Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Humans - AMC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 03-20-17, 02:34 PM   #101
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

Re: Humans - AMC Monday

I skimmed most of season 1 but have become a lot more interested since s2 started, and haven't missed an episode since. Therefore...

*subscribe*
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-17, 05:56 PM   #102
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

The two hour finale had some hits and some misses.

Athena and Milo
I'm disappointed in Athena's story arc. There just wasn't enough development to truly sympathize with Athena and there aren't the necessary threads which leads to her ultimate conclusions in the finale.

Athena was successful in developing an AI -- namely V. Her initial intent was to transfer V to her daughter's comatose body and thus reclaim her daughter. Athena is ruthless in her quest and willing to let other AI's (the synths) including David Elster's first synths die so that her AI, V -- should go forward. So Athena's daughter doesn't survive long enough for Athena to research transferring V into her. Once her daughter's comatose body slips away, Athena develops a conscious and cannot bring herself to sacrifice any of the conscious synths in order to transfer V into them. (I don't know where that came from.) But OK -- V doesn't want a stinky old body anyway. V likes the digital world and separates herself from Milo's systems, moving to a different and secret digital destination.

Milo accosts Athena as she's leaving and tries to convince her that his motive was pure.

My Conclusion -- a hurried end to Athena's story -- it was just the launching pad for another life form -- V -- to exist elsewhere -- independent from the synths and lurking just around the corner -- come what may in the coming altercations between humans and synths.

Karen
Karen is ready to commit suicide. She is without Pete (killed by sociopath synth Hester) and left with a synth child robot. She tries to power down but the synth child plugs her in and charges her. So, Karen spends some time with the synth child and then decides to use him to end things for both of them. She places him as the driver of her car and has it set up for him to drive the car into the ocean or some body of water.

Max, Leo, Mia and Mattie
Probably the kindest of Elster's original synths. He has gone about his plan in rescuing other synths who are gaining consciousness and has established a home for them in an abandoned rail-yard. Max helped rescue Leo after his failed attempt to rescue synths at the silo and has brought him back to his community where Mattie and Mia join them.

Hester and Laura
Hester shows up at Laura's doorstep claiming to be a synth named Molly and told to come there by Leo and Mia because she would be safe there until they could collect her. But she's after Mattie's code which will give consciousness to all the synths. We know Hester is a sociopath and has already killed several people. When Laura talks to Mattie, she finds out that Molly is Hester and is told she's in danger.

Leo and Mia set off to rescue Laura from Hester. The plan is for Mia to keep her distance and Mattie will send a signal that will "kill" Hester via a chip inserted into her at the Silo. (Mia has to remain at a distance from Leo and Hester since she also has a chip.)

But the plan doesn't go as planned -- Hester stabs Leo with the intent to kill him. Mia rushes into the house and tells Mattie to send the signal even though it will kill her as well. Mattie sends the signal and both Hester and Mia fall over.

It's determined that if Mattie uploads her code and enters it so all synths will become conscious that Mia can be saved -- otherwise she will permanently die. Mattie uploads the code and synths everywhere start gaining consciousness, including ...

... the synth boy driving the car into the ocean. He becomes frightened and cries out -- grabbing for Karen. Karen is able to stop the car and embraces the boy.

... all the Seraphs in Milo's lab. All those little children are now conscious and Milo is delighted. (This is the saddest thing. Looking to the future -- no matter how these synth children develop, they will always be trapped in children's bodies.)

... Mia.

... Hester. Thankfully, Niska arrives at the right time and takes Hester out.

And so ends season 2. Hopefully we'll get a season 3.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-17, 08:20 PM   #103
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Carries Big Stick

It doesn't look good for a season 3, at least not as a co-production of AMC and the BBC. It looks like airing two weeks earlier in Europe than in the US may have put a large crimp in US ratings.

The show is certainly popular enough to make enough money to justify a third season, but season 3 will face enormous logistical hurdles.

I wish it the best, i was really starting to enjoy it, and it had the potential to go truly deep on us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-27-17, 08:42 PM   #104
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Not so sure how I got so far behind, but I just finished episode 5 last night.

I thought it was an excellent episode.

Hester and Leo have followed the car caring the synth back to the Silo. She asks him a very important question that he couldn't answer. "Has any great change been accomplished, any unjust oppression ever overturned without violence?" I found this question scary, but also true. It's also one of the major points in this season.

Both Leo and Hester follow a girl who they recognized as one of the people who helped with the other synth. This woman realizes she's being followed and takes off running. She's rundown by Hester who strikes a blow that incapacitates her.

Then it gets very scary. She tells Leo she can get the info required to gain access to the Silo. Both Leo and the viewing audience knows exactly what she's talking about. Leo agrees, but makes Hester promise to leave the girl alive. She concurs a Leo leaves her to get the vital information.

Hester makes it back to the rendezvous spot and tells Leo how to get into the Silo. We find out at the end of the episode, Hester did exactly what she promised not to do. She killed the girl and left her floating in a pond. Hester is a psychopath and I can't understand why. Can you?

Laura and Niska are in the final stage of the hearing. Laura thinks they have a good chance to prove their point, and gain Niska a human trial. Niska doesn't believe the hype.

She reads the lips of the "judge" and prosecutor and realizes they've already made up their minds. She's never going to leave this facility. So she evens the score.

The brilliant Mattie has developed a mature code taken from the code she stole from her mother. This new code will wake up every Synth to full maturity at the same time. She used the word "Revolution", talking about this event. And, that's exactly what you'd have if all Synth's became conscious at the same time.

If you remember from the last episode, Mia was "turned off" and in essence, kidnapped. We find Ed and his buddy meeting with a couple of people who are willing to buy Mia if what Ed said is true.

He wakes Mia up and tells her he doesn't want to do this, but he wants his mother to stay in the home. Mia assures him they'll come up with a way, but he can only see her as $$$ signs.

What he doesn't realize, she's made some changes to her code so it looks like she's nothing more than a "normal" Synth. After the people check, they inform Ed and his buddy of the same.

Ed has no idea what's happened, but they leave Mia in the street, and take off. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Dr. Athena Morrow is in her office when she gets a call from, I assume, her husband/ex-husband. It seems their daughter has died. Remember, she was in a coma after falling from a great height awhile back.

What's really strange, her "computer" daughter realizes she's the embodiment of Athena's real daughter. Another awakening!

Really touching when Athena tells her daughter's father to go ahead with the arrangements, she won't be attending the services. She's not willing to accept the girls death, because she's has her consciousness stored in a computer.

Strange portion of the episode was Toby going over to Renie's house. She invites him in, and they go up to her room. She gives him the code to her Administrative privileges.

Toby inputs the codes, then Renie tries to kiss him. Here's where the strange part comes in. Toby backs away from her. I always thought he was nothing more than hormones run amok, so what happened? His rejection infuriates Renie and she asks him to leave.
Old 03-27-17, 09:36 PM   #105
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Toby backs away from her. I always thought he was nothing more than hormones run amok, so what happened?
While Toby is a normal teenage boy, he does have a moral compass. Do you remember when he finally had it out with his father when his father changed Mia's programming for the same thing? Toby was upset with his father and ashamed of what his father did to Mia.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »