Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Manhunt: Unabomber - Discovery Tuesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 08-29-17, 06:47 PM   #11
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Manhunt: Unabomber - Discovery Tuesday

S01E06 - "Ted"
Tuesday - August 29, 2017
Discovery - 10/9c

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

In a letter to his brother, Ted recounts the key events from his past that informed his decision to engage in terrorist activities. Source
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-02-17, 08:25 PM   #12
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Loved, loved this episode.

Getting the backstory of Ted was worth the whole series.

Not sure how much of his backstory was factional, but if his stint at Harvard was true, I'm surprised he made it out of there alive. His professor completely destroyed what self-confidence he had.

Now, all of that info was apparently taken from letters Ted wrote his brother, but that still doesn't make the info true.
Old 09-02-17, 08:51 PM   #13
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I didn't see the episode but i think i recall from the actual case that supposedly Ted had some very nightmarish experiences at Harvard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-05-17, 07:51 PM   #14
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Penultimate Episode

S01E07 - "Lincoln"
Tuesday - September 5, 2017
Discovery - 10/9c

Fitz tries to find a linguistic connection that will secure an arrest warrant while the FBI closes in on Ted's cabin in Montana. Source
Old 09-07-17, 12:35 AM   #15
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Catching Ted was an all out mission. It must'a been a couple of hundred FBI agents in those woods.

Wasn't aware it took so much coaxing to obtain a warrant to search Ted's cabin. But, once they searched it, they found all types of materials used in bomb making.

I will admit, it was tough watching the librarian and her son see Ted being handcuffed and driven thru town. He felt it too. Total embarrassment!

Then to watch the media take over his brother's house. Plus, the media reported it was Ted's brother who turned him in.

Really good episode. Looking forward to the miniseries finale next week.
Old 09-12-17, 07:00 PM   #16
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Series Finale

S01E08 - "USA vs. Theodore J. Kaczynski"
Tuesday - September 12, 2017
Discovery - 10/9c

When Ted fails to have the evidence against him invalidated, Fitz makes one last appeal to him to plead guilty. Source
Old 09-12-17, 10:36 PM   #17
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Sacred Symbols Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!

For some reason I've reached the point where I'm turned off by psycho criminals getting any kind of publicity, even long after the fact. I wish the news never showed pictures or the names of these nutcases as I think it just spurs some of them on.

So anyway, unless that feeling changes I'll probably skip these kind of things for quite a while.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-13-17, 06:07 AM   #18
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

UNaBOM wasn't just a garden variety serial killer though. Sick as it may be, i think somebody like that, with complex if twisted motives, who was more interested in effecting societal change than in his own own weird jollies, deserves recognition for the changes he wrought in our society.

Ultimately insigificant sick little pieces of human refuse like Bundy, Dahmer, Ridgeway and BTK, who committed their crimes for no more reason than their own twisted satisfation are imo best forgotten by society as a whole though definitely not by the pychiatric community. On the hand, i think more culturally relevant murderers like Kaczynjski, Koresh, Harris & Klebold, even Patsys like Oswald and McVeigh et al... i think their stories should be told and remembered, because they help inform the society in which we live.

With that said, i'd have been much more interested in a bio or semi-bio on the life and times of Ted Kaxynsdki, and what turned him into an eeevile luddite mastermind, rather than another dramatized police/FBI procedural about people trying to hang their career coats on his jacket.

As seriously deranged as Ted was/is, he's still a human being, and probsbly i'd find him a lot more interesting person than another career-obsessed law enforcement officer.
Quote:
Mo, I you
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

Old 09-13-17, 07:19 PM   #19
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Breakout Champion! Jail Escaper Champion! Billiards Champion! Luigis Revenge Interactive Champion! Pool Jam - 10 Minute Game Champion! Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing v2 Champion! Mario`s Time Attack Champion! 3D Superball Champion! Some Puzzle Champion! WolfN'swinE Champion! Super Flash Mario Bros Champion! 1992 Champion! Power Driver 2.0 Champion! Plankton`s Revenge Pinball Champion! Penguin's Revenge Champion! Block Buster Champion! Pinboliada Champion! Archery 2000 Champion! Elite Mahjong Full Champion! YetiSports 8 - Jungle Swing v32 Champion! Glum Ball Glumballs Champion! Glum Ball_v32 Champion! Yeti Puzzlekick Champion! Mahjongg Alchemy Champion! Glum Ball Champion! Yeti Sports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion! Skee Ball Champion! Sacred Symbols Normal Champion! X-Training Champion! Crash Bandicoot Champion! Bubble King Champion! Power Arrow Very Hard Champion! Power Arrow Medium Champion! Power Arrow Hard Champion! Blood Red Champion! Marble Roller - Easy Champion! The Red Dwarf Champion! Rocket Man Easy Champion! Sacred Symbols Champion! Volvo Motor Factory Champion! 7 Seas Estates v32 BuZZ Champion! Bad Adebayor Champion! Zball Champion! Bloons Junior Champion! MatchIt 2 v2.0 Champion! Vacation Blues Champion! Bucketball 2 Champion! Beard O Kills Champion! Pigeon Hunter Champion! Planarity Champion! Attraction Champion! Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion! What is the Color? Champion! Red and Blue Champion! BLOSICS 2 Champion! Dupligon Champion! Trapr Champion!

Well, I'm more interested in finding out how many red flags are purely genetic in nature. I'm not sure looking at how individual nuts come to be is truly that informative. But I do see how psychologists and the like may gain something by working with them. But the truly ingenious psychopaths know how to show the world a false facade.

I think there will be a day when certain genetic markers will be flagged and certain people are watched more carefully. At least until genetic modification occurs.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-17, 02:26 AM   #20
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Last i heard, there were three major predictive red flags: one, as you mention, is genetic and may account for the majority if cases with underdeveloped (or entirely missing) prefrontal cortices. Another one is brain damage, which may account for most if not al the rest of the cases with prefrontal cortex issues. The other widespread marker for serial killers is childhood sexual trauma. To be fair, my info may be out-of-date.

I'm sure a lot of people are sick of hearing about serial killers; the 90's was a long time ago. Shit, i have no interest in learning any more than i already know about Gein, Green River, Iceman, or any of the other hundreds if not thousands of non-empathic killers out there.

What upset me was that the way the show was promoted early on, is that it would be about Ted, and for me personally, Ted and (to a FAR lesser degree) Harris & Klebold are the only ones who hold any interest for me. So i was pretty disappointed to see a show called UNaBOM that wasn't actually about Ted, it was about some G-Men. There are thousands of shows about G-Men chasing serial criminals. If i develop a burnig itch to go watch one, i'll to find Criminal Minds. I mean dang, Your Pretty Face Is Going to Hell was better than Manhunt.

Them's my opinions, and i'm sticking to 'em until something better comes along.
Quote:
Mo, I you

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »