Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Colony - USA Thursday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-31-17, 06:29 PM   #341
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Re: Colony - USA Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi View Post
Krazy Karen is dead!

I give Bram one point -- only one point -- for not ratting out his parents' plan to attack the Red Hand. He's got a long way to go.
I was really hoping that the episode title "Seppuku" related to Bram doing himself away in the traditional Samurai way, or at least sacrificing himself. Unfortunately he's still around.

Quote:
The raid
I think I might have insisted on the only liaison between me and the resistance staying in the bunker while the rest of my team attacked and recovered the gauntlet. That's just me.
There's never a plan B with these people, no wonder the Raps are winning the war. Noa could have at least left some verbal instructions in case she didn't make it, but I'm sure the thought that she could be killed never crossed her mind. Speaking of Plan B's, I would think that Charlie is much more capable than Bram in leading the family in survival tactics. First thing Bram thought of was to run to family (Maddie).

Spoiler: For Trolls' Eyes Only

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-17, 08:06 PM   #342
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Eliminating a block at a time shows that the aliens value human life exactly zero. LA won;t be the first block to get offed.

And it amazes me how many humans are still willing to be complicit in keeping others down so they can live well until they die themselves.

At some point, the real resistance will begin. But by then, there may not be enough people to make it count.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-17, 11:25 PM   #343
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I've said it more than once, but this has been a great 2nd season.

The overall arc is constantly being moved forward, then they interject these smaller tangents throughout the season.

We definitely called Maddie's predicament as it came to fruition. Nolan came to the conclusion he could replace her bed and in life. Curious what's going to happen to Hudson? She's going to force Katie to go after him, watch.

Oh, and speaking of Nolan Burgress...Shipped right-off to the "factory". I guess that'll be the last time we'll see Adrian Pasdar too.

I tell you guys, I was waiting for Bram to turn on his family. I expected him to go running to the "Red Hand" (Karen) and inform them of the plan. I guess I'm sorry I doubted him.

Can't believe Laura Innes (Karen) got her paycheck that early. I thought she'd be around at least until the season finale.

Oh, and why didn't she destroy the gauntlet? That was her personality. If she couldn't control it, why help out another "Resistance" cell. I expected "it" to be on fire once the Team made it upstairs. Especially since she knew who was coming for it.

Quote:
...The raid
I think I might have insisted on the only liaison between me and the resistance staying in the bunker while the rest of my team attacked and recovered the gauntlet. That's just me.
Remember, they only had four members of their Team. Couldn't leave anyone behind.

Quote:
...I wish we could have seen Broussard face off against those drones. It stands to reason that they let him go for the same reason they let Will go, but I would feel better if I had actually witnessed that...
I'm truly glad both Broussard and Will shared their experience. How many times have we seen situations like that, and one hold out from the other.

But, Katie came to the same conclusion as we did. They're on the "List"! Now, I'm really curious to know what you have to do to get on that list.

Quote:
...So, the LA bloc is going to be eliminated. I wonder how Will and his family escape? And what's to become of Maddie? Will she be saved at the last minute?
I was so surprised Helena didn't let Snyder know about the order. I mean, she saved him from the camp right before it was eliminated, why turn on him now? Especially since he got the goods on both Nolan and Proxy Alcala.

Am I the only one who thinks once he knows, he's going to find Will and expect a favor in return? Snyder saved both Will's like as well as Bram's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I was really hoping that the episode title "Seppuku" related to Bram doing himself away in the traditional Samurai way, or at least sacrificing himself. Unfortunately he's still around...
Lets all hope Mr. Bill never decides to run for Proxy of the L.A. block. Poor Bram!

Quote:
...There's never a plan B with these people, no wonder the Raps are winning the war. Noa could have at least left some verbal instructions in case she didn't make it, but I'm sure the thought that she could be killed never crossed her mind...
What do they do with the gauntlet now? Will made the same point, and then Katie mentioned they have no contacts out of the bloc.

But I was right about them having a "Rap" traitor. Looking forward to our first viewing of one of the aliens.
Old 04-03-17, 08:24 PM   #344
Pi-o-my
Pushes the Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
And it amazes me how many humans are still willing to be complicit in keeping others down so they can live well until they die themselves.

At some point, the real resistance will begin. But by then, there may not be enough people to make it count.
It makes me wonder if TPTB want us viewers to not value humans much...Not a point of view, I'd agree with, btw!

Hodge, I'm wondering if the rescue of Hudson will involve Snyder in some way. I have a feeling he's going to make an escape with the Bowmans and Broussard. (Maybe Morgan will make it out, too.) Though that will defuse some of the tension between alphas Will and Broussard, so maybe not. (The actress playing Katie must be having Walking Dead Shane vs. Rick flashbacks about now.)

Yeah, I can't believe Noa didn't leave contact info behind somewhere. I have to admit to suspicions about whether there really is a turncoat Rap with her people if she's selfish enough to have not left a message.Check her copy of Catch 22, Will!
Pi-o-my is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 09:07 PM   #345
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

One of the big mysteries to me now is why are Will and Broussard being protected by the aliens? What is is about them that the aliens need? Military backgrounds? Physical abilities? THey were singled out and targeted for a reason, and I wonder what that reason is now, and how they can leverage it to further protect themselves, and family, etc.

Also, now that Adrian Pasdar was sent to the factory, maybe we will finally get a look at what it really is. Obviously, the name implies a work camp where something is being made. The question still is what. Need to find that out soon. I am guessing weapons as it is highly radioactive and kills works off quickly. But maybe it is ships with nuclear tech. I dunno.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 09:51 PM   #346
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Didn't we get a glimpse of the factory interior and a view of the Earth in one of the episodes? I don't remember which one, but the Factory is apparently on the Moon. Of course they'll Sci-fi it up and magically have Earth-like artificial gravity. Why not, they're aliens?

If no humans are left on the planet, why do they need weapons? Maybe they are building terraforming equipment, but why couldn't they build them on the Earth? Some specific minerals on the Moon?

Maybe Morgan can upload a virus to the Mothership and take em out.

Spoiler: For Trolls' Eyes Only

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Mr. Bill is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 10:07 PM   #347
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Didn't we get a glimpse of the factory interior and a view of the Earth in one of the episodes?
Yes, in season one when Will's friend who helped him is sent to the factory.

(I'm still bugged by the fact this is called Colony. On the surface, it just doesn't fit the definition and that bothers me.)

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-03-17, 10:50 PM   #348
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-o-my View Post
...Hodge, I'm wondering if the rescue of Hudson will involve Snyder in some way. I have a feeling he's going to make an escape with the Bowmans and Broussard. (Maybe Morgan will make it out, too.) Though that will defuse some of the tension between alphas Will and Broussard, so maybe not...
Pi-o-my, Snyder is like a roach. He'll be the only thing that survives the complete annihilation of the planet.

And now, since Helena is keeping the death-clock to herself, he'll definitely hitch a ride with the Bowman's et al.

You know, we didn't comment on how sad it looked watching Hudson's mom walk thru the barricades guarding the Green Zone. Where is she going? How long will it take to find Katie and the others? And, once she finds them, will she turn them in to gain favor with the Greatest Day's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
One of the big mysteries to me now is why are Will and Broussard being protected by the aliens? What is is about them that the aliens need? Military backgrounds? Physical abilities? THey were singled out and targeted for a reason, and I wonder what that reason is now, and how they can leverage it to further protect themselves, and family, etc...
I agree Lawboy, this is the "mystery of mysteries"!

Sandi, you know what I'd like to see? A screencap of that damn list? I thought I saw my name. Again, because I live in the L.A. bloc, this info would be valuable. Plus, if TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) isn't on it, I'll have to make other arrangements.

Quote:
Didn't we get a glimpse of the factory interior and a view of the Earth in one of the episodes? I don't remember which one, but the Factory is apparently on the Moon. Of course they'll Sci-fi it up and magically have Earth-like artificial gravity. Why not, they're aliens?
Quote:
Yes, in season one when Will's friend who helped him is sent to the factory...
Wasn't it the Pilot, or was it the 2nd episode?

You know Mr. Bill, I still think they're manufacturing something that will make Earth viable for them. Whether that's atmosphere, changing the topography of the planet so they can adapt it to their diets. Something!

Quote:
...Maybe Morgan can upload a virus to the Mothership and take em out.
You've been watching to many SyFy movies. Independence Day!

Quote:
...(I'm still bugged by the fact this is called Colony. On the surface, it just doesn't fit the definition and that bothers me.)
If you look at it from the Aliens POV, it makes perfect sense.
Old 04-03-17, 11:56 PM   #349
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Sandi, you know what I'd like to see? A screencap of that damn list? I thought I saw my name. Again, because I live in the L.A. bloc, this info would be valuable. Plus, if TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) isn't on it, I'll have to make other arrangements. ...
What list are you referring to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
If you look at it from the Aliens POV, it makes perfect sense.
I don't see how.
Quote:
col·o·ny
ˈkälənē/Submit
noun
a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country, typically a distant one, and occupied by settlers from that country.
synonyms: settlement, dependency, protectorate, satellite, territory, outpost, province
"a French colony"
a group of people of one nationality or ethnic group living in a foreign city or country. source
I haven't seen any aliens occupying any areas of earth shown to us -- certainly not the LA Bloc.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-04-17, 01:31 AM   #350
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
What list are you referring to?
Remember in the episode, "The Garden of Beasts", Maddie setup her sister?

Anyway, while escaping, Will jumped into a truck with a screen showing his name and his C02 tolerances. That's the cap I'd like.

Quote:
...I don't see how.

I haven't seen any aliens occupying any areas of earth shown to us -- certainly not the LA Bloc.
They have to "literally" clean house. Eliminate all the roaches (humans) and make it livable for their kind.

Then, they'll be able to turn Earth into a "theme park" colony, where the Aliens can bring the young-ones for vacation.