Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > Other TV General > Sleepy Hollow - Fox Friday

Old 02-13-17, 04:08 AM   #581
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Re: Sleepy Hollow - Fox Friday

I have to say they did a great job of casting the newbies - I think the new group has great chemistry.

So Jobe is required to stay with Dreyfus as part of his contract. At first I thought it was odd that he was helping Dreyfus try to become immortal. But maybe even a demon doesn't want to go back to hell?

I was completely unfamiliar with Mison before SH, but I found a picture of him in a movie he had done where he was clean shaven and oh my he looks like a completely different person I didn't recognize him!
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-13-17, 10:46 AM   #582
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post

Back to the talisman -- Diana is out in the hall when Jobe appears and he magically takes the talisman from Crane and then he and Crane disappear. Once the talisman is taken, the archer in the graveyard turns to dust.
Part of the plan as I understood it was that the three out in the graveyard would be the misdirection for the archer as the two entered and retrieved the portion of the Sorcerer's Philosopher's stone. It looked bigger than I remember it should be as the stone looked almost complete with just a small portion needed the last time I saw it.
Usually when people turn to dust as Crane did once Jobe took the stone from him, they are gone for good. This time Crane just seemed to be "transported" by that to another place. I just thought Tom Mison needed a little R&R from all his work and would miss out on most of the show giving the three an added chance to shine on the episode, but he soon returned.

Quote:
They arrive at the spot, Crane and the horseman are shackled and kneeling on the now reconstructed Philospher's Stone. Dreyfus' slices both of their hands -- their blood runs onto the talisman and intermingles. Dreyfus figures the stone will draw the life-force from those in the vicinity and by drinking the blood he will become immortal. Jobe cast a spell so that those close to the Stone would not be affected -- lucky for Jenny, Jake and Alex.
Boy did that blood run. I got excited when I remembered that exact scene from season 1. The mingling of the two's blood in that formation. How cool to bring that back.

Quote:
Earlier, Crane had come across some of George Washington's letters and found hidden messages he missed when he first read them. It's through these messages that he learned that the stone was placed on the battlefield and Washington specifically maneuvered Crane to be there at that time. He plans on reading the rest of the letters to see what else he missed.

But I can tell you the big thing he missed. Washington wanted to use the stone before it was divided and hidden and we know he wanted Crane to be there with the stone. I think it's not too much of a leap to think that Washington had hoped Crane (The Witness) would become immortal.

And I think he did.
Crane, feeling Washington's betrayal of sorts, seemed to get past it. Cramed appeared to accept this as part of the "greater good". He being a soldier knows that he needed to perform as his leader directs, but it also seemed as if he was saddened by this betrayal of his friend and mentor.

It was good to see Benjamin Banaker back in the story. The continuity the writers have woven into this season is spectacular.
Old 02-17-17, 12:18 PM   #583
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Sleepy Hollow

S04E07 - "Homecoming"
Friday - February 17, 2017
FOX - 9/8c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

"The return of Molly's father from duty just before her 11th birthday has Diana wondering if wants to be part of their daughter's life again." Source
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-19-17, 02:30 PM   #584
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

I missed the two techs, Jacob and Alex, but they were out being educated in something. This allowed the show to focus more on Miss Molly.
Well done.

I didn't know who the monster was until just a few minutes before. This monster was ok, but the costuming or CGI did not live up to the past monsters. It's jaw bounced. LOL

Then the highlight of the episode for me was when Jobe escaped the lantern and popped up in the salted circle.............. naked.
Oh my, . Then Jenni goes and gives him a towel. However his awesome 6 pack and other musculature were showing nicely.
Then he goes and turns out to be a .... a good bad guy???

What is holding him to Dreyfus? Even more things to think about now. Who is the demon?
Old 02-25-17, 10:08 PM   #585
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I thought I added this week's episode separator. So sorry.

Well, let me add my thoughts to last week's story and then I'll update.

I thought there was something strange about the "Dad" about half-way in and then it made sense that it really wasn't Molly's dad but the demon in disguise.

I didn't really care for Molly being put in a position being chased by a monster who wants to rip her apart -- in the dark -- in a remote wooded area. I really don't want to see her in that kind of predicament again.

It was a decent story though and allowed us to get information on Diana's back ground.

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 02-25-17, 10:10 PM   #586
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Sleepy Hollow

S04E08 - "Sick Burn"
Friday - February 24, 2017
FOX - 9/8c

"A supernatural infection from a viral video coincides with an Internet sensation's arrival. Meanwhile, Molly is scared by a vision that may signal a grim future." Source
Old 02-25-17, 10:22 PM   #587
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

A so-so episode.

I thought the plot device -- the viral video causing the "fire flu" is a little over-used as well as the djinn and the fire. I've seen that a bit as well. But I did like how TPTB involved Molly in this particular episode.

Jenny was pleased when Molly chose the singing bowl which show her path as an oracle (but we already knew that ). then she immediately falls into a trance and sees a snippet of the possible future Dreyfus is trying to bring about. (As later we see him wake up after dreaming or having a vision of the same elements as Molly saw -- just a different setting.) Did anyone notice if both visions happened at the same time?

I was disappointed in Diana. Didn't she just promise Molly in the last couple of episodes to be open and honest with her? And yet, when it came time to tell her the latest video on her idol, Logan's website, was actually hurting people -- she didn't. That is going to come back and bite her in the butt (yet again). We know Dreyfus has Logan under his control -- Molly idolizes Logan -- when you add those two items together, you have the beginning recipe for a threat and possible harm to Molly.

Loved Crane telling the people milling around to "drop their mobile devices" as they were evil or whatever he said. I saw the reaction coming and couldn't keep from laughing because I love the "Crane look of bewilderment" after he doesn't receive the reaction expected.

And I personally think that Jenny should be allowed to teach Molly how to throw Chinese throwing stars.

Old 02-26-17, 11:16 AM   #588
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

The singing bowl, the cross bow, what were the other elements to choose from?
I liked that Jenny took Molly out for a hike, something her mom has possibly yet to do with her. And I, too, was disappointed in Diane for keeping the info about the web site from Molly. Molly is totally a witness now as she has had her birthday to 11 years of age. That must be the when a witness maturity. I think Abby was 13 when it all came to her.
Thank goodness Molly will be an oracle, then it won't matter if her mom tells her stuff. She will just know. hopefully

Logan, what a good actor to be chosen to work in this series. His appearance on OUAT was the last time I enjoyed that show. I expect good things from him.
However, did you notice Jobe? Hell, I always notice him, but it appeared he was looking upon Dreyfus and Logan with contempt, jealousy, acute awareness that dynamics have changed. Did you notice anything there?

If there is any shipping to be done on this show now it has got to be fore Jacob and Alex. I'm so not a shipper, but did enjoy how Jacob was so fervent to save Alex. And how she hugged him big time in the end.
Smart of TPTB to push a "ship-ment" off the main characters.
Old 02-26-17, 11:42 AM   #589
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
The singing bowl, the cross bow, what were the other elements to choose from?
I did not notice.
Quote:
Thank goodness Molly will be an oracle, then it won't matter if her mom tells her stuff. She will just know.
But will she know what her visions mean? And telling Diana means it will most likely stay between the two of them until something happens (that could have been prevented if Diana had disclosed what Molly shares but didn't). You know what I mean. I'm hoping that Molly confides in Crane, directly -- leaving Diana out of the loop or only including her when Crane is around.
Quote:
However, did you notice Jobe? Hell, I always notice him, but it appeared he was looking upon Dreyfus and Logan with contempt, jealousy, acute awareness that dynamics have changed. Did you notice anything there?
Yes, and it's not the first time. I don't think Jobe would choose to be tied to Dreyfus if he had any say in it. Unfortunately he's part of the devil/Dreyfus contract. He's tied to Dreyfus for as long as Dreyfus lives.

Quote:
If there is any shipping to be done on this show now it has got to be fore Jacob and Alex. I'm so not a shipper, but did enjoy how Jacob was so fervent to save Alex. And how she hugged him big time in the end.
Smart of TPTB to push a "ship-ment" off the main characters.
Indeed! Did you notice the look Alex gave Jacob and the female bartender? Jealous! And maybe it was no accident Jacob's date didn't show up. Maybe Alex secretly arranged to be that date -- thinking she would ditch hers and hook-up with Jacob?

Old 03-03-17, 04:00 PM   #590
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Sleepy Hollow

S04E09 - "Child's Play"
Friday - March 3, 2017
FOX - 9/8c

"Molly visits the vault for the first time. Meanwhile, Diana worries about her daughter's life as a Witness when a monster appears that looks like her imaginary friend from childhood." Source
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > Other TV General »