Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > How to Get Away with Murder - ABC Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 10-30-14, 05:29 PM   #21
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: How to Get Away with Murder (ABC)

New episode tonight.
Old 11-06-14, 01:33 AM   #22
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Boy, this is one of the best new series of the season.

In this last episode, we're introduced to the case that made Annalise what she is today. A guy whose on death row has won an appeal in front of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. He's spent the last 20 years behind bars telling everyone who'd listen he didn't kill his girlfriend. Annalise and her 5 students have 72 hours to come up with something that will get him off.

We also get another look at the death of Annalise's husband. This is the murder we get to see in flashbacks. In this particular flashback, we find out Asher, one of the 5 students, wasn't apart of the incident involving Sam, Annalise's husband. But, he's pissed because he finds out someone stole the trophy they all want to win. He comes to Annalise's house where the others are trying to gather up the body to dispose of it. They hide from him and he eventually leaves. Okay, he has a rendezvous with Bonnie, Annalise's assistant.

Also, Wes has put together a written letter explaining it's Sam penis that's shown on the dead girls phone. He tells Annalise to eliminate Rebecca as a suspect or he'll send the letter to the Authorities.

Back to the episode's procedural case, they find out Asher's father may've had some negative dealings with the case. He was the sitting judge in the case all those years ago. Asher confronts him as a liar, and he's told to get out of his father's house.

With a few hours left before they have to show their case, they find out there's a chance the eyewitness who testified against the guy may've been paid off by a current Senator. After Annalise puts the Senator on the witness stand she puts together several innuendos that show the Senator may've killed the girl all those years ago to get his hands on land he's since developed. The court demises the case against Annalise's client and he's reunited with his family.

Annalise also asks Frank, another one of her assistants to plant evidence in the car of the murdered girls boyfriend. The police are contacted, find the phone and make this guy the number one suspect in the girls murder. Wes convinces Rebecca to come out of hiding, so Annalise can defend her.
Old 11-06-14, 04:50 PM   #23
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

While I like really like the core storyline drama, it is typical Shonda in that it gets oversexualized a bit, which I do not love. The Blacklist shows you don't need that to be great. But the storyline is still very compelling.

Also, the legal side is lacking. As a lawyer, some of it is fine for an hour show because it is a plot device and you can't cover everything. Other parts bother me because it is total BS. I hate how unethical they all are, and they act like that is just how the game is played. Wrong. She'd have been disbarred long ago acting like she does.

Also hated the last story how the appeal got handled by the court. The Court would have halted the execution and remanded(thrown back) the case back to the lower court to address the legal issues with the initial trial. He could have been released on bail pending the remand, but probably not. Death Row guys typically are not released on remand.

I guess I am struggling with the suspension of disbelief on things when they mess up the legal side so much. Otherwise, the story as told through the different eyes of each character is interesting.

Point being, she really could use a legal consultant to not make her week to week procedural look silly.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-06-14, 08:07 PM   #24
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
...Also hated the last story how the appeal got handled by the court. The Court would have halted the execution and remanded(thrown back) the case back to the lower court to address the legal issues with the initial trial. He could have been released on bail pending the remand, but probably not. Death Row guys typically are not released on remand...
Because I love Shonda's series (yes, I still watch Grey's Anatomy), I hate to admit I caught this discrepancy too.

As you mentioned Lawboy, the case would've been sent back to the lower court for dispensation. Whether that would've been a new trial or the D.A. deciding not to pursue the case. But, no way would this guy have been released to go home at the State Supreme Court level.

I'm really fascinated by the underlying murder. Who killed Sam Keating? Are the students covering up for Annalise or themselves?
Old 11-21-14, 12:20 AM   #25
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Winter Finale

Se01, Ep09; "Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me"

November 20, 2014 - 10/9C - ABC

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

The night of the bonfire reveals what led to Sam's death, and also who killed him.
Hodgepodge is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-14, 09:59 PM   #26
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

OMG! We know who killed Sam.
Old 11-25-14, 06:19 PM   #27
Lawboy
Sees Walt

Yeah we do. The twists in this story are what makes it fun, because at times, it gets downright silly in a bad way.

My main complaints are that Shonda expects us to be stupid. Yes it is a fun ride, but her characters act dumb. They are supposed to be bright Ivy league caliber students, but they act dumber than basic criminals we see each week.

Also, when Sam got hit with the statue--in the back of the head no less--blood splattered on Rebecca's face, and she was directly in front of him. Nice effect, but awful execution. Had to watch it 3x to confirm, because that was some magic blood splatter that hit her. It actually went around Sam's head and splashed all over her face.

Comedy of errors that better come back to burn them all. They'd deserve it.

But man, that twist at the end? So so good.

Old 11-26-14, 07:04 PM   #28
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Yeah we do. The twists in this story are what makes it fun, because at times, it gets downright silly in a bad way...
You know something Lawboy, in the previous episode's promo, Rebecca said she killed Sam. So, I was trying to figure out what the whole "who killed Sam" suspense thingy was all about. Then, as you mentioned, the twist came out of nowhere.

Quote:
...My main complaints are that Shonda expects us to be stupid. Yes it is a fun ride, but her characters act dumb. They are supposed to be bright Ivy league caliber students, but they act dumber than basic criminals we see each week...
And I love that part of it.

I think it was Michaela who mentioned she'd been excepted to both Yale and Harvard, but decided to study under Annalise Keating. Put these smart kids in a situation they're not accustomed to, and they fall all over themselves. The in-fighting the night of Sam's death is one of my favorite parts of the series. They're all at each other throats, trying to make sure they've committed the "perfect murder". I just love it!

Quote:
...Also, when Sam got hit with the statue--in the back of the head no less--blood splattered on Rebecca's face, and she was directly in front of him. Nice effect, but awful execution. Had to watch it 3x to confirm, because that was some magic blood splatter that hit her. It actually went around Sam's head and splashed all over her face.

Comedy of errors that better come back to burn them all. They'd deserve it.

But man, that twist at the end? So so good.
See, you have to take off your "lawyer" hat while watching this series. Coupled that with your apparent knowledge of CSI, you'll drive yourself
Old 01-30-15, 12:46 AM   #29
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

How to Get Away with Murder
S1E10 - " Hello, Raskolnikov"
Thursday, Jan 29, 2015
ABC 10/9C

Description:
More:
The episode picks up on the day after Sam's murder. Annalise enlists her students to help her find her husband, but it's unclear just what she knows. In the excerpted scene, D.A. Wendy Parks (Alysia Reiner) drops by Annalise’s house to make it clear she won't back down from Lila's case.
Hodgepodge is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-30-15, 06:45 PM   #30
Lawboy
Sees Walt

This show has really good drama, even it it has issues. Some of hte drama is contrived and I hate that, but enjoy it al the same time.

I decided after last night that is was Annalise who killed Lila. She knew Sam was cheating, she killed the girl after he left seeing her that night because she would not get an abortion (Annalise can't have kids remember), covered it up. She knew he was there because she was tracking his movements, and that is why she knew his laptop would place him there with such certainty.

She helped Sam because she truly loves him in a twisted way, but once he was dead, she placed it on him to cover her own butt. In fact, she has been doing nothing but lying to cover her own butt the whole series. That is who she is.

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »