Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Art & Literature > Literature General Discussion > Warty's Sandman FR - The Kindly Ones

Literature General Discussion A space to talk about your favorite books, series and authors.

Old Today, 01:23 AM   #681
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1
Re: Warty's Sandman FR - The Kindly Ones

Part 2

As Lyta sits shocked, she is contrasted by the smiling happy faces of Daniel's toys. On the TV, the news plays the tragic story of Vonda and Harvey, who met the fate the Piano playing Lucifer predicted.

I am not sure she can tell the police that Morpheus said he would come for Daniel one day, so I assume she will have to search for his abductor(s) on her own. The Cops look like characters from Dick Tracy. He keeps saying ma'am like Joe Friday.

The kidnapping doesn't seem like something Dream would do. Seems far more sinister. Two-Face got me thinking about characters that can disguise themselves. I'm also thinking about characters that should be returning to the story like Loki. I'm still working on motivations. Something def up though.. she hasn't been out in forever and then the very night she leaves this happens, so it would seem someone who knew she was out is involved. I'm not sure that knowledge came from a simple stake-out either.

I am shocked that there isn't more suspicion thrown towards Carla here.

We find out what happens when you snoop around Dream's house. You vomit up the Baratheon sigil. What is that faerie up to?
Faerie can assume glamours... Are the faerie involved... or a faerie? Nuala seems like she wants Morpheus to refuse to let her go.

Talking to the Furies in the basement of her lucid dreams, we are reminded that the Maiden, Mother, and Crone are really 3 aspects of 1. The furies indicate Daniel was kidnapped by "those" she has already met,
so plural.

Subtle, but I like that Carla makes coffee because it's what her mother used to do when there was a crisis. It's just an automatic reflex routine. She does what she's supposed to do... lol and then she mentions the cops were rejects from Dragnet.

Looking for Morpheus, Nuala and Drunk stumble across Ruthven.. The Ruthven I remember is Sykes.

They find the Dream Lord, and again Nuala seems to want to stay, and he seems to be genuinely fond of her. Fairy gifts are double edged swords.. I sort of hope Cluracan's
nemesis rips his gut open at some point.

Sad Nuala makes Warty sad. This was such a sad scene. Morpheus is trying so hard to do what is right by Nuala, but he still just doesn't quite understand people. He can't read the expression... nor grasp the subtle nuance of expression in others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't create your own storm and then complain about the rain.

Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Today, 02:18 AM   #682
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
Part 2

As Lyta sits shocked, she is contrasted by the smiling happy faces of Daniel's toys. On the TV, the news plays the tragic story of Vonda and Harvey, who met the fate the Piano playing Lucifer predicted.

I am not sure she can tell the police that Morpheus said he would come for Daniel one day, so I assume she will have to search for his abductor(s) on her own. The Cops look like characters from Dick Tracy. He keeps saying ma'am like Joe Friday.
Yeah, "the immortal embodiment of Dreams who lives in the Dreamworld told me that he was going to steal my baby" may not come off well with the police.

Quote:

The kidnapping doesn't seem like something Dream would do. Seems far more sinister. Two-Face got me thinking about characters that can disguise themselves. I'm also thinking about characters that should be returning to the story like Loki. I'm still working on motivations. Something def up though.. she hasn't been out in forever and then the very night she leaves this happens, so it would seem someone who knew she was out is involved. I'm not sure that knowledge came from a simple stake-out either.
Definitely think of all loose ends that the story has not tied up yet. There are plenty.

Quote:

I am shocked that there isn't more suspicion thrown towards Carla here.

We find out what happens when you snoop around Dream's house. You vomit up the Baratheon sigil. What is that faerie up to?
Faerie can assume glamours... Are the faerie involved... or a faerie? Nuala seems like she wants Morpheus to refuse to let her go.
LMFAO vomit up the Baratheon sigil. Cluracan went and got himself a nemesis.

I think Nuala absolutely does not want Morpheus to let her go.

Quote:

Talking to the Furies in the basement of her lucid dreams, we are reminded that the Maiden, Mother, and Crone are really 3 aspects of 1. The furies indicate Daniel was kidnapped by "those" she has already met,
so plural.

Subtle, but I like that Carla makes coffee because it's what her mother used to do when there was a crisis. It's just an automatic reflex routine. She does what she's supposed to do...
The Furies / Fates / Kindly Ones... what are they aspects of, though?

And I think Gaiman was prob thinking about tea, but then remembered that his characters are American.

Quote:
lol and then she mentions the cops were rejects from Dragnet.
LOL, yes, Gaiman's scripting is so intentional.

Quote:
Looking for Morpheus, Nuala and Drunk stumble across Ruthven.. The Ruthven I remember is Sykes.
Damn you have a good memory. I'd never noticed that parallel before.

Quote:
They find the Dream Lord, and again Nuala seems to want to stay, and he seems to be genuinely fond of her. Fairy gifts are double edged swords.. I sort of hope Cluracan's
nemesis rips his gut open at some point.

Sad Nuala makes Warty sad. This was such a sad scene. Morpheus is trying so hard to do what is right by Nuala, but he still just doesn't quite understand people. He can't read the expression... nor grasp the subtle nuance of expression in others.

Yeah. By going, not only does Nuala not get to be around him anymore, but there is also that sense of rejection-- that he didn't fight to keep her.

Cluracan going on about "oh, now you can wear your glamour again and destroy men's hearts" is not helping, either. She's had a glimpse of something more. How can she go back?

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old Today, 03:11 AM   #683
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

I love Nuala's character. All she wanted was to be wanted.. as herself, not as the glamour version of herself. I think Dream really cares for her as well, but it is beyond him to recognize what Nually really wants. He missed every subtle clue she was throwing out there about what she really wanted. She could have said "no, I want to stay" because she did want that, but she wanted Morpheus to want it.

It's really sad. I adore her character.

Cluracan is a WTDP... a Walking, Talking, Drunken Penis. I hate that faery fruit loop for the way he acts towards her.

The Furies... I mean on the surface they are 3 aspects of the feminine.. Maiden, Mother, Crone. Eve has appeared the same ways to bolster the feminine aspect. In some ways they are the antithesis of the trinity... on the Furies level and seemingly here now, they are the personification of vengeance. They seem to be shapers as they look to some degree to be molding the story from the outside as much as they are an active part of it themselves.

Loose Ends -

I've always known Loki would be back. I wonder if he was involved if it was at the behest of Morpheus. Doesn't he owe Morpheus?

Well I wonder why the Corinthian was recreated. I hope he sticks to his purpose this time.

I suppose Delight/Delirium is a loose end. What happened there? I can't see that directly relating to this however.

Don't create your own storm and then complain about the rain.

Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Art & Literature > Literature General Discussion »