Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Sinner - USA Wednesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-17-17, 09:16 PM   #31
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

Re: The Sinner - USA Wednesday

I have watched thru episode 5. Really like this show. Glad to see her husband has stepped up since I last posted. I have not read the comments here past episode 5.

I had no idea Jessica Biel could act to this degree. Effortless and not over the top and she owns it.

Cant stand the new lady cop. I wish she would just go away.

This is pure guessing on my part. Possibly Frankie was the dude wearing the mask . Maybe Mattie was the one whose sternum was crushed with a mans foot that Cora saw in her therapy flashback, because Mattie tried to help Cora escape. Although, the bones would show that and I didnt pay enough attention to the bones .

Hodge, I think Cora was missing for 2 months. Her Mother is cray cray. Her Father is not much better for allowing that crap to go on when the girls were growing up. I dont believe Cora was molested by her Father after seeing him go to the neighbors house for sex. I am hoping Cora comes out of this without jail time, but she stupidly pleaded guilty so I am not sure how that can happen.

JD is portrayed by the actor Jacob Pitts . Jacob Pitts was in Justified (Tim) and he was clean cut and a good person and very likable. I have been having a somewhat hard time adjusting to Jacob Pitts portraying the POS that JD is.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-17, 08:46 PM   #32
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
...Woah, what a crazy episode. Didn't go down at all how I thought it might. Frankie was having sex with Phoebe when she died? That really wasn't his fault at all, and Cora obviously let her guilt take over. Subconsciously blamed herself and took it out on Frankie when the music triggered the memory of Phoebe dying. Poor Frankie. Seemed like a decent guy...
Well, when I realized it was the "same" Frankie who Cora killed, I tipped my hat to you, Lawboy. You've said all along you thought Frankie was somehow involved.

Now I agree, I didn't expect it to be him sleeping with Phoebe, and I agree with you again, it wasn't his fault. Although, you could see how sick Phoebe was by just looking at her. She even told him she was dying. Now, he probably didn't believe her, he was obviously thinking with the "wrong" head, so again, I don't blame him.

Lawboy, you were right one more time, when Frankie realized who was stabbing him, he felt he deserved it, and stopped resisting. Not sure I'd be that big of a man.

Quote:
...The questions to be answered still:

How did Phoebe get home, or what did they do with her body after she died? I thought her parents said she died a month after Cora left, or was that her funeral?
This is what I was trying to understand.

Plus, we heard Phoebe's sternum crack while Frankie was trying revive her. So, I'm with you, her parents saying Phoebe died after Cora left is confusing.

Plus, after the incident at the club, I assumed it was Phoebe who was buried near the school bus. Who in the HELL was that? Maddie?

Quote:
...Why was Cora then missing for 2 months? She was obviously in a dissociative state, but two months, drugged out(supposedly--can't trust her memory now). Man, what a mess this was...
Lawboy, do you remember during one of Cora's repressed memories, she's hiding underneath a bed? The guy in the mask finds her under this same bed.

After Cora hits JD, he in turn hits her with an ashtray. Is that when they decide to keep Cora incommunicado for those two months. She was supposedly drugged and/or sedated for that whole time.

Quote:
...Wasn't the business associate guy who ended up being the guy having sex with Cora also the attorney for the club and for JD? That guy is a piece of work...
When we first met this guy I knew JD was going to set it up so he'd have sex with Cora. That's probably part of what JD does for the membership.

Remember when Maddie said, "I've done everything you've asked of me." She probably slept with this guy too.

Quote:
...Still a crazy finish is coming. And now that JD is also dead, the last big bad left is Tod? Frankie and JD are dead from that night. Who else had something to hide?
It's got to be Todd and the guy in the mask.

Todd has everything to loose, so killing JD wasn't a problem. And, as you mention, Frankie's dead as well.

If anyone finds out Todd was involved with the death of Phoebe and the abduction of Cora, he's fried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ricksters View Post
...I had no idea Jessica Biel could act to this degree. Effortless and not over the top and she owns it...
Yeah, I mention in a previous post what a great job she's doing with this role.

She's also an Executive Producer of the mini-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ricksters View Post
...This is pure guessing on my part. Possibly Frankie was the dude wearing the mask . Maybe Mattie was the one whose sternum was crushed with a mans foot that Cora saw in her therapy flashback, because Mattie tried to help Cora escape. Although, the bones would show that and I didnt pay enough attention to the bones...
Make sure to finish the series. You won't believe what happened.

Don't forget, the finale airs this Wednesday (09/20/17). So, both Lawboy and I don't actually know how it ends. But, I've got quit a few ideas.
Old 09-19-17, 11:21 AM   #33
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I don't have a clue, either, Hodge, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Bill Pullman's character is tied into all this in more than the obvious ways.

____

And as for praise for Jessica Biel, i haven't heard a word i would argue with but i'll add that not only are the hair&makeup people working it right, her body language and facial tone are the perfect complements.

I'd give the writing a B/B+ (which is a relatively generous score from from me) but the visual aspects of this show have all been top-notch imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-19-17, 07:23 PM   #34
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
I don't have a clue, either, Hodge, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Bill Pullman's character is tied into all this in more than the obvious ways...
You know, the only other person we've seen on a semi-basis is the female deputy.

Remember, she had an affair with Cora's husband, Mason. As a matter of fact, she was upset with him because of how he put her to the side.

Would she be enough to get back at him thru torturing her?
Old 09-20-17, 01:38 AM   #35
The Ricksters
Seeks Rescue

I am caught up. Episode 7 WOW So good. Lots of surprises.

So working off some of ya alls guesses and theories here is what I have decided. Cora had a head injury , they were treating that, and after trying to erase her memory of what happened to her sister. Didnt Frankie say he was a medical student or something like that. So, I still think Frankie is behind the mask and treating her medically and not well by the look of her arms. He appeared to be in scrubs and is using the mask so she doesnt see his face again . I dont believe she was raped , she was drugged to forget the accidental murder of her sister. She was dropped off at the dumpster in clean clothes and was in good shape physically. Or there were no drugs at all (heroine) . Her arms could of been messed up just from IVs. JD and the other dude probably would have been fine killing Cora to cover up the accidental murder of the sister, but Frankie couldnt have that happen and went to extremes to erase Cora's memories of that night.

OR I AM COMPLETELY WRONG.

Sure doesnt explain a funeral for Phoebe though. Her Mom said Phoebe died 2 days after Cora left. But, like you can believe anything that crazy lady says.

Hodge, if I remember correctly the sex between Mason and the cop was when they were much younger , like High School or very young adult and long before he met Cora.

Looking forward to the last episode tomorrow.
The Ricksters is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-17, 12:48 AM   #36
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Series Finale

The Sinnner
S01E08 "Part VIII"
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 @ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Preview

"In the series finale, Cora's fate is determined." Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-17, 03:41 AM   #37
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

HMoG! I didn't see the end coming down the pike.

I'll hold off on details to give everyone a chance to view the series finale.
Old 09-22-17, 08:01 PM   #38
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

So, that finale....

I will say that the final outcome made sense. Cora did kill Frankie, deserved some time for it. Treatment is what she really needed, so I liked that angle. She has issues, and needs help for them, not just prison walls.

And they got some interesting emotional angles in the finale as well--Cora apologizing to Frankie's parents. That was great once the big reveal happened. They knew her, she didn't know them. What they did to her ultimately led to their own sons death in a way. Tragic irony.

My favorite part still is the unreliable narrator stuff. How things got blended together, then unblended to show the real story. I thought the last 2 episodes did a great job unwinding the story and shower clearer focus.

The other interesting thing is that of the people there that night, only 2 survived. Cora and Frankie's dad. The rest are dead.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-17, 09:01 PM   #39
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...I will say that the final outcome made sense...
Lawboy, I said the same thing.

We'd seen the parents throughout the series, and in the end, the outcome made perfect sense. Great minds think alike!

Quote:
...Cora did kill Frankie, deserved some time for it. Treatment is what she really needed, so I liked that angle. She has issues, and needs help for them, not just prison walls...
I totally agree.

But, what I found ironic, Frankie's father will definitely spend some time behind bars and possibly his mother.

Did the series give the impression, in the form of an epilogue, she'd served her two years and was being let out? I thought I heard something like that.

Quote:
...And they got some interesting emotional angles in the finale as well--Cora apologizing to Frankie's parents. That was great once the big reveal happened. They knew her, she didn't know them. What they did to her ultimately led to their own sons death in a way...
That was touching, especially since she'd just seen her son. "You were just trying to protect your son."

What I found strange was Frankie's parents initially sitting in court, knowing exactly what actually happened. And, how they were involved.

During that time, I'd also be curious whether they felt any culpability in their son's death.

Quote:
...My favorite part still is the unreliable narrator stuff. How things got blended together, then unblended to show the real story. I thought the last 2 episodes did a great job unwinding the story and shower clearer focus...
I know exactly what you mean.

I'd struggled throughout the episodes with the completeness of her memories. I was just hoping this whole thing wasn't a way to enact revenge under the guise of memory loss.

This "unreliable narrator", through the female police officer, also gave us the reason for JD's death. Some kind of drug deal gone bad. And, you know what, I can accept that reasoning. I was hoping the individual involved was just cleaning up loose ends.

Speaking of the individual involved. JD was blackmailing Frankie's father for his prescription pad and license, right? That's what the two drug guys were trying to keep silent?

What's your take on Maddie? Was that her child who was supposedly killed from her walking in front of a car? In other words...was that JD's son?

Quote:
...The other interesting thing is that of the people there that night, only 2 survived. Cora and Frankie's dad. The rest are dead.
Don't forget Maddie!

Also, loved the way Cora finally told her mother about that night. Also, that she felt free(er) now than she ever did at home.
Old 09-23-17, 08:05 PM   #40
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

So I didn't comment until now because I didn't want to rain on anyones parade - because I really dislike Biel. Since Seventh Heaven. I have no idea why, maybe she reminds me of a girl who said something mean to me in kindergarten! So I assumed it would affect how I watched this, if I even stuck with it.

Well I stuck with it because it was riveting and really well done! I did dislike her, but I think it kind of fit with how the story developed, and she did do a phenomenal job.

They managed to pull off a surprise twist ending, without doing the random-suspect-comes-out-of-nowhere trick, and having Frankie's parents play that role made sense and added to the drama of everything that happened. And they managed about as happy an ending as you can in a story like that without it being saccharine. So many characters whose guilt in the tragedy was caused by their own victimhood, irony everywhere! To me, Cora's mom and JD are really the only major characters who were full-on "bad guys".

Quote:

My favorite part still is the unreliable narrator stuff. How things got blended together, then unblended to show the real story. I thought the last 2 episodes did a great job unwinding the story and shower clearer focus.
I have a love-hate relationship with the unreliable narrator (I think some shows take advantage of it to ignore any responsibility to tell a coherent story), and I agree they made awesome use of it. As Cora's memories developed, especially when we see Phoebe replace Maddie, it was one aha moment after the other.

I hope the folks involved in making this one have other stories to tell!
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »