Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > Other TV General > Emerald City - NBC Friday

Old 01-07-17, 11:21 PM   #11
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Re: Emerald City - NBC Friday

Any thoughts on the beginning with Dorothy's mother? It looked like the police (if they really were police) were trying to kill her. I assume this will probably come back into play at some point.

Looked like the woman that tried to poison Lucas and was holding Tip captive is still alive. Found some info on the woman and Tip:

Spoiler: Mombi and Tip
Apparently the woman's name is Mombi - she's also known as the Wicked Witch of the North - I assume she survived being stabbed and pummeled by Lucas because "only witches can kill witches".

Tip is apparently the rightful ruler of Oz.

They said several times, only witches can kill witches. I assume that's why the witch Dorothy "ran over" didn't die at first. She did die when Dorothy tricked her into shooting herself. I assume she died because she killed herself - a witch killing a witch. Does that make sense?

Also what was with Dorothy and the dead witch's gloves? They appeared on her hands and then faded. Any theories?
nsguy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-17, 12:05 AM   #12
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie

Ruby red glove? Did the shoes appear on Dorothy's feet after her house dropped on the with killing her?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-17, 01:04 PM   #13
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

I"ve got to check this show out, but the ruby red gloves I saw made me chuckle and stick my arm out and cry a high pitched "Ooo" MJ style.
Old 01-11-17, 09:59 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Any thoughts on the beginning with Dorothy's mother? It looked like the police (if they really were police) were trying to kill her. I assume this will probably come back into play at some point...
You know Nsguy, I immediately thought the mother was hiding from the inhabitants of Oz. So, in my mind, the "police" were from Oz and sent there to kill her and possibly Dorothy as well. Once they tortured her for her location.

Quote:
...Looked like the woman that tried to poison Lucas and was holding Tip captive is still alive. Found some info on the woman and Tip:

Apparently the woman's name is Mombi - she's also known as the Wicked Witch of the North - I assume she survived being stabbed and pummeled by Lucas because "only witches can kill witches".

Great info, Nsguy.

So, with this info, do you think the Witch of the North was "really" protecting Tip? Using his "maleness" to hide?

Quote:
...They said several times, only witches can kill witches. I assume that's why the witch Dorothy "ran over" didn't die at first. She did die when Dorothy tricked her into shooting herself. I assume she died because she killed herself - a witch killing a witch. Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense.

So, if I'm correct, we've got a witch from every corner of the map. North, South, East and West?

Curious, is the dead witch replaced?
Old 01-11-17, 11:14 PM   #15
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
You know Nsguy, I immediately thought the mother was hiding from the inhabitants of Oz. So, in my mind, the "police" were from Oz and sent there to kill her and possibly Dorothy as well. Once they tortured her for her location.
Interesting, that never even crossed my mind but makes sense.

Quote:
So, with this info, do you think the Witch of the North was "really" protecting Tip? Using his "maleness" to hide?
I think the witch was protecting Tip, but I suspect it will turn out she was doing it for her own selfish reasons.
nsguy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-17, 11:07 AM   #16
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
Any thoughts on the beginning with Dorothy's mother? It looked like the police (if they really were police) were trying to kill her. I assume this will probably come back into play at some point.

Looked like the woman that tried to poison Lucas and was holding Tip captive is still alive. Found some info on the woman and Tip:

They said several times, only witches can kill witches. I assume that's why the witch Dorothy "ran over" didn't die at first. She did die when Dorothy tricked her into shooting herself. I assume she died because she killed herself - a witch killing a witch. Does that make sense?

Also what was with Dorothy and the dead witch's gloves? They appeared on her hands and then faded. Any theories?
Saw the first half but I really enjoyed it as well.

The "munchkins" were eskimo-esque and I liked that these little people were just the children. I am baffled because, the Wizard of Oz looks so much like the heavy set shaman at this village of "Muncheskin". What do you think?

I am assuming that the woman at the upper hut along Dorothy's way is a witch because of her superb incantations and hand signals. She is up for an Emmy in my book already. I think her medicine for Tim/Tip is really some sort of supressent. I, too, Hodge, believe that this little person is a female. But why was the hair cut so short? To shield that person from society or from the "mother" of the hut? There is a reason for that hair cut as well imo.

Dorothy's mother was initially being chased by someone as she ran out of the corn fields to, I assume, Auntie Em's place in Lucas, Kansas. What I thought was blood was mud. Who was chasing her and why did she kiss the circle of dots on her baby's hand?

Looking forward to finishing this epi up.
Old 01-12-17, 11:13 AM   #17
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

Quote:
So, if I'm correct, we've got a witch from every corner of the map. North, South, East and West?

Curious, is the dead witch replaced?
Every corner has a witch, then there is the wizard which is a male name for witch. But I've yet to discover if he is really a magical being. If what I suspect, the Wizard and the Shaman are one in the same, then possibly males could posses some sort of magic
Quote:
I think the witch was protecting Tip, but I suspect it will turn out she was doing it for her own selfish reasons.
Yes, that woman did not appear to be concerned with Tip, just with the saving of him. I felt like she was the witch from Hansel and Gretel who was fattening them up just to have a good meal.
Old 01-12-17, 07:00 PM   #18
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...I think the witch was protecting Tip, but I suspect it will turn out she was doing it for her own selfish reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
Yes, that woman did not appear to be concerned with Tip, just with the saving of him. I felt like she was the witch from Hansel and Gretel who was fattening them up just to have a good meal.
You know, if you're right Nsguy about Tip's heritage/future, we have to give her kudos for keeping him/her safe. It's obvious, the Wizard would have bad intentions toward him/her if he knew he existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
...the heavy set shaman at this village of "Muncheskin". What do you think...
9MM, I immediately thought this guy was going to be the cowardly lion we know from the original story.

I've got a question for everyone in the thread. The way Lucas was impaled on that cross, is he going to be our Scarecrow?

Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-17, 07:46 PM   #19
Vickie
The Roaming Penguin
Trajan
Squishes the Frog

Send a message via Yahoo to Vickie

Quote:
I've got a question for everyone in the thread. The way Lucas was impaled on that cross, is he going to be our Scarecrow?

I assumed so
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-12-17, 08:22 PM   #20
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

I also assume Lucas is the scarecrow. Did you see the crow sitting on top of the cross he was hung on? My bigger guess and something I'm only just rolling around in my head, is he going to be a savior? What was on the back of the cross? Nimbo? And he was dirty and covered in straw.

Not having seen him much, but knowing that he is supposed to be a warrior of sorts, and he has the facial look of a lion imo is
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > Other TV General »