Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Blindspot - NBC Friday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 09-22-15, 07:35 PM   #11
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Blindspot on NBC/Premiers Monday, September 21

HMoG, that was an intense hour of television. It reminded me of The Blacklist pilot. I'll wait for others before additional comments.
Old 09-22-15, 08:44 PM   #12
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

Had a school carnival last night to attend, so recorded it and will watch tonight.

Glad to hear it is intense, and Blacklist-ish. That sounds promising.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-22-15, 10:40 PM   #13
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawboy View Post
Had a school carnival last night to attend, so recorded it and will watch tonight.

Glad to hear it is intense, and Blacklist-ish. That sounds promising.
Lawboy, make sure and post your thoughts and comments.
Old 09-23-15, 07:17 PM   #14
Lawboy
Widmore Corp. Hatchet Man
Sees Walt

OK, so I watched it and enjoyed it. The writing was fine, the acting needs to improve a bit. S1 performances are often uneven, so it is to be expected.

I liked the reveal at the end, and look forward to learning why Jane Doe is doing what she is. Someone is pulling some strings on this, and of course, the question is why and to what end?

So hopefully we will learn who Jane Doe is, and perhaps what her motivation is, but I think it will take longer to learn to what end. I am expecting some sort of Long game on this is being plated.

As to the tattoos, it is clever and creative. I just hope they do not figure one out just in the nick of time every week in order to solve that weeks mystery. Hoping they can make it seem more organic, because if it happens that way every week, it will seem too contrived. The Blacklist gets around that with Reddington basically picking the story each week for his own ends. Hoping they have something like that in mind here as well.

Has potential.

Give Life, Be an Organ Donor.
http://www.pkdcure.org http://kidney.org

Lawboy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-23-15, 07:35 PM   #15
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
...I liked the reveal at the end, and look forward to learning why Jane Doe is doing what she is. Someone is pulling some strings on this, and of course, the question is why and to what end?

So hopefully we will learn who Jane Doe is, and perhaps what her motivation is, but I think it will take longer to learn to what end. I am expecting some sort of Long game on this is being plated...
Lawboy, I was totally taken aback. My jaw hit the floor. She may've put herself into this predicament.

Quote:
...As to the tattoos, it is clever and creative. I just hope they do not figure one out just in the nick of time every week in order to solve that weeks mystery. Hoping they can make it seem more organic, because if it happens that way every week, it will seem too contrived. The Blacklist gets around that with Reddington basically picking the story each week for his own ends. Hoping they have something like that in mind here as well.

Has potential.
I'm glad you mentioned, The Blacklist. I too thought of her tattoos as Red's list of bad guys. I feel good about them handling the weekly cases so it doesn't become nothing more than a precedural series. And, I have to believe the overlying arc will help in this reguard.
Old 09-23-15, 07:43 PM   #16
Cmdr Spock
Armchair Couturier
Sees Walt

I thought this was better than either Minority Report or Limitless. The leads seem pretty solid, I've seen Jaime in action as Sif, and I watched the final season of Strike Back (because Michelle Yeoh's in it), so I've seen the FBI guy actor as well, he's pretty good in this kind of thing.

Official Keeper of Sun's Awesome Orgy of Revenge.
Cmdr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-15, 04:06 PM   #17
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Quote:
I liked the reveal at the end, and look forward to learning why Jane Doe is doing what she is. Someone is pulling some strings on this, and of course, the question is why and to what end?

So hopefully we will learn who Jane Doe is, and perhaps what her motivation is, but I think it will take longer to learn to what end. I am expecting some sort of Long game on this is being plated.
Here's what I think. The mystery man who warned the Chinese bomber that he was being followed, showed up in the brief memories, Jane recalled. He trained her which was a shocker. So, it looks like she knew what she was getting into and was preparing for it.

I think the mystery man and possibly Jane Doe share a tragedy with FBI agent Kurt Weller. Perhaps a loved one died because he didn't get to them in time? Weller certainly appears haunted and driven. I noticed he also seems to have intimacy issues as he was reluctant to be touched or to touch Jane Doe -- even to console her. He's been hurt and bad. He doesn't want to care deeply about anyone, IMO.

So -- the long game -- the mystery man sets up Weller to have to save people and he gives him clues via Jane's tattoos. I think the mystery man is counting on Weller not always being successful and adding to Weller's burden of guilt and pain. And the final reveal (whenever that is) will be a game between Weller and the mystery man.

The questions I have are:
  • Did Jane Doe know what she was getting into?
  • After her memory was erased, did the mystery man double-cross her and use her for his own personal vendetta?
  • Are the snippets of memory Jane seems to have true memories or planted?
  • The file folder Bethany Mayfair was holding at the end was her own, I think. What was that all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgepodge View Post
Sandi, don't forget, I want several pics of "Jane Doe's" tattoos.
I'm pretty far behind on all my programs but watched this last night. I'll be sure and get those caps some time this week.

Formerly known as clayseason1
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-28-15, 04:13 PM   #18
sandi
Loves This Place
Cons the Conman

Blindspot
Monday, September 28th on NBC @ 10/9c
S01E02 "A Stray Howl"

Description:
More:
"An Air Force pilot with a destructive plan is on the team's radar thanks to one of Jane's tattoos. Meanwhile, Jane recalls bits and pieces of an unsettling memory; and Weller believes he might know who Jane really is." Source: tvguide.com
sandi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-15, 05:46 PM   #19
x

Escapes the Cage

Well. Since this is a monster of the week format, I wasn't expecting such a pointed reveal so quickly, but I'll run with it. Is the scar a coincidence? Considering some points in a post a couple back, I don't think so.
x is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-29-15, 07:35 PM   #20
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

HMoG! This episode was better than the Pilot. I mean, if the Pilot was 6.5, A
Straw Howl
was 8+.

Sandi mentioned in her post on the Pilot, that Agt. Weller appeared haunted and driven. Well, now we know why. It seems his father was accused of kidnapping one of Kurt's childhood friends, and is currently serving a prison term of at least 25 years. He's also dying of lung cancer. This is probably what drove Weller to the arms of the FBI.

We got another clue from Jane's tattoos. It seems the DoD is running drones on American soil. Leaving dead terrorist and several innocent individuals in their wake. This drove one of their pilots to seek revenge for the collateral damage.

Jane also got another glipse into her past. It seems she assassinated a nun, with two to the back of the head. Just damn! But wait, at the end of the episode, was the nun actually a man dressed in a Khaki uniform?

At the scene of one of the bombings, Jane also saw the guy from her initial memory. The guy we know as her compatriot. The one who taught her the ways of the Samurai.

This guy is at all of the scenes because he's the one who did, or had Jane's tattoos done. I'm still really curious about their plan. Is it a way to bring attention to what America is doing in the name of protecting Americans?

Very important fact that came out of this episode. Kurt thinks Jane Doe is the girl his father is accused of kidnapping 25 years ago. Which means, his father didn't kidnapp anyone, and is in prison for something he didn't do. Although, Kurt didn't do back-flips when this came to fruition. Maybe his father was a bastard anyway.

Again, another fine episode. Better than the first.