Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-15-16, 07:27 AM   #21
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Re: Colony on USA January 14, 2016

Josh Holloway was one of the best parts of an ultimately disappointing Lost. I hope he and his series does well. We'll see though if the show offers WalkingDeadesque Lori who wasn't very well liked. Hopefully Sarah Wayne Callies can break free of that identity.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-16, 08:22 PM   #22
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Wow! That was great first episode! If the rest of the series lives up to the pilot, then this will surely be a hit.

What do you do when everything you know is threatened? Do you rise up and fight back, risking everything and everyone you love or do you co-operate and protect your spouse and children? Talk about a rock and a hard place!

I think it's an easier decision when it's just you but when your children's safety is held over your head -- it's a different story. Josh Holloway was at his best, IMO. We saw the strong hero that he is and the vulnerable father and husband that he also is. And to think his wife is now his unknown target!

I'm in!

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-16, 10:46 PM   #23
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

I did like Josh as usual. He has great screen presence and leading-man charisma. He's at that point of his career, kind of like Harrison Ford was at this stage, when the rascally side is giving way to more mature roles. I wouldn't mind if he could get a chance to flash the charm and smile a bit more here, but it's obviously an intense part.

It seemed to be a relatively competent and professional opener (I actually watched it weeks ago on the usa website). It has Cuse's touch. I only hope that as he doles out the developments, he knows where he's going. These sci-fi serials aren't as unusual as they were when Lost came out, but what would put it over would be a satisfying completion to the concept. I'm more likely to dip in and out of it from time to time; it hasn't quite hooked me yet.

As for the cast, I liked Josh of course, and the guy who played the oily businessman. But while I didn't mind the actress who played Josh's wife, I couldn't help picturing Evangeline Lilly in the role--she and JH just had such chemistry.

Good to see him back.
Old 01-15-16, 10:58 PM   #24
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

I have this set up to record. The start time is 11pm here in the Mountain time zone, so we sort of got a crap time. But I have a series recording ready for it, so I plan to give it a chance.

I tried his last show, but found it too predictable. It got old quickly and got cancelled.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-16, 11:18 PM   #25
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

I agree about Josh's previous show, Intelligence.

As for episode 1, I already don't like the wife. Nothing like being a mole. I really don't think that the resistance will give a damn about Wil. They would consider him collateral damage.

I did enjoy the episode. Lots more of setting up character and story arcs to come. Hope this show works out.

btw glad they left JH scruffy.

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-16, 02:58 AM   #26
Dew

LOST Scribe
Brainwashed in Room 23

Colony
S1E02 - "A Brave New World"
Thursday January 21, 2016
USA 10/9C

Spoiler: Description and Promo
Will faces unforeseen challenges on his first day at his new job; Katie receives her first assignment; Maddie reconnects with an old acquaintance; and Carlos pays the price for Will's collaboration. TV Guide

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-16, 01:52 PM   #27
soup
Holds Darlton Under..Forever
Carries Big Stick

JH's character is too strait and I feel this will also be too predictable.

They need to do a LOST spinoff for Sawyer.
Old 01-19-16, 06:37 PM   #28
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Wow! That was great first episode!

Josh Holloway was at his best, IMO. We saw the strong hero that he is and the vulnerable father and husband that he also is. And to think his wife is now his unknown target!

I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Sawyer View Post
I did like Josh as usual. He has great screen presence and leading-man charisma.

It seemed to be a relatively competent and professional opener (I actually watched it weeks ago on the usa website). It has Cuse's touch. I only hope that as he doles out the developments, he knows where he's going. These sci-fi serials aren't as unusual as they were when Lost came out, but what would put it over would be a satisfying completion to the concept. I'm more likely to dip in and out of it from time to time; it hasn't quite hooked me yet.

Good to see him back.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought it was a great premiere. What I didn't like was Josh Holloway reprising his look as Sawyer. On a couple of occasions, I even found myself calling him Sawyer instead of Will. But, that was my only complaint.

I wasn't prepared for this to be another "aliens take-over the Earth" plot. I guess I should've read the series synopsis. But, I was glad they weren't shown. Or, were the "red hats" the aliens? I just don't think I'm ready for another rat eating lizard aliens series.

I was also very surprised I felt the emotional intensity in the series so early. When Will went missing and Katie went searching, I was seating on the edge of my seat expecting her to be caught as well. Then to find out she's part of the Resistance was completely surprising. I didn't see that coming.

All in all, a nice series premiere. I look forward to the next installment.
Old 01-19-16, 09:05 PM   #29
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Sacred Symbols Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Chap Hai Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!

I haven't watched it yet but will soon.

I was sure that Josh would have been a much bigger star by now. Maybe his accent is holding him back? I don't see how as Mconoughy does just fine with his.

EDIT: I've watched it and it was well produced. The wife being Lori from The Walking Dead will turn some people off as she was annoying at times. Although I didn't hate her as much as others seemed to. Her being a mole is a bit of a turnoff though. a bit too convenient.

Last edited by FrodoFraggins; 01-20-16 at 05:25 AM.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-16, 08:35 PM   #30
abcdxyz
Blew Up the Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought it was a great premiere. What I didn't like was Josh Holloway reprising his look as Sawyer. On a couple of occasions, I even found myself calling him Sawyer instead of Will. But, that was my only complaint.
Not to mention his wife is a brunette named "Katie." Really?

My problem with this is that Carleton Cuse is one of TPTB, and I've been burned before.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »