Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > The Americans - FX Tuesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-26-17, 05:36 AM   #331
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Re: The Americans - FX Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentstuntdbl#23 View Post
I think the Elizabeth was kinda messed up in her own way after the killing.
I'm kinda surprised that Phillip would want to go back.
Although I see why he would want this all to be over.
Why did Mischa (Phillip's son) go back to Russia?
Wonder WTF is gonna happen in the finale?!
I'm pretty sure after Gabriel talked to him and told him they couldn't let him see his father, they sent him back. Don't think he had a choice
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-17, 01:42 PM   #332
nsguy
Cons the Conman

The Americans
SEASON FINALE

S05E13, "The Soviet Division"
Tuesday - May 30, 2017
10/9c - FX

Spoiler: Episode Promo and Description

"In the season finale, Philip and Elizabeth race against the clock as a life hangs in the balance, while Stan faces an uncertain future." Source
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-17, 04:07 PM   #333
topcat
Follows the Cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimny72 View Post
Yep, I think seeing how scared and confused Martha was really left a mark, and then killing that guy in the lab only to find out that the work was humanitarian not a weapon was the last straw. He looked so anguished trying to decide first whether that woman was the Nazi cooperator in the first place and then whether she really deserved to die.

When Elizabeth said at the end of the episode that she thinks it's time for them to go, was it out of concern for Phillip? And I can't imagine how their kids could EVER get used to living in Soviet Russia. Especially with Henry just seeing this path to opportunity and privilege open up to him.
BINGO! Yes, I agree with all you said.
From the beginning of the show, I thought that their eventual return to the USSR would be a huge problem with respect to their children. The kids are Americans. It was an enormous risk telling Paige the truth. The turmoil that caused her drove her to spill the beans to the pastor (and I keep waiting for that to blow up. Once the pastor takes the job in South America, will he remain faithful to his promise to Paige to keep silent about her parents? I can see it playing out badly. What if the CIA approaches him once outside the country, develops a working relationship with him? They could do this by assisting him in helping kids or something, and once they gained his trust, he might spill the beans.) Of course Paige is now close to her mother, she has changed her thinking about America and the USSR, and she might be OK with the idea.
But Henry still has no idea. He is totally an American. He liked visiting the FBI. He is a very smart kid and is just the sort of young person who would be recruited by our intelligence services. Henry's loyalties are completely with America. How could Philip and Elizabeth talk of Henry adjusting to being uprooted and whisked away to the Soviet Union? The way they were talking it was as if they felt the language would be the biggest hurdle for him, and that since he is a smart kid he could manage it quickly. They aren't just moving to a different town, leaving friends behind. They aren't just changing schools.
What about the devastating news that his parents are spies for the enemy of his country? And America is Henry's country, he is an American.
If they ever took Henry back to the Soviet Union, he would probably run to the American Embassy.

This could be a great plot twist of course. Henry could wind up being an American asset in the USSR. That would be cool.

Last edited by topcat; 05-30-17 at 05:38 PM.
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-02-17, 02:12 PM   #334
nsguy
Cons the Conman

Disappointing finale for me. I don't mind it when shows move slow and set things up, but I would have liked for more to happen in the finale.
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-17, 04:29 AM   #335
kimny72
Seeks Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Disappointing finale for me. I don't mind it when shows move slow and set things up, but I would have liked for more to happen in the finale.
I agree, it felt like they were just setting everything up for next season.

I agree there will be something up with Pastor Tim next season, nobody gets to just ride off into the sunset on this show

I also def think we were supposed to read something into Stan's girlfriend suggesting that he should stay with his department, it didn't seem like a natural thing for her to say, especially with the limited info he's told her about it. I can't remember any previous red herrings on the show, so I doubt at this point they are yanking our chain with her.

I really hope adopting makes Martha happy, poor thing.

I wonder if the Center will agree to let Phillip kind of take a back seat and just have Elizabeth working any new angles. I saw a blog post last week about Phillip Jennings: The Saddest Man on TV, and it's true. I don't think he even remembers how to smile

That kid they were working with is a little jerk. Thinks he knows everything, I was glad Elizabeth gave it to him, though honestly I thought she went easy on him!
kimny72 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-17, 12:10 PM   #336
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

The season finale was so anticlimactic that I didn't even realize it was the season finale.
Dark Side Of The Moon is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »