Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead > The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-17, 12:50 AM   #1
nsguy
Moderator
Cons the Conman
 
nsguy's Avatar
The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE


The Walking Dead
SEASON PREMIERE

S08E01 - "Mercy"
Sunday, October 22 9/8C on AMC


Spoiler: Season 8 Trailer and Episode Description


In the Season 8 premiere, Rick and his group, along with the Kingdom and Hilltop, band together to bring the fight to Negan and the Saviors. Source
nsguy is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 05:37 AM   #2
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

They could have just shot Negan as soon as he walked out ...
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 06:31 AM   #3
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Someone posted this on reddit. cracked me up (Arrested Development reference)

Rick-"This is the end of it"

Ron Howard narrarator- "It would not be the end of it"
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 03:50 PM   #4
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey
 
Zaphod of Whiskers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Posts: 8,012
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Spoiler: read after watching


Frustrating! This keeping Negan alive story is starting to wear thin with me, esp with all the chances to take him out.

And why didn't our dear Father just back the vehicle up to Gregory to let him in, and then drive away? You've got mobile cover, USE IT. Speaking of, I was hoping when Gregory got tossed down the stairs, it was to a waiting zombie.

Aww Carl feeding the outcast - I doubt we've seen the last of him (tho I hope he has a can opener.)




be sure to catch Talking Dead on AMC.com, very good 100th episode - they got the entire old cast together with the new. direct link if ya want it: http://www.amc.com/shows/talking-dea...-dead-on-mercy
__________________


Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night

Last edited by Zaphod of Whiskers; 10-23-17 at 05:58 PM.
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 07:19 PM   #5
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
Spoiler: read after watching


Frustrating! This keeping Negan alive story is starting to wear thin with me, esp with all the chances to take him out.

And why didn't our dear Father just back the vehicle up to Gregory to let him in, and then drive away? You've got mobile cover, USE IT. Speaking of, I was hoping when Gregory got tossed down the stairs, it was to a waiting zombie.

Aww Carl feeding the outcast - I doubt we've seen the last of him (tho I hope he has a can opener.)



be sure to catch Talking Dead on AMC.com, very good 100th episode - they got the entire old cast together with the new. direct link if ya want it: http://www.amc.com/shows/talking-dea...-dead-on-mercy
I can't stand Chris Hardwick anymore so I don't watch the Talking Dead these days. He is just a shill and not a voice for the fans. He didn't even have the balls to call them out on the Glenn dumpster shenanigans or the lame cliffhanger with Negan's kill.

I read that the actor who plays eugene asked why the ricksters didn't just shoot negan when he was standing there and that Hardwick changed the subject.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 08:01 PM   #6
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey
 
Zaphod of Whiskers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Posts: 8,012
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

I hear you FF, Hardwick can be a bit much to take - but I wanted to hear what all the actors had to say, esp the ones we haven't seen in awhile. Eugene DID say he wondered why Rick didn't just waste Negan - and yep, CH changed the subject.
__________________


Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 08:45 PM   #7
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt
 
Lawboy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The mountains of Utah
Posts: 6,493
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

I want to punch Scott Gimple in the face every time I see that guy for his writing choices. He treats his audience as fools to create fake drama. A real person would have blown Negan away first chance they got. Not let him monologue for so damn long.

But hey, let's create IRONY. Gabriel could have gotten away. Easy. But he goes to save Hilltop Drunk dumbass no one likes. Only to run into box of a room surrounded by walkers. but GASP!--Negan is in the room too. So Gabriel is gonna crap his pants. Yet Gabriel is the one with the gun and could easily start firing and wound or kill Negan. Yet does nothing.

These writing choices make me so angry. I quit watching FTWD for the same reason, and I will quit this show too if they keep it up. You can be realistic and still create drama. These contrivances are maddening. And it is all Gimble knows how to do because he isn't smart enough to create legit scenarios to make it work.
__________________


Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-17, 08:53 PM   #8
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt
 
FrodoFraggins's Avatar
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
I want to punch Scott Gimple in the face every time I see that guy for his writing choices. He treats his audience as fools to create fake drama. A real person would have blown Negan away first chance they got. Not let him monologue for so damn long.

But hey, let's create IRONY. Gabriel could have gotten away. Easy. But he goes to save Hilltop Drunk dumbass no one likes. Only to run into box of a room surrounded by walkers. but GASP!--Negan is in the room too. So Gabriel is gonna crap his pants. Yet Gabriel is the one with the gun and could easily start firing and wound or kill Negan. Yet does nothing.

These writing choices make me so angry. I quit watching FTWD for the same reason, and I will quit this show too if they keep it up. You can be realistic and still create drama. These contrivances are maddening. And it is all Gimble knows how to do because he isn't smart enough to create legit scenarios to make it work.
yep, they should have left negan inside and covered - to talk with them. There really is no downside to killing Negan right away. Lazy writers.

What sucks is that Gimple is taking over FTWD when they actually had a better season than TWD has had for years.

The comics get really bad after this current arc in the comics so it doesn't really bode well for their 20 year plans for the show.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-17, 12:04 AM   #9
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue
 
Dark Side Of The Moon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 252
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
Someone posted this on reddit. cracked me up (Arrested Development reference)

Rick-"This is the end of it"

Ron Howard narrarator- "It would not be the end of it"
Yes! I just burst out laughing!

I often, very often, have to remind myself that I'm essentially watching a comic strip. The dialogue, editing, ... all of it is misshapen as to what it would be in reality, much like a comic strip. I don't remember ever bitching about a comic strip not being 'real' enough. Through that lens, it all makes sense, and frankly, sans that pov, I might have to stop watching.

Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 10-24-17 at 12:11 AM.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-17, 07:20 AM   #10
Cr8tor
Of the Bubs
Stares Down Smokey
 
Cr8tor's Avatar
Re: The Walking Dead S08E01 "Mercy" - SEASON PREMIERE

Eh. Ready to stop watching. Negan storyline could have been solved already. They had no problem taking out the sentries on top of the buildings. Sniper shot to Negan and be done with it.

And now we have flashforward / vision type of story telling going on? :jumpship:
__________________
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours
Don't be late
Cr8tor is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Reply
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > The Walking Dead »


Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


» Latest Posts: All Discussion Forums
Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Forum
RIP David Cassidy
Zaphod of Whiskers
Today 07:05 PM
by Mr. Bill
1 Music General Discussion
What's New/Countdown to Thanksgiving ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
catnap
Today 07:05 PM
by ollie
9,239 Lostaways! :)
Woody's: One anti-inflammatory from... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Frecklestoo
Today 06:53 PM
by nsguy
5,489 Lostaways! :)
Rock's Greatest Front Man
Hodgepodge
Today 04:05 PM
by Zaphod of Whiskers
4 Music General Discussion
The Official Soccer (Or Call It... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
TheBigCat
Today 03:10 PM
by TheBigCat
4,191 Sports Discussion
Designated Survivor - ABC Wednesday ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
nsguy
Today 11:12 AM
by nsguy
191 Featured TV General
Marvel's - The Punisher ( 1 2 3)
nsguy
Today 02:34 AM
by FrodoFraggins
21 Featured TV General
Godspeed, Della Reese
azteclady
Today 02:17 AM
by Hodgepodge
6 Actors and Directors
2017-2018 NFL Pro Football Pick'ems ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Brian
Today 01:53 AM
by Hodgepodge
72 Sports Discussion
NFL Thread Pt. II ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
TheBigCat
Today 12:27 AM
by Mr Mo
7,148 Sports Discussion
Sons of Anarchy: Season 7 Episode 13:... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
klh
Yesterday 10:56 PM
by Mr Mo
59 Sons of Anarchy
Rate The Last Movie You Watched ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
Scott
Yesterday 10:53 PM
by Mr Mo
3,620 Movies General Discussion
» Online Users: 270
6 members and 264 guests
azteclady, brdmom, nsguy, ollie, Warthawg1, Zaphod of Whiskers
Most users ever online was 26,316, 05-12-14 at 11:02 AM.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.0

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Graphic Design by Crazy Creative
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.