Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 02-23-17, 07:22 PM   #261
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

Colony

S02E07 - "Free Radicals”
Thursday February 23, 2017
@ 10/9c on USA

Spoiler: Description and Promo

"Bram joins his friends on a risky sabotage mission; Will L3 comes face-to-face with the new Resistance; and Katie uncovers a dark truth about the bloc." Source

sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-17, 07:33 PM   #262
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Maybe the drones don't need off shifts but perhaps their alien operators do. They have to have operators, right?
Not necessarily, because they could be totally programmed. But they may need periodic refueling or downloading of the data they've picked up, in some way that requires a return to the "hive."

Anybody have any thoughts, going back to the opening of "Panopticon" about what was up with Helena and her pins? She changed out of one and then dropped the replacement, I think, while she was still in the room where she was questioned.
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-23-17, 09:00 PM   #263
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Anybody have any thoughts, going back to the opening of "Panopticon" about what was up with Helena and her pins? She changed out of one and then dropped the replacement, I think, while she was still in the room where she was questioned.
I wondered about that as well. Made me think the pin she dropped had significance. I wonder what would have happened had the panel voted the other way?

Formerly known as clayseason1
Old 02-23-17, 11:25 PM   #264
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I am enjoying it too, but Katie's continuing bad choices are almost cringe worthy. I don't know how the humans are going to win, but it's not by having every alien eye watching her...
Quote:
You're right, Mr. Bill, about Katie's bad choices. I cringe whenever she has a decision to make and makes it on her own. When is she going to learn to do the opposite of what she decided?
Can we assume Katie was telling the truth when she told Jennifer she had no idea where Broussard was, or how to get in contact with him?

Quote:
...Unless we're seeing a very tiny part of the prison, there's not many inmates, so I'm not sure how they're able to hide their bomb-making activities. You'd think there would be extra surveillance in a prison.
Boy, that bugged me too, Mr. Bill.

I initially thought the scene was somewhere outside the prison, but that wasn't the case. Four-knocks and you're able to gain admittance.

Quote:
...Unfortunately Will is quickly joining Katie in cringe-worthiness. Does he honestly think he can evade his "partner", Burke? The guy knows everything and is everywhere. If he followed Will to Jennifer's house, doesn't he imagine that he would follow him to the "Green Zone" when he coerced the doctor into looking after "B.B"? It's obvious Burke doesn't trust Will and it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't know where Will is at all times. Did he buy that his son was sick? Was the ruse that he was going to the "green zone" to get a doctor for his son ? Is ita normal thing that all the doctor's live in the Green Zone? Maybe all the good doctors, right? I was expecting Burke to come out of the shadows after Will took care of BB, but there's no need, I'm sure he knew where he was at all times. Really dumb on Will's part and also for not using a silencer...
During all of those scenes I kept thinking about Will's new attire.

No way that pin doesn't contain a camera. When Will joined Katie in the bunker, I said, here comes Burke and the militia.
Old 02-23-17, 11:58 PM   #265
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Can we assume Katie was telling the truth when she told Jennifer she had no idea where Broussard was, or how to get in contact with him?
I don't think we can ever "assume" Katie is telling the truth. We know Broussard was with those three techs who stopped the drone and mounted camera on it. Katie knew that too. And I think she probably does have a way to contact him.

Old 02-24-17, 06:37 PM   #266
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
See, she even lied to her sister. And even though I knew otherwise, she's such a good liar, I was beginning to believer her.

Excellent episode!

Will
That raid on The Red Hand, where they captured the girl recruiter and several other people -- that was raw. In trying to envision what I would do if I were the girl and in that real life situation -- I think by the time they shot the 2nd guy in the head, I would have been spilling the beans or puking -- one or the other. That really hit home with Will as well. I'm glad he let that other kid in the house go free.

He did the right thing in freeing that girl during her torture. She wound up killing herself and they didn't get any information but the real fault of that fiasco is on his partner's head. They had what? 5 or 6 people -- one of them would have talked. There was no need to kill them like that.

So, at the end of the day, Will is in agreement with Katie and we can expect both of them to be actively resisting the invasion from here on out. I wonder if there's anything that will turn Will's partner around?

Bram
Still just a teenager, willing to do just about anything for his girlfriend he's having sex with and that's the only reason (IMO) he helped the Red Hand plant that bomb. I haven't seen any other motivation for him other than willing to do things to get home.

But the bomb was a success even if Maya had to go along and personally detonate it. And there will be fall-out for that ship blowing up. Snyder is going to know that Bram took his card and I wonder what he'll do to Bram?

On the upside, it looks like Jenkins is dead and that may make things easier on the prisoners.

I think the big thing in this episode was the discovery of the countdown and all that it means. If people became aware of this, there would be no choice but to resist. Better to die fighting than just give up.

Old 02-24-17, 07:15 PM   #267
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I haven't read anything on this last episode. Lalalalalalalalalalalalala!

But, I do have a question.

In Fallout, Broussard was outside the bar when Will and Katie showed up. Will gave him the remaining cartridge from the bullet he used to put that young kid out of his misery.

I asked myself, Will knows Broussard? When did they meet? I can't remember.
Old 02-24-17, 08:56 PM   #268
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Will knows Broussard? When did they meet? I can't remember.
My memory isn't clear on that either but I do seem to recall both being inside the bar in a common scene.

Old 02-24-17, 09:47 PM   #269
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

I'm wondering about the "egg" or pod people. Why were they stored like that? Do you think it's like "beef on the hoof"? And what was that green/blue gunk that pod woman coughed up before dying?

Old 02-24-17, 10:43 PM   #270
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
My memory isn't clear on that either but I do seem to recall both being inside the bar in a common scene.
I remember Katie pouring Broussard a drink at the Yonk, but I don't remember if Will was there.

I also remember us speculating whether Broussard and Katie had an affair.

I knew Will had seen pictures of Broussard, I just didn't know if he'd ever met him or not. That confrontation outside the bar led me to believe he had.

One more point. Capturing Broussard would've been a feather in Will's cap, yet he let him go. That also gives me the opinion they know one another.