Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Art & Literature > Literature General Discussion > Ness' Sandman First Read

Literature General Discussion A space to talk about your favorite books, series and authors.

Old 06-18-17, 03:59 AM   #71
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Re: Ness' Sandman First Read

Well, yeah... DUH! no spoilers for YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-17, 05:06 AM   #72
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Picked up volumes 5 and 7-10 from the library. Also picked up Death.

Read the first 2 episodes of volume 4. Through episode one I kept thinking what a dumbass Morpheus is, then got completely surprised by Lucifer closing hell. I'm sure Lucifer must have more up his sleeve than this...

One thing I love is Death not being afraid to verbally slap some sense into Morpheus, again.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-17, 05:21 AM   #73
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

She is his older sister, after all.
Quote:
Mo, I you
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

Old 06-18-17, 05:47 PM   #74
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Finished another episode... the envoys have arrived in the dreaming. I'm kinda digging Order and Chaos as characters so far.

Morpheus is so emo it's comical.

Is this the first time Deaths appearance is changing, or just the first time I'm noticing it? She seemed much more... intense...
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-17, 06:59 PM   #75
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I think she wants Dream to appreciate the gravity of the situation. You might not even realize it yourself yet, but just try to imagine it. All the most powerful and all the most desperate entities in the multiverse want what you have. Every one of them that walks away disappointed is likely to walk away an enemy. They're in The Dreaming so letting them settle it Royal Rumble style is out of the question unless you happen to feel like spending a few aeons straightening up afterwards. Very few would even consider the notion of "sharing," and those who would even consider it would also consider it a grave insult.

It's a very thorny situation. Dream acts like he already knows how to handle all of it without breaking a nail, but if he does, he's not letting Death in on it. She's frustrated and scared because either he doesn't realize the importance of the quandry into which he's been placed, or he's keeping something back from her, which isn't really like him. She's usually the one that he can open up to without either: fear of it being used against him (Desire, Despair), useless platitudes (Destiny), useless rambling (Delirium), or silence (Destruction). He can't turn outside the family, because everybody has an angle, hell even Bast would try to chisel something out of it, and the residents of the Dreaming are unlikely to have useful insight.

If i were Death, i'd be mighty peeved at his smug bony ass too.
Quote:
Mo, I you

Old 06-19-17, 12:24 PM   #76
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I think she wants Dream to appreciate the gravity of the situation. You might not even realize it yourself yet, but just try to imagine it. All the most powerful and all the most desperate entities in the multiverse want what you have. Every one of them that walks away disappointed is likely to walk away an enemy. They're in The Dreaming so letting them settle it Royal Rumble style is out of the question unless you happen to feel like spending a few aeons straightening up afterwards. Very few would even consider the notion of "sharing," and those who would even consider it would also consider it a grave insult.

It's a very thorny situation. Dream acts like he already knows how to handle all of it without breaking a nail, but if he does, he's not letting Death in on it. She's frustrated and scared because either he doesn't realize the importance of the quandry into which he's been placed, or he's keeping something back from her, which isn't really like him. She's usually the one that he can open up to without either: fear of it being used against him (Desire, Despair), useless platitudes (Destiny), useless rambling (Delirium), or silence (Destruction). He can't turn outside the family, because everybody has an angle, hell even Bast would try to chisel something out of it, and the residents of the Dreaming are unlikely to have useful insight.

If i were Death, i'd be mighty peeved at his smug bony ass too.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-17, 04:03 AM   #77
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

Finished volume 4. I rather enjoyed God stepping in and taking over and the subsequent angelic temper tantrum.

I'm a little surprised that Morpheus decided to let Loki go free... all in all so far Morpheus has been rather boring and predictable. I'm hoping this is where that starts to change.

Oh, also Nada bitch slapping him was freaking great.
Old 06-20-17, 06:21 AM   #78
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Spoiler: minor character spoiler
You ain't seen the last of Remiel. OhHell no. *does hoochy finger waye*

As for Loki, it wasn't really up to Dream. I mean, in a very formal sense, it is up to him, but in that very same sense, it was up to him to make the ruling that he did. The Old Gods have passed into story and myth and legend, so they are his, but they went in observing their own customs.

Nada slapping Morpheus was possibly the single greatest moment for each of those characters, for amazingly different reasons.
Quote:
Mo, I you

Last edited by Mr Mo; 06-20-17 at 06:42 AM. Reason: i missed a sngle leter, honist!
Old 06-24-17, 03:34 PM   #79
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Mo, I you

Old 06-25-17, 10:20 PM   #80
Ness
Tudel Agitaxatel
Sees Walt

lol Sorry, I've been occupied with other things. I read Death: The High Cost of Living. It was alright, cute story. But it didn't wow me the way Sandman does. I think it's missing the darkness of Sandman that I really enjoy, which is odd since it follows Death and Sandman only follows Dream.

I'm 2 or 3 chapters into volume 5 of Sandman. Thessaly came out of friggin left field lmao. One minute Hazel is talking about how "vanilla" she is. The next she's slicing faces off of dead bodies and commanding the damn moon. I don't yet understand y'alls love for Matthew, but Thessaly... She's effing amazing. I love her. "Barbie? Oh yeah, we can save her too, but I'm more interested in f*ing up the people that had the gall to try to hurt me" WINNING.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Art & Literature > Literature General Discussion »