Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor > Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Old 09-30-17, 01:53 PM   #21
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

Re: Survivor: Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
What I would like is some ability to play an idol anonymously.
I like this idea. Maybe it could be done using some subtle gesture by the player, e.g. a blink, or crossing their legs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Also, IMO this is one of the greatest casts of the past 10 seasons.
When the geeks are the most inspiring characters, I'm generally bored.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-30-17, 03:31 PM   #22
scotpgot
bottle rockets
Brainwashed in Room 23

Send a message via AIM to scotpgot Send a message via MSN to scotpgot Send a message via Yahoo to scotpgot Send a message via Skype™ to scotpgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
They might as well direct it so that everyone finds an idol. Then each week we can watch the bickering drama about who voted for who, but no one goes home and the show goes on forever or until people just quit.
Or they just send Cirie home with no votes every week.
Old 09-30-17, 03:42 PM   #23
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Or, they could go back to basics. What is it with all these presents that original survivors had to really find, work for? Now it's all given.

It's basically a show about getting a tan with less and less clothing. With scruffy beards and hairy underarms. (and I'll never understand why women, with much less body smell, are by society made to shave armpits when men have so much more hair and smell out the beejeesus)

The struggle to really survive is what initially hooked me. Now, well, the game has changed so much. I don't at all like it as much, but I still watch.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
gertie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-17, 02:59 AM   #24
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I like this idea. Maybe it could be done using some subtle gesture by the player, e.g. a blink, or crossing their legs, etc.

When the geeks are the most inspiring characters, I'm generally bored.
I think you just gotta let things simmer a bit. These people seem like a good mix to me. The nerd and the muscle would totally team up with the moms if they’re given a chance do that would be something to look out for. Like Cochran loved Dawn (both times)...

The conflict with the other nerdy father and the streetwise probation officer is also great. Both people see right through lies and BS and they read each other. Who strikes first?

In general the young females all seem pretty athletic and physical threat-ish too. This could be a great season! Hopefully...

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-01-17, 08:22 AM   #25
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

How did I know you'd reference Cochran?

I hope you're right about everything else. I want to enjoy Survivor. It's the king of game shows in my book. Just not enthused by this cast.
Old 10-02-17, 01:17 AM   #26
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Maybe this will help. Major -_____- at “new jury format is here to stay” F YOU JEFF.

Jeff Probst promises one of the best finishes ever

It’s always important to finish strong, and according to Survivor host Jeff Probst, that’s exactly what fans can expect in the upcoming season of Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, which premieres Sept. 27 on CBS.

While on location in Fiji for season 36 (which will air in 2018) of the reality giant, we asked the Hostmaster General to give us five reasons to watch season 35, and he delivered some tantalizing teases, including a strong endgame.

“The last third of the season, you cannot predict what is going to happen,” says Probst. “You won’t want to miss it. And you’re going to love the thrill of the drama.” The host also promises that said drama will extend all the way to the final vote in what he is touting as “One of the best finishes. One of my favorite final Tribals — new format, a hearty discussion, and who knows? Minds may be changed in the jury.

We assume that “new format” comment is referencing the new jury open dialogue that replaced the standard Q&A last season — and which Probst and EP Matt Van Wagenen have already confirmed to us is “here to stay,” but hearing the longtime host refer to it as one of the best finishes and that jury votes may actually change in the moment can’t help but get us suckered into watching another season.

It’s always important to finish strong, and according to Survivor host Jeff Probst, that’s exactly what fans can expect in the upcoming season of Heroes v. Healers v. Hustlers, which premieres Sept. 27 on CBS.

While on location in Fiji for season 36 (which will air in 2018) of the reality giant, we asked the Hostmaster General to give us five reasons to watch season 35, and he delivered some tantalizing teases, including a strong endgame.

“The last third of the season, you cannot predict what is going to happen,” says Probst. “You won’t want to miss it. And you’re going to love the thrill of the drama.” The host also promises that said drama will extend all the way to the final vote in what he is touting as “One of the best finishes. One of my favorite final Tribals — new format, a hearty discussion, and who knows? Minds may be changed in the jury.

We assume that “new format” comment is referencing the new jury open dialogue that replaced the standard Q&A last season — and which Probst and EP Matt Van Wagenen have already confirmed to us is “here to stay,” but hearing the longtime host refer to it as one of the best finishes and that jury votes may actually change in the moment can’t help but get us suckered into watching another season.

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend

Last edited by Mattie; 10-02-17 at 01:20 AM.
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-17, 03:15 AM   #27
Farmer Ted
Laid Paulo in His Grave
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
Well actually my opinion is that this gimmicky things are not needed, and usually don’t add anything to the game, but often subtract from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, the one thing it did do was get the nerd and the stud together on the slimeball tribe. That could play out later on-they could be an interesting pair if the Mimbo doesn't forget he'd met the nerd a few days later.
Old 10-03-17, 06:24 AM   #28
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

The found immunity idols add drama to a show that needs to re-invent itself every few seasons lest it becomes stale... for me anyway. To some degree it also evens the odds for the less athletically gifted players. I don't mind when there's one per tribe hanging around out there. Last season was overkill though.

Survivor may fail, especially for the purists, when it tries to change things up. Even though Big Brother doesn't hold a candle to Survivor, I like its Expect The Unexpected mantra. Survivor needs to be like that to keep it fresh. Just needs to do a better job of it.

There haven't been too many double eviction tribals. I always liked those.

Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 10-03-17 at 06:27 AM.
Old 10-03-17, 07:22 PM   #29
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Quote:
The found immunity idols add drama to a show that needs to re-invent itself every few seasons lest it becomes stale... for me anyway. To some degree it also evens the odds for the less athletically gifted players. I don't mind when there's one per tribe hanging around out there. Last season was overkill though.

Survivor may fail, especially for the purists, when it tries to change things up. Even though Big Brother doesn't hold a candle to Survivor, I like its Expect The Unexpected mantra. Survivor needs to be like that to keep it fresh. Just needs to do a better job of it.

There haven't been too many double eviction tribals. I always liked those.
It becomes less about skill and more about luck though.

I don't remember which season it was, but I remember feeling that everything the producers threw at them was done on the fly to get a specific result rather than being preplanned. And as WArty said, they worked their butt off trying to keep Russell around at one point.

At this point, going back to the first season setup would be changing things up a LOT and possibly be more refreshing.

Last edited by FrodoFraggins; 10-03-17 at 07:25 PM.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-03-17, 11:22 PM   #30
Dark Side Of The Moon
Seeks Rescue

That's a fair point but again it's a purist's point. Personally, and I've said this before, I don't give a hoot who wins. I just wanna see blindsides and shallow yet fiercely fought arguments made by people getting virtually no sleep. Much like you, Mr. frodo, I tend to ff through the challenges. They bore me.

Plus, I can't imagine that 'go back to the first season' idea hasn't been kicked around.

Idk... I just don't wanna be bored and disappointed by the show anymore and I don't think the season 1 format will make a difference. Seems they know shock value makes for an entertaining episode but they need to find a vehicle other than adding idols to get that.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor »