Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NBA/WNBA Thread

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 02-15-17, 10:59 PM   #2681
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz
Re: NBA/WNBA Thread

LOL! I know right? I thought it was great. Westbrook yelling "I'm comin'!" ("I" not "We", which is his main problem in a nutshell), and Durant saying "You're losing!", which they did, by alot. I felt like it just sort of highlighted the reson that KD is now in blue and gold.

Westbrook is an amazing player, but he isolates himself and tries to win by himself. Triple-doubles are great, and he's great at getting them, but IMO he does not help his team grow and improve. He also makes a lot of underhand comments on social media and then just happens to wait until they're in OKC to talk crap (where was that when they played in Oakland?). I don't know the man, and I know he doesn't have a lot of help there, but he comes across to me as childish and self-centered.

I loved how Green and Curry got their hands on the cupcake shirts and wore them in the post-game interviews, lmao! This team always has each others' backs.

I just think that people have it wrong about KD and why he left. It wasn't about an easy ring or anything like that. He just loves basketball and hates drama, and wanted to play with like-minded people that he likes playing with that actually play like a team instead of the Westbrook show. I know that the fans are disappointed and I don't blame them for that, but man, give the man some respect that put so much of himself into your team and community for 9 years.
Old 02-16-17, 01:40 AM   #2682
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
LOL! I know right? I thought it was great. Westbrook yelling "I'm comin'!" ("I" not "We", which is his main problem in a nutshell), and Durant saying "You're losing!", which they did, by alot. I felt like it just sort of highlighted the reson that KD is now in blue and gold...
Yeah, the back-and-forth went on forever.

Honestly, I hate that their relationship has gone down the drain. Even if you can't play on the same team, you can have respect for a former player.

Look at the "King" James and DWade! LeBron left the Heat, but they're still the best of friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
...Westbrook is an amazing player, but he isolates himself and tries to win by himself. Triple-doubles are great, and he's great at getting them, but IMO he does not help his team grow and improve. He also makes a lot of underhand comments on social media and then just happens to wait until they're in OKC to talk crap (where was that when they played in Oakland?). I don't know the man, and I know he doesn't have a lot of help there, but he comes across to me as childish and self-centered...
I couldn't agree more.

If you ask me, that had a lot to do with KD leaving. As you mentioned, a lot of times he isolates for himself. Now, he's improved quit a bit. I remember several seasons ago, he'd play so out of control it would be hard follow.
Old 02-17-17, 01:16 AM   #2683
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

The scores this year have been off the richter! And it's not lack of defense, it's that the whole "up-tempo" concept has finally gone league-wide!

PLEASE take the time to review the most important thread in our forum. Even if you can't read every word and watch every video, make an effort to wrap your head around the implications; every aspect of every life on the planet WILL be impacted by these emerging technologies, and only exposure and knowledge stands a chance at seeing to it that these technologies are used to benefit humanity rather than to subjugate us.

The thread: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=85755

No matter what you may think of the OP himself, i urge you to keep an open mind to the facts he is presenting in the thread.

Spoiler: Important ad for our astore, with helpful links
Amazon gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e
As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »