Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-09-17, 05:44 PM   #231
addhawk
Follows the Cable

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
Sprichst du Deutsch? Sure seems like these so called aliens are fascinated with the bad habits of the Nazi's.
The head scientist from the 1969 video tape viewing, German.
The summit was in Germany and they were speaking German.
The Red hats look like the Waffen SS.
The flags have the same colors as Nazi flags except their Eagle emblem is on it.
They seem to be rounding up children for a possible run at a master race.
They trust no one.

The only thing that caught my interest was at the summit one called the device taken off the dead Host's arm, if it was dead the Artifact. Then another called it a Vehicle. Thoughts?
It's probably an AI or power source or both? It could be the actual alien.

A people without a culture have no identity. Maybe grooming the children for a new life off world? Or removing a reason for them to resist? The adult parents are a means to the final product.

The first television broadcast was in 1936 from Germany. Essentially our presence is known to anything else within a 80light year sphere around Earth. At 80 light years out they would be seeing broadcasts from Nazi Germany.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...liens-see.html

I think the premise of the sentinel was for it to be found first by a suitably advanced Earth based technology? Timing it to the point where we or our machines achieved rudimentary space travel / exploration?

What is that? Is it, um-- Kind of sounds like music.
It can't be.
Houston, are you still receiving us? We're on the dark side.
Lost line of sight.
That was strange.
Are we recording? Yes, sir.
It must be UHF interference bouncing off the atmosphere.
That's not interference.
Oh, my God.
Look at that.
What the hell is that? Houston-- So, we were able to isolate the sound they were hearing.
[ambient warbling and static crackling] I ordered a rudimentary analysis on the music.
- And? - Seems to have mathematical structure, but otherwise inconclusive.
Our best guess-- some kind of message.
We need to send a response.
But how? Maybe that thing is some kind of beacon.

Last edited by addhawk; 02-09-17 at 05:54 PM.
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-09-17, 08:15 PM   #232
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Colony

S02E05 - "Company Man”
Thursday February 9, 2017
@ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Promo

"Will returns to an unfamiliar workplace. At home, Katie tries to stay on her best behavior. Broussard and his cell make a startling discovery about the Wall." Source

sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-17, 04:38 PM   #233
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Loved this episode!

Will Bowman
Will "innocently" returns to work claiming to have been away on assignment with the proper papers. The new boss (Bennett) questions him and he allows Will to return to the unit. I don't think he fully trusts him though as evidenced by the new partner he assigned to Will -- Burke! Burke was the agent suspicious of Jennifer and I can tell you he would put a bullet between Will's eyes without blinking his.

Will tries to find Jennifer and comes up empty handed. Burke tells him she was sent to the factory -- at least I think he did. And Will gets a delivery of his new Homeland uniform -- the same suits that Burke wears. Each suit has a pin on its lapel. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that suit is carrying more bugs than a nasty roach infestation.

Katie Bowman
This woman just can't seem to help herself. She lets her temper get in the way when she finds out Lindsey let Charlie leave the house because he was a bad influence on Gracie and was keeping her from focusing on her studies. Katie throws Lindsey out of the house and tells her she can't come back.

Then Katie visits her sister, who is in the middle of a big dinner party. Maddie breaks away to talk to her. Katie relays the confrontation with Lindsey and Maddie tells her she is going to need to apologize and let Lindsey back in. When Katie protests, Maddie insists saying she has seen a lot and that's what Katie needs to do. Then Katie asks again about Bram -- if Maddie is sure of where he is. Maddie pulls up the information on the computer but before she can close out, a maid appears and tells her she's wanted in the dining room. Maddie, promising to be only a few minutes leaves and Katie finds a thumb drive and copies the information on Bram's whereabouts.

Bram Bowman
There's an explosion at the compound where Bram lives. Snyder presses Bram to get information on who is responsible as it's evident the prisoner killed during the explosion was building a bomb. Brams sits with fellow prisoner, Maya, to see what he can learn but she's onto him and knows he's a mole. She calls him on it but Bram assures her that he's doing it under duress. Maya tells him they are going to use him to feed false information and then proceeds to tell him that the group she's with is going to show people that they can stand up against the Redhats. (I'm thinking she belongs to the Red Hand and is going to drag Bram in with her.)

Maya tells Bram that there were three people in on building the bomb and gives up the other two -- assuring Bram that they knew what they were getting into. Bram relays the info to Snyder who calls out the two guys -- he's looking to interogate them. But he and everyone else gets a shock when tough guard Jenkins shoots them both in the head right on the spot. Snyder is livid but contains himself. Privately he tells Bram he wishes he could get rid of Jenkins but is pulled away when news of a special shipment arrives.

News that Bram relays to Maya.

Broussard
Broussard runs a special mission with the three electronic wizards who captured the alien last season. They contain a drone but find they can't move it like they thought they could. Broussard calls for an abort but the female tech stays long enough to mount a small camera on the drone. Luckily they are able to vacant the area before the drone comes back online.

The drone returns to the wall and Broussard's team watches as it enters the interior of the wall. They discover that they're are thousands of drones inside the wall. There's also some kind of signal or signals but they can't decipher what they are. Broussard copies it to a thumb drive and passes it along to a higher up in a clandestine meeting.

So, we know that the Red Hand is not a part of Broussard's resistance group. Broussard's group appears to be ex-government, ex-law-enforcement, ex-military types. I'm thinking the Red Hand consists of homegrown militias and their converts.

Thoughts?

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 02-10-17, 07:53 PM   #234
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I'm behind. I just finished, Panopticon.

I actually thought it was a fantastic episode. No action, but the emotional conflict between all parties was something to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
The title makes perfect sense now that we know everyone's every move is being watched. I thought it was just Jennifer watching the Bowmans and I was shocked to see that it's everyone...
Do you guys think this was just initiated or has it been going on since the occupation?

Quote:
...Jennifer -- wow! She kept Katie's secret and wound up getting demoted as I think she knew she would. But I also think she knows it's a matter of time before the police come knocking on her door and give her the third degree. That's why I think she's taking an overdose. Will was right -- she is weak but she was strong enough not to take anyone else with her and you've got to respect her for that...
She went into her bosses office to spill the beans. Curious what made her stop?

I'm also curious to know what happened to her husband. Do we have any info on him? Hasn't she been in those offices since the beginning?

I'm hoping she doesn't off herself. Yeah, we saw her take a pill, but that doesn't mean she's going to overdose. Maybe Will, will come by and save the day once again.

Quote:
...My new favorite person -- Charlie! He's on a mission to get rid of Lindsey and I think he'll succeed. It also strikes me that Charlie is better prepared than his parents to survive and fight this enemy at the same time...
Charlie scares the bejeebers out of me.

Granted he's to young to have gone thru what he's gone thru, but given a little more time, he'll slit Lindsey's throat just to watch her bleed.

Now I agree, he wouldn't do anything to his sister or his parents, but if he sees someone coming between his family, they're as good as dead.

Quote:
...So, Helena is the new government leader or assistant or whatever position she has. She appears before all of the higher ups and seems to make a case to keep Los Angeles from being destroyed or something just as dire. She seemed awfully nervous. Why do you suppose that is? And what was the difference between the two pins? She replaced one right before she went into the meeting and she also dropped that one in the room before she left the meeting. Do you think she might be part of the Resistance? Maybe the pin she dropped is a bug?
I'm trying to remember the title they used to introduce her. Was it, Governor-General? I got the impression, she's at the top of the food chain when it comes to the State. Maybe even the U.S., if its still called that.

Have no clue about the pin, except at the end of her proposal. I thought she was going to blow up the conference if they'd decided to eliminate Los Angeles. I guess being a resident, I should thank her.
Old 02-10-17, 08:06 PM   #235
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Do you guys think this was just initiated or has it been going on since the occupation?
I don't think it's been going on since the beginning occupation and it's probably not happening in other colonies. I think it was most likely initiated in the Los Angeles area due to the insurgency.

Quote:
She went into her bosses office to spill the beans. Curious what made her stop?

I'm also curious to know what happened to her husband. Do we have any info on him? Hasn't she been in those offices since the beginning?
I think Jennifer stopped for a number of reasons. Her boss didn't think very much of her. Although I think she resented Will's description of her being weak, I think she empathized with him and his family. If I recall correctly, her husband was killed in the very beginning. She was robbed of the life Will and Katie have and yes, I think she's been with Homeland since the invasion.

Quote:
I'm hoping she doesn't off herself. Yeah, we saw her take a pill, but that doesn't mean she's going to overdose. Maybe Will, will come by and save the day once again.
Oh Jennifer ... won't see her no more.

Quote:
Charlie scares the bejeebers out of me.

Granted he's to young to have gone thru what he's gone thru, but given a little more time, he'll slit Lindsey's throat just to watch her bleed.

Now I agree, he wouldn't do anything to his sister or his parents, but if he sees someone coming between his family, they're as good as dead.
Charlie has become a survivor but his ordeal hasn't broken his spirit. He doesn't scare me -- the invaders should be afraid of him, though.

Quote:
I'm trying to remember the title they used to introduce her. Was it, Governor-General? I got the impression, she's at the top of the food chain when it comes to the State. Maybe even the U.S., if its still called that.

Have no clue about the pin, except at the end of her proposal. I thought she was going to blow up the conference if they'd decided to eliminate Los Angeles. I guess being a resident, I should thank her.
So, you think she's a member of the insurgency?

Old 02-10-17, 10:43 PM   #236
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I don't think it's been going on since the beginning occupation and it's probably not happening in other colonies. I think it was most likely initiated in the Los Angeles area due to the insurgency...
I forgot Helena was on the hot-seat when she acquiesced to the new security policies for Los Angeles. That scene in the basement was right out of Orwell's 1984.

Quote:
...I think Jennifer stopped for a number of reasons. Her boss didn't think very much of her. Although I think she resented Will's description of her being weak, I think she empathized with him and his family. If I recall correctly, her husband was killed in the very beginning. She was robbed of the life Will and Katie have and yes, I think she's been with Homeland since the invasion...
She definitely felt something for Will's family. Initially I thought she may've lost children along with her husband, but none were shown in that video.

Quote:
...So, you think she's a member of the insurgency?
That's where I leaning toward. A highly placed insurgent.

That's the only explanation when you take my theory of the pin to its end. If they planned on ousting her, or worse yet, if they found out who she really was, she wasn't going to be taken alive. And, she was going to take as many with her as she could.
Old 02-11-17, 02:57 PM   #237
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

So a family member disagreed with my interpretation of something.

Quote:
The drone returns to the wall and Broussard's team watches as it enters the interior of the wall. They discover that they're are thousands of drones inside the wall. There's also some kind of signal or signals but they can't decipher what they are. Broussard copies it to a thumb drive and passes it along to a higher up in a clandestine meeting.
They think the drone entered a transport container and was beamed up to a "mother ship" along with other drones.

What does everyone else think about that?

Also, they suggested (and I think I agree) that "tough guard Jenkins" at Bram's location -- you know -- the guy that shot those two in the head -- well, they suggested that Jenkins was a member of The Red Hand and he shot those two so they wouldn't talk. And that he also allowed that fight (in a previous episode) to continue so that others could steal stuff and used the fight as a diversion.

It makes sense to me, especially since we've seen the Red Hand is willing to kill humans who are willing to work with the "establishment".

What do you think? Is Jenkins a member of the Red Hand?

Old 02-11-17, 08:41 PM   #238
Redbird
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by addhawk View Post
It's probably an AI or power source or both? It could be the actual alien.

A people without a culture have no identity. Maybe grooming the children for a new life off world? Or removing a reason for them to resist? The adult parents are a means to the final product.

The first television broadcast was in 1936 from Germany. Essentially our presence is known to anything else within a 80light year sphere around Earth. At 80 light years out they would be seeing broadcasts from Nazi Germany.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...liens-see.html

I think the premise of the sentinel was for it to be found first by a suitably advanced Earth based technology? Timing it to the point where we or our machines achieved rudimentary space travel / exploration?

What is that? Is it, um-- Kind of sounds like music.
It can't be.
Houston, are you still receiving us? We're on the dark side.
Lost line of sight.
That was strange.
Are we recording? Yes, sir.
It must be UHF interference bouncing off the atmosphere.
That's not interference.
Oh, my God.
Look at that.
What the hell is that? Houston-- So, we were able to isolate the sound they were hearing.
[ambient warbling and static crackling] I ordered a rudimentary analysis on the music.
- And? - Seems to have mathematical structure, but otherwise inconclusive.
Our best guess-- some kind of message.
We need to send a response.
But how? Maybe that thing is some kind of beacon.
Hive Mind? The drone thought the device was a queen {her}. When the drone found the device it shut down and went to sleep. When they attached the camera they drone flew back to the hive with all of the other drones in the wall.. The thousands drones have been in the wall the whole time. The sound they heard was the same sound from the moon in 1969. I think the "Aliens" are the Machines and human's are in control of the machines using Alien technology.
I think the shipment arriving at the labor camp vis semi is a host. The same one Schneider had a chat with in the frozen trailer.

Quote:

It makes sense to me, especially since we've seen the Red Hand is willing to kill humans who are willing to work with the "establishment".

What do you think? Is Jenkins a member of the Red Hand?
Broussard doesn't know who they are and Hennessy in the movie theater said they were are closed group new to the world. So if they are a splinter group of the red hats its possible but I would think that Broussard would know of them.
Old 02-11-17, 11:45 PM   #239
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I think the "Aliens" are the Machines and human's are in control of the machines using Alien technology.
Well, if the humans are in control, then you're insinuating that this is some kind of mass culling of the human race, right?

Old 02-13-17, 11:50 PM   #240
Redbird
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Well, if the humans are in control, then you're insinuating that this is some kind of mass culling of the human race, right?
I was thinking more of a reboot. I mean you have a new 300 foot tall firewall standing in between what was and what is now.
Hosts, Proxies and Drones. oh my..
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »