Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Chairing Under the Influence

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 11-22-17, 09:06 PM   #9241
Long Con
Talks Backwards

Re: What's New/Countdown to Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawaret View Post
My mom does ours really simply. She cuts small incisions into the skin and inserts pats of butter in random spots all over the bird. The only external seasonings are salt & pepper. She stuffs it w/ oranges, rosemary & onions. We do our cornbread "stuffing" separately casserole style w/ the traditional onion & celery and add pine nuts and craisins.
Sounds good. Stuffing in the bird really has such a great taste. We use onion, celery, turkey liver, salt, pepper, garlic, bread and chicken soup. Went from Gram to Mom and soon to me. I let her make it as she does such a good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mile monster View Post
Whoa! What flavor does the Kahlua impart? Some sweetness I suppose. Sounds very interesting.

Tawaret, I'm doing it very simple as well as your mom, but I'm adding slivered almonds to my stuffing.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all here at What's New.
Yes, it makes it a bit sweet and the skin has such a great taste. We fight over all the skin till it's gone. My wife found that one and we have been using it for years. Even my Mom likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I’ve been invited to dinner on Sunday by some American friends to celebrate Thanksgiving with them. As a gift I was just gonna take some booze but I was wondering if there is a traditional or customary gift that would be better?? They’re close friends so it doesn’t have to be a formal or politically correct gift as such.

I’ll take some booze anyway, but your helpful ideas/suggestions will be welcomed.

And happy Thanksgiving to everyone for tomorrow.
Hope you like a good old American Thanksgiving! Curious if you do anything different in England. Maybe you can do a compare after the meal?
As for the gift, booze is always welcomed by everyone. Some Kahlua, Anisette or nice bottle of wine. If you showed up here with a Banana Creme Pie I would be your best friend forever!!

Hope you all have a safe and festive Thanksgiving!!

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Long Con is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 09:35 PM   #9242
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

I still have to catch up here, but things are a bit crazy right now. My niece is still not feeling well and when they went BACK to the doctor's today, they started suggesting a trip to Children's Hospital in Boston, which on the busiest travel day of the year, would take about 4 hours to get there. And if she was dangerously ill that would be one thing, but it's more that the doctor here can't figure out what's going on, and I guess figured if the go to Children's to get more blood tests, and they find something more, they will be at the best place possible.

However, she's not lethargic, she's playing and eating, etc. Only a slight fever. It seems like it might be overkill and their pediatrician at home told them to just keep an eye on how she is for the rest of the night. He thinks it could be a combo of TWO things, a virus (hand foot mouth) and some kind of synovitis ("growing pains", inflammation of the hip joint that will resolve).

Anyway, please wish us luck for a Thanksgiving here instead of at a hospital and that she feels better so her parents can relax!

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 10:11 PM   #9243
Long Con
Talks Backwards

Hey Catnap - Sorry to hear about your niece. Hope she gets better so you guys can enjoy the holiday.
So keep an eye on her, enjoy the family visit and the Hospital should be a last resort from the info you provided.

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Long Con is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 10:37 PM   #9244
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

yeah Cat, hope she feels better soon and hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Little dog David, I must look like a fool.
I should've remembered you'd be forgetting my smell, well.
Give me a week or two to recapture my cool, I've got stories to tell
about how I snatched the devil's catch and out ran the hounds of hell.
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 10:51 PM   #9245
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Best wishes to all, especially catnap's neice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 11:34 PM   #9246
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Thanks all

We just put out a fire in our oven. It's a bit smoky in here.

And FWIW, my hubby, our supposed cook, is to blame for this. He's 0 for 2 this weekend. Last night, I asked him to cook some burgers outside (this was at night, after dinner), just so we'd have them for guests and b/c they needed to be cooked.

He put them on, poured a glass of wine, and forgot about them.

Tonight he made some dessert that I guess got butter all over the bottom of oven. Then he went to heat the over for french fries for the kids and the grease caught.

Silver lining, if he didn't do that tonight, it would have been the turkeys on fire tomorrow.

Also, I already made the stuffing and I SLAYED it.

catnap is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-22-17, 11:54 PM   #9247
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
Thanks all

We just put out a fire in our oven. It's a bit smoky in here.

And FWIW, my hubby, our supposed cook, is to blame for this. He's 0 for 2 this weekend. Last night, I asked him to cook some burgers outside (this was at night, after dinner), just so we'd have them for guests and b/c they needed to be cooked.

He put them on, poured a glass of wine, and forgot about them.

Tonight he made some dessert that I guess got butter all over the bottom of oven. Then he went to heat the over for french fries for the kids and the grease caught.

Silver lining, if he didn't do that tonight, it would have been the turkeys on fire tomorrow.
Man, he's Catnappin' all over the place.

Quote:

Also, I already made the stuffing and I SLAYED it.
YAY!!!

Grocery shopping was a success. Now I need a glass of wine.

Need to make tonight:

The crab soup (minus the crab, that goes in tomorrow)
Apple pie
Bread pudding

And I'll make the rolls tomorrow before we go down, they can do their second rise in the car.

Yay for not hosting.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-17, 12:07 AM   #9248
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

My son is on a “date” tonight and before he left with his mum to go pick the young lady up, he told me he needed some Febreeze.

I asked why, and he told me it was because his cast was beginning to “smell like Satan’s booty hole”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-17, 12:46 AM   #9249
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

That's a definite turn-off.

Love is no part of the dream-world. Love belongs to desire, and desire is always cruel.

Old 11-23-17, 12:47 AM   #9250
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Well, for most people, I assume.

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »