Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-18-17, 01:20 AM   #251
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

There doesn't appear to be many fish in that prison barrel, so unless Bram's aunt or Stryker can pull some strings to quickly whisk him away, I don't think he's going to make it out of that prison alive.

Unless we're seeing a very tiny part of the prison, there's not many inmates, so I'm not sure how they're able to hide their bomb-making activities. You'd think there would be extra surveillance in a prison.

Spoiler: For Trolls' Eyes Only

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-18-17, 04:37 PM   #252
addhawk
Follows the Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
Those were pretty big eggs in those crates.
Statis chambers for the long trip offworld? They must travel below light speed. No FTL tech.

The hosts must be machine/android/ai if they don't need them. I'm assuming it's specifically chosen terrans that get put into them unless the hosts performed a recovery mission and it's something else that goes in.

So which system is host home world? It's gotta be "relatively" close.
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-20-17, 11:46 PM   #253
Redbird
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by addhawk View Post
Statis chambers for the long trip offworld? They must travel below light speed. No FTL tech.

The hosts must be machine/android/ai if they don't need them. I'm assuming it's specifically chosen terrans that get put into them unless the hosts performed a recovery mission and it's something else that goes in.

So which system is host home world? It's gotta be "relatively" close.
So do the tanks on the moon hold some type of radioactive fuel? That's why the workers at the factory are sick and dying? Fusion Ships?

Was that a nuclear battery or failsafe device on the hosts arm? 2 Host's died in Dallas and it was vaporized. Are they walking nukes?

The eggs sure look they are designed for "Humans" not "Aliens". Are they now one in the same?
Old 02-21-17, 05:44 PM   #254
addhawk
Follows the Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
So do the tanks on the moon hold some type of radioactive fuel? That's why the workers at the factory are sick and dying? Fusion Ships?

Was that a nuclear battery or failsafe device on the hosts arm? 2 Host's died in Dallas and it was vaporized. Are they walking nukes?

The eggs sure look they are designed for "Humans" not "Aliens". Are they now one in the same?
I think they have cleaner energy source. Agree, it could be a self-defense mechanism. Fusion tech doesn't put them that far ahead of us.

If they're "shipping/raptoring/rapturing" art off world, why not the artists?

Besides the monkey boys what else would have claim to Earth as a home world? Is it bug or dinosaur? Or are they clearing and packaging Earth up in advance of something? Are the two related?
addhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-17, 09:00 PM   #255
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Still an episode behind. These are comments on, Company Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
...Will Bowman
Will "innocently" returns to work claiming to have been away on assignment with the proper papers. The new boss (Bennett) questions him and he allows Will to return to the unit. I don't think he fully trusts him though as evidenced by the new partner he assigned to Will -- Burke! Burke was the agent suspicious of Jennifer and I can tell you he would put a bullet between Will's eyes without blinking his...
This is the part of the series that's so fascinating to me. It reminds me of the Nazi's at the beginning of the rise of the Third Reich.

Is it just the aphrodisiac of power that makes countrymen turn on another? It's apparent Burke is a dedicated guy, but you're right, given any inkling, he'd shoot Will in the back of the head.

Quote:
...Will tries to find Jennifer and comes up empty handed. Burke tells him she was sent to the factory -- at least I think he did. And Will gets a delivery of his new Homeland uniform -- the same suits that Burke wears. Each suit has a pin on its lapel. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that suit is carrying more bugs than a nasty roach infestation...
I'm still not convinced Jennifer is dead. I have nothing to point to, just a gut feeling.

What was scary, Burke following Will to her house. I'm surprised he didn't give Will a stern talking to about looking for Jennifer. Maybe being at the house was way to show him how much power he has.

Quote:
...Katie Bowman
This woman just can't seem to help herself. She lets her temper get in the way when she finds out Lindsey let Charlie leave the house because he was a bad influence on Gracie and was keeping her from focusing on her studies. Katie throws Lindsey out of the house and tells her she can't come back...
Again, with the Nazi parallel. Hitler youth!

Quote:
...Then Katie visits her sister, who is in the middle of a big dinner party. Maddie breaks away to talk to her. Katie relays the confrontation with Lindsey and Maddie tells her she is going to need to apologize and let Lindsey back in. When Katie protests, Maddie insists saying she has seen a lot and that's what Katie needs to do. Then Katie asks again about Bram -- if Maddie is sure of where he is. Maddie pulls up the information on the computer but before she can close out, a maid appears and tells her she's wanted in the dining room. Maddie, promising to be only a few minutes leaves and Katie finds a thumb drive and copies the information on Bram's whereabouts...
Yeah, Maddie has sold her soul.

Not sure what she saw, but she's turned over a new leaf. She's completely indoctrinated.

You're probably right about getting the location for Bram, but there was other info on that thumb-drive. Info that's going to be valuable to the Resistance. Oh Broussard!

Quote:
...Bram Bowman
There's an explosion at the compound where Bram lives. Snyder presses Bram to get information on who is responsible as it's evident the prisoner killed during the explosion was building a bomb. Brams sits with fellow prisoner, Maya, to see what he can learn but she's onto him and knows he's a mole. She calls him on it but Bram assures her that he's doing it under duress. Maya tells him they are going to use him to feed false information and then proceeds to tell him that the group she's with is going to show people that they can stand up against the Redhats. (I'm thinking she belongs to the Red Hand and is going to drag Bram in with her.)

Maya tells Bram that there were three people in on building the bomb and gives up the other two -- assuring Bram that they knew what they were getting into. Bram relays the info to Snyder who calls out the two guys -- he's looking to interogate them. But he and everyone else gets a shock when tough guard Jenkins shoots them both in the head right on the spot. Snyder is livid but contains himself. Privately he tells Bram he wishes he could get rid of Jenkins but is pulled away when news of a special shipment arrives...
This is why I don't think Jenkins is apart of Red Hand!

As you mentioned, the two guys were suppose to be questioned. And I think the questioning was supposed to be done by Snyder. I got the feeling, the two guys were supposed to be put on report, maybe put in the "hole" for a length of time, but they were shot by Jenkins.

Quote:
...Broussard
Broussard runs a special mission with the three electronic wizards who captured the alien last season. They contain a drone but find they can't move it like they thought they could. Broussard calls for an abort but the female tech stays long enough to mount a small camera on the drone. Luckily they are able to vacant the area before the drone comes back online.

The drone returns to the wall and Broussard's team watches as it enters the interior of the wall. They discover that they're are thousands of drones inside the wall. There's also some kind of signal or signals but they can't decipher what they are. Broussard copies it to a thumb drive and passes it along to a higher up in a clandestine meeting.

So, we know that the Red Hand is not a part of Broussard's resistance group. Broussard's group appears to be ex-government, ex-law-enforcement, ex-military types. I'm thinking the Red Hand consists of homegrown militias and their converts.

Thoughts?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Broussard isn't apart of this Red Hand group. But, I'm curious to know whether the guy he passed the thumb-drive to is?
Old 02-21-17, 09:35 PM   #256
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Still an episode behind. These are comments on, Company Man.

I'm still not convinced Jennifer is dead. I have nothing to point to, just a gut feeling.

What was scary, Burke following Will to her house. I'm surprised he didn't give Will a stern talking to about looking for Jennifer. Maybe being at the house was way to show him how much power he has.
I'd trust your gut. Remember, we never saw a body. And I'd agree that Burke seemed to be showing Will who was the boss. And implying that he (Burke) knew what happened to Jennifer.

But I have to say, I'm unsure about how advanced the tech of the new overlords could be if they have to use humans to watch on all those spying screens. No audio? Humans can't scan audio the way we do video, and even then, it seems to leave so many possibilities unwatched. Including Kate tossing the goodies Charlie had stolen into a random garbage can -- they don't have spy-eyes on the sidewalks?
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-21-17, 10:52 PM   #257
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
...But I have to say, I'm unsure about how advanced the tech of the new overlords could be if they have to use humans to watch on all those spying screens. No audio? Humans can't scan audio the way we do video, and even then, it seems to leave so many possibilities unwatched. Including Kate tossing the goodies Charlie had stolen into a random garbage can -- they don't have spy-eyes on the sidewalks?
Pi-o-my, could it be nothing more than "busy" work?

Something to keep the humans busy so they won't think about defying what's happening to them. Or, joining the Resistance or worse yet, joining Red Hand?

Speaking of Charlie, did you notice when Kate threw Lindsey out of the house, he was eating the chips she threw in that dumpster? He just went to the trash and got them.
Old 02-22-17, 01:57 AM   #258
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
I'd trust your gut. Remember, we never saw a body. And I'd agree that Burke seemed to be showing Will who was the boss. And implying that he (Burke) knew what happened to Jennifer.

But I have to say, I'm unsure about how advanced the tech of the new overlords could be if they have to use humans to watch on all those spying screens. No audio? Humans can't scan audio the way we do video, and even then, it seems to leave so many possibilities unwatched. Including Kate tossing the goodies Charlie had stolen into a random garbage can -- they don't have spy-eyes on the sidewalks?
.. Or in the prisons? I think the overall premise of this show is great, it's just that I'm having a hard time with the lack of detail in the writing.

Unfortunately Will is quickly joining Katie in cringe-worthiness. Does he honestly think he can evade his "partner", Burke? The guy knows everything and is everywhere. If he followed Will to Jennifer's house, doesn't he imagine that he would follow him to the "Green Zone" when he coerced the doctor into looking after "B.B"? It's obvious Burke doesn't trust Will and it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't know where Will is at all times. Did he buy that his son was sick? Was the ruse that he was going to the "green zone" to get a doctor for his son ? Is ita normal thing that all the doctor's live in the Green Zone? Maybe all the good doctors, right? I was expecting Burke to come out of the shadows after Will took care of BB, but there's no need, I'm sure he knew where he was at all times. Really dumb on Will's part and also for not using a silencer..

When they got to the bar (with the weird name), apparently someone spent all night checking for surveillance devices. But how 'bout across the street with presumably a direct view of Broussard as he approached Will and Katie for a meet and greet on the sidewalk?

And as I mentioned earlier, too much is going unnoticed at the Prison to be believable. I'm interested enough to keep watching but the attention to details really needs to improve.

Spoiler: For Trolls' Eyes Only

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 06:56 PM   #259
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Pi-o-my, could it be nothing more than "busy" work?

Something to keep the humans busy so they won't think about defying what's happening to them. Or, joining the Resistance or worse yet, joining Red Hand?

Speaking of Charlie, did you notice when Kate threw Lindsey out of the house, he was eating the chips she threw in that dumpster? He just went to the trash and got them.
Good point about keeping idle hands busy. And kids -- you can have lovely right-off-the-tree oranges for them but they'll go for chips every time...

Mr. Bill, I'm having the same problem that you are. The details seem so inconsistent. The drones are everywhere, sometimes, and nowhere to be found, sometimes. I did appreciate that they gave an explanation for why Katie and Will had to help out with the B.B. emergency and liked Katie's blackmail to keep the doctor cooperative, but I agree that it would have been better if Will had at least made some effort at hiding the sound of the gunshot. Burke must not be following Will but figured out that Will would go straight to Jennifer's house when he did -- ?
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-22-17, 07:45 PM   #260
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by addhawk View Post
The drone woke up and went back on shift. It entered the wall later at the end of its shift. Since when do machines need on/off "shifts"? And what's all that clucking going on inside there?
Maybe the drones don't need off shifts but perhaps their alien operators do. They have to have operators, right?

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »