. I'm thinking maybe Cooper Bob & Co. did the killing and perhaps was hired by Phyllis and George. I'm not sure.

Cooper Bob's associates have been paid off by someone (we don't know who yet) to kill him. But he manages to take them out before they can kill him. There is one guy though (and I can't remember his name) who is still at large. So, I'm thinking Cooper Bob will be hunting him down -- not only to kill him but to find out who paid them to kill him.

New York City (I think)
A young man sits in a room, watching a glass cage. There are numerous cameras trained on the cage, continuously recording. A timer goes off and the young man gets up and changes the memory card. He records the time on the card he removed and placed it in a file cabinet with slots for memory cards (many of them filled).

The young man is told (over the inter com) that he has a delivery. He exits the secured room into a small chamber. There's a guard at a desk and a young woman (with coffee) standing just outside and old-time elevator. They know each other (not intimately yet). She tries to get him to let her in the room with him but both he and the guard won't let her. Then she tries to see his code he enters on the keypad. He leaves her behind and goes back into the secured room.

Another day -- the young changes one of the cards and again hears the elevator machinery, but nothing over the inter com. He exits the secured room and doesn't see the guard at all, but the same girl is there with two coffees. This time he does let her in and the two of them sit on the sofa facing the empty glass cage. They begin making out and with their backs to the glass cage are unaware of anything happening with it. When they finally do turn around, there's something in the cage and it breaks through the glass and rips both of them to shreds.

And before I forget -- there was someone who mentioned meeting with Garland Briggs -- I can't remember now who it was -- but what reminded me of it was the idea of who or what had the resources to create and maintain the glass cage and the protocols associated with it. I thought right away -- the governement and based on what happened -- I think it was the government and Garland Briggs is involved some way (IMO).

Another Place

This is the red-curtained areas. Special Agent Dale Cooper (groomed and wearing a suit) is seated in a chair. Opposite from him, sits another man -- the one armed man -- Mike. You might remember him as Phillip Gerard, the shoe salesman. But he was really Mike and back in the day, ran with Bob -- killing and creating mayhem. But Mike had an epiphany of sorts and didn't want to kill anymore (although when he was Bob, the urge was great). I believe he ripped off his arm so he would no longer kill or something like that.

Anyway, Mike asks Agent Cooper if this is the past or the future. It's at this point I thought -- what happened to the present? So, I think, everything that has been happening elsewhere (including Twin Peaks) is leading up to a future point in time where Agent Cooper is. (So, it looks like Agent Cooper has been in "Another Place" for 25 years while his doppelganger ran amok in his place.)

Then Laura Palmer appears but it turns out she's not just Laura Palmer (because her arms still bend backwards at times) but she's also the little "man from another place" who told Cooper he would see him again in 25 years but not as himself. Laura kisses Agent Cooper and then whispers something in his ear. Then Laura is "whooshed" away. I don't know how else to describe that but if you see it, you'll know what I mean.

Mike tells Agent Cooper it's time for him to go, but Cooper is having a hard time finding the way out. They come upon one of the red-curtained rooms which has a tree (no leaves). Toward the top of one of the limbs is a glowing mass. Turns out it's Mike's arm (and it has developed or grown or taking the shape of a leafless sapling.)

Mike says something is not right but he and Cooper continue through the rooms. (Something I forgot -- Agent Cooper can't leave until his doppelganger, Cooper Bob returns. I think that's supposed to happen automatically when Cooper Bob gets within proximity to the open doorway to the "Another Place". And Cooper Bob know this and doesn't want to go back.)

Agent Cooper draws aside some red curtains and suddenly sees the outdoors. He's above a highway that Cooper Bob is driving along. Suddenly Mike's arm's doppelganger appears and starts fighting with Agent Cooper. The floor beneath Agent Cooper begins to move. Then Agent Cooper is thrown down into the opening into "non-existance" or nothingness -- I forget what it was called.

Agent Cooper falls through the nothingness but he's pulled into --- the glass cage in that room in New York. That young man and girl are making out on the couch with their backs to him and don't see him. Then Agent Cooper is propelled upward the way he came. But something else comes through to the glass cage and it breaks through the glass and slices up the young couple. I think that something else was Mike's arm's doppelganger.

So, I don't know if I got any of that right. What does everyone else think?

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »