Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > TV News > New Star Trek TV Series: Star Trek: Discovery

Old 11-04-15, 05:06 PM   #11
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Re: New Star Trek TV Series: January 2017

I think it means that the pilot would be aired on CBS Broadcast network, then the remaining episodes will only be available through CBS All Access at $6 per month. Add that cost on top of other streaming services such as HBO-Go, Netflix, etc. For me it isn't worth it for CBS content only. If they dump the episodes, maybe I'll do what I do for HBO go, subscribe for a couple months to watch them, but I'm sick of having to subscribe to these services to watch a single show. I think it's going to be the norm.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 11-04-15 at 05:32 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-11-15, 02:20 AM   #12
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Sacred Symbols Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Chap Hai Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I think it means that the pilot would be aired on CBS Broadcast network, then the remaining episodes will only be available through CBS All Access at $6 per month. Add that cost on top of other streaming services such as HBO-Go, Netflix, etc. For me it isn't worth it for CBS content only. If they dump the episodes, maybe I'll do what I do for HBO go, subscribe for a couple months to watch them, but I'm sick of having to subscribe to these services to watch a single show. I think it's going to be the norm.
That's my understanding. I'll just find "other" ways to watch it. I think it will be a failure for their streaming service.

I'm much more of a Babylon 5, BSG and Farscape fan than a fan of the Trek shows other than TOS. I found Trek and Stargate to be too formulaic for my tastes.

I think I read it will not be in the re-imagined Abrams Universe. That surprises me to be honest.

Last edited by FrodoFraggins; 12-11-15 at 02:26 AM.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-16, 01:20 PM   #13
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

From tvguide.com

CBS Unveils New Star Trek Logo and Teaser

Not much of a teaser, IMO.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-16, 06:02 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
I think it means that the pilot would be aired on CBS Broadcast network, then the remaining episodes will only be available through CBS All Access at $6 per month...
I just read Sandi's link, and you're right on the money, Mr. Bill.

I'm not gung-ho about buying another series either, but I might make an exception because they're going to include the Good Wife spin-off as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
...I think I read it will not be in the re-imagined Abrams Universe. That surprises me to be honest.
It surprises me too, FF. Especially since a couple of the Exec. Producers of the current movie franchise are behind this new series too.
Old 05-19-16, 09:45 PM   #15
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

It would be interesting to know when this episode will be set, post Voyager or perhaps a time leading up to TOS? I'm kind of interested in exploring Captain Pike's adventures, before Spock comes aboard.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*
Old 05-19-16, 09:49 PM   #16
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
It would be interesting to know when this episode will be set, post Voyager or perhaps a time leading up to TOS? I'm kind of interested in exploring Captain Pike's adventures, before Spock comes aboard.
Damn Mr. Bill! You know senility has a hold of me, but didn't we do that some years ago? I'm trying to remember the actor who played Pike or was it another Captain. You wouldn't happen to remember would you? I remember this iteration took place earlier in the mythology.
Old 05-19-16, 09:58 PM   #17
9mile monster
Calls Ann Arbor weekly
Escapes the Cage

At first this seemed like a dream come true. The muffled trumpet sang the song and goosebumps appeared. Then reading more fully, I see that if I want to watch it, I've got to pay to watch it.
Hells no to that. How disappointing.
Old 05-19-16, 11:31 PM   #18
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Damn Mr. Bill! You know senility has a hold of me, but didn't we do that some years ago? I'm trying to remember the actor who played Pike or was it another Captain. You wouldn't happen to remember would you? I remember this iteration took place earlier in the mythology.
Jeffrey Hunter

You'll remember him from The Searchers with John Wayne.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-19-16, 11:33 PM   #19
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
In the JJ Verse (new movies), Bruce Greenwood played Capt Pike, mentor to Kirk and the person who invited him into Star Fleet and original captain of Enterprise. Unfortunately he died in the last film.

In the "prime universe", before the wormhole that changed history and made Kirk a Frat-Boy, we only saw Pike in the original series pilot, "The Cage" and the two- part, "The Menagerie", which was based on "The Cage". Spock was the only character to serve with both crews. I think there's a whole history to explore with Pike as Captain of the Enterprise, before Spock came on board and obviously before Kirk took over as Captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
At first this seemed like a dream come true. The muffled trumpet sang the song and goosebumps appeared. Then reading more fully, I see that if I want to watch it, I've got to pay to watch it.
Hells no to that. How disappointing.
That's exactly how I feel, 9MM. Pretty soon, all networks will have separate streaming channels. I don't want to pay for CBS-only access, that's why I pay a monthly subscription to Netflix.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 05-19-16 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-19-16, 11:43 PM   #20
Zaphod of Whiskers
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

what a great business plan, CBS. You are already fighting against cable, satellite, AND online viewing of tv shows, all competing for our precious viewing. And now you're going to charge us extra for what will hopefully be a good show. Sheer brilliance there, guys. Makes us think really highly of you moneygrubbers. Instead of lining your pockets for the measly $6, sell the show to Netflix or Hulu so they can add it to their lineup. At least their services are reasonable and offer a slew of shows, not just 1 or 2 goodies. ZoW<----irritated at networks in general.

Should have taken warning, it's just
People ignoring
Running, hiding, lost
You can't find, find a place to go, so it's
Red skies at night
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > TV News »