Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > boonian's first watch of The Leftovers

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 06-12-17, 04:33 AM   #21
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Re: boonian's first watch of The Leftovers

episode 9

the garveys at their best

moment zero so to speak. with a mix or normal and strange events leading up to it. the deer was interesting. chaos madness. other events, not so much. i wish the episode focused on the disappearance and what must have occurred afterward. people though were just standing there or sitting there in disbelief. what happened to all the screaming in episode 1? this episode was almost someone's memory from a decade ahead of what happened in October. Less intense over time.
boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-17, 04:49 AM   #22
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Blew up the Sub

FWIW, now that the series is over, I rescind my recommendation.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-17, 05:12 AM   #23
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

too late i suppose. how long can i raise my fists to the heavens over the cancellation of sense8? that is some sheer madness. this i can embrace to a degree. and you know why? because of rage. if this gdmf cult ever put stuffed replicas in my house i'd murder every last gdmf one of them and with delight in my heart i would turn all their white robes red. i can tell you i rarely felt any of this raw emotion watching sense8 season 2. because that story was diluted almost to the point of non-existence. here---i guess there's something.

this is episode 10 the prodigal son returns. so far i'm only to where nora sees the replicas at her table. find your gun nora. kill all of them.
Old 06-12-17, 05:33 AM   #24
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Blew up the Sub

Yeah, I guess you're in it now, and I can't begrudge you that.

All I can do is tell you-- what we knew from the start-- this is Lindelof. The ending is what you should expect from him.
As long as you're okay with enjoying the journey while expecting jack shit from the destination, you'll be okay.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-17, 06:07 AM   #25
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Most things are no different.

As I guessed the whole town (except for Nora) went into mega-revolt. This cult. Talk about martyr complex. I mean. How can people ever forget? They may carry on with the trappings of daily life, but no one forgot. Go have another cigarette and shut tfu.

I like where Nora ended up. Here there and nowhere. I like her.

Season 2 eventually.

More:
Old 06-13-17, 04:13 AM   #26
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

Season 2

episode 1

Axis Mundi

For a time I thought I was watching the wrong show. The intro credits seem too weirdly different. Plus there's all that mythology at the beginning, which I rather liked. Lots of biblical imagery of course---I mean the writers are likely western-based. But I also simply liked the story of the young pregnant woman separated from her group by the forces of nature. And then her brief bonding with her child who thankfully ends up cared for. Whether this birth and adoption has specific significance or merely runs parallel to the modern tale of another birth and adoption we shall see.

The modern story however drops in vitality. Plus everything is telegraphed. Including the eventual appearance of last season's New Yorkers. I like the two kids of the family and I wish that this episode was even more about them, and their involvement with this strange town. The adults are pretty dull. Even with the goat sacrifice and the bird kept in a box and the sudden depletion of the water and the flailing fish. We'll see what happens next.

More:
Old 06-13-17, 06:36 PM   #27
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

episode 2

a matter of geography

there were hits and misses in this episode. i liked the strange little moments that had little to do with the biggest miss: the telegraphed plot that led the former chief to the waterless river. no i liked the group of mit people and their conversation with nora. i wish there was way more of that. like the setting up of the study. i wonder if their premise is true! of course it's more likely that the stats will be manipulated to fulfill an idea that will make some one even more famous. but i also liked that the main guy communicated that the phenomenon of the departed may happen again. meanwhile everyone heads to miracle, or jarden, or what have you. the garveys lose their rental but buy a dump instead. the house market is so precarious. i don't know. this makes me wonder if miracle/jarden falsified their stats. it seems so much like a carnival town. full of hawkers and conmen. the local color is interesting. back in new york though, i enjoyed the conversation between garvey and the woman who herself focused on her own eye patch. i liked her attitude actually. i didn't care about the guilty remnant either. so even though garvey dug patti up and was caught by the state police, those in power didn't really care about his story. trouble is all that exchange was way more interesting than dad being released from the psych hospital and patti's ghost or whatever she is following garvey around and beating his head against a lit stove. some ghosts in some stories are interesting. but this ghost is not. this ghost is dull dull dull. and now has taken on a mission of seriously stealing valuable screentime and just plain getting in the way.

More:
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »