Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Marvel's - The Punisher

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 11-18-17, 10:08 PM   #11
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Re: Marvel's - The Punisher

Rotten Tomatoes ratings for Netflix Marvel shows:
  • Daredevil (Season 1): 98%
  • Daredevil (Season 2): 74%
  • Jessica Jones (Season 1): 92%
  • Luke Cage (Season 1): 95%
  • Iron Fist: 17%
  • The Defenders: 74%
  • The Punisher: 67%
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-18-17, 10:37 PM   #12
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Spoiler: Episode 1

Recap: "Frank finds and kills the last members of the criminals groups which ended his family's lives: the Dogs of Hell bikers, the sole survivor of the Mexican Cartel of NYC, and the last member of the Kitchen Irish. Six months later, Frank (now going by Pete Castiglione) has been working as a construction hand breaking down walls for 12+ hrs a day, living in a rundown apartment with nightmares about his family. He is helped by friend Curtis Hoyle, who runs a support group of retired servicemen feeling screwed over by their leaders. One night, new kid Donny goes out with some guys from work to rob a mobster, only for Donny to slip and drop his wallet, exposing his driver's license. Frank kills the gang before they kill Donny, and proceeds to kill the mobsters before they find Donny. As this happens, David Lieberman tracks Frank by using a Gait tracking software. Meanwhile, Dinah Madani gains a new posting in Homeland Security, striving to gain a task force to find out who killed her partner Ahmed Zubair of the Afghan National Police, who was undercover investigating a heroin ring. Her new DHS partner Sam Stein urges her to be cautious around their boss Carson Wolff, who immediately denigrates her choice to pursue this case." Source

I thought it was a pretty good premiere, the action scenes towards the end of the episode were great. The character was great in Daredevil as a secondary character, not yet convinced that he will work as the main character for a full 13 episodes.

The series is really dark, much more so than the other Marvel Netflix shows. I'm hoping that there will be some light moments or this season will be hard to watch.

Old 11-18-17, 11:09 PM   #13
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

I hate that number. 67%! That doesn't bode well.

FF made a comment earlier in the thread about the 13 episodes, whether that's to many for the series. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 11-19-17, 12:07 AM   #14
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Spoiler: Episode 2
This was mostly a setup episode. Introduced Micro.
Showed us Karen again.

I thought the interrogation scene with Wolf was well done. Frank got his questions answered after Wolf thought he had the upper hand and had captured Frank. I briefly thought Frank had messed up - should have known he let himself get bested on purpose.

Not sure yet what to make of the Homeland security agent - I assume she will pursue Frank but end up becoming his ally. Also unsure about the guy from Anvil - he claims to be Frank's friend, but working for a Private Military Company increases the probability of him being a bad guy.

Hoping this picks up and lightens up a little in the next episode.

It would be nice to see Claire (Rosario Dawson), but I don't think she's in The Punisher.
Old 11-19-17, 12:11 AM   #15
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
I hate that number. 67%! That doesn't bode well.

FF made a comment earlier in the thread about the 13 episodes, whether that's to many for the series. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
67% isn't horrible, 2/3 of the critics liked it.

13 episodes might be a little long. I'm only through two episodes and I definitely found the 2nd episode slow. It's better than network shows that do 20+ episodes a season.
Old 11-19-17, 06:11 AM   #16
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

I've watched all of the episodes now. I really liked the casting/acting but felt it was a bit too predictable for my tastes and it didn't need 13 episodes. I did skip through some scenes starting around episode 7. I thought they handled the character much better in Season 2 of Daredevil.

Just enjoy it for what it is!
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 12:05 AM   #17
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Spoiler: Episode 4
Action scenes are great. I've liked the scenes with Frank and Micro's family - it shows a softer side of Frank which is nice.

I'm on the fence on all the supporting characters so far. Micro, the DHS Agent and the soldiers Frank served with.

Still waiting for the bad guy to reveal himself.
Old 11-22-17, 12:32 AM   #18
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Spoiler: Episode 4
Action scenes are great. I've liked the scenes with Frank and Micro's family - it shows a softer side of Frank which is nice.

I'm on the fence on all the supporting characters so far. Micro, the DHS Agent and the soldiers Frank served with.

Still waiting for the bad guy to reveal himself.
Really?

Spoiler: spoiler from comic book published in the '90s
It's the Kingpin.

Unless they've changed things since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 12:44 AM   #19
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mo View Post
Really?

Spoiler: spoiler from comic book published in the '90s
It's the Kingpin.

Unless they've changed things since then.
Spoiler: spoilers from Daredevil Season 2 and Punisher so far
Kingpin was a bad guy in the first 2 seasons of Daredevil. The Punisher was also in the second season of Daredevil and squared off against Kingpin a little.

So far the bad guy seems to be a CIA agent known as Agent Orange who sent Frank and others on missions in Afghanistan. It's been hinted that he is responsible for killing Frank's family, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone else behind things - possibly Kingpin or possible one of Frank's friends from Afghanistan who seem like good guys so far.
Old 11-22-17, 01:33 AM   #20
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Spoiler: spoilers from Daredevil Season 2 and Punisher so far
Kingpin was a bad guy in the first 2 seasons of Daredevil. The Punisher was also in the second season of Daredevil and squared off against Kingpin a little.

So far the bad guy seems to be a CIA agent known as Agent Orange who sent Frank and others on missions in Afghanistan. It's been hinted that he is responsible for killing Frank's family, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone else behind things - possibly Kingpin or possible one of Frank's friends from Afghanistan who seem like good guys so far.
I don't want to give away too much just in case they stay true to the original, and also so i don't look too stupid when they don't. I'm really just posting to sub.

BUT

Spoiler: very minor comic character spoiler
Have you met The Black Cat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »