Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > What's New/Happy 2018!

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-17, 11:15 PM   #9581
LostViking
Plunderer
Squishes the Frog

Re: What's New/Splunking, Soldiers, + the Andromeda Strain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gertie View Post
No walls or dresser or anything to grasp. Just a cane.

Way to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
I'm sure being frightened is a very natural consequence of everything you've been through!
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod of Whiskers View Post
well this hasn't happened in awhile...wearing shorts in Denver in December. mid 60s today, mild most of the week. yall need to send some of that snow this way!

Sunny in D town.
Old 12-12-17, 12:41 AM   #9582
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

Quote:
well this hasn't happened in awhile...wearing shorts in Denver in December. mid 60s today, mild most of the week. yall need to send some of that snow this way!
Wow, really? Brr I'm cold just thinking about it.

What the heck is everyone up to? Christmas shopping?

Old 12-12-17, 01:16 AM   #9583
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

it's not cold until you get below 10 - then I'm probly not wearing shorts

mailed all my cards this morning, we're all skipping the present exchange this year. what is everyone hoping to receive? anything in particular you're dying to have?

I Reached inside myself And found nothing there
To ease the pressure of My ever worrying mind
All my powers waste away I fear the crazed and lonely looks
The mirror's sending me these days
Old 12-12-17, 12:38 PM   #9584
catnap
duckgrazeharborpain
Drinks Dharma Beer

I like this homemade goat's milk soap that a local woman makes. It doesn't sound like a lot to ask for, but someone would have to drive to her farm. So we'll see

I'm pretty much done my shopping and cards are sent. Just waiting to remember whatever it is I'm forgetting.

Old 12-12-17, 12:54 PM   #9585
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
SO jealous.

Quote:
it's not cold until you get below 10 - then I'm probly not wearing shorts

mailed all my cards this morning, we're all skipping the present exchange this year. what is everyone hoping to receive? anything in particular you're dying to have?
I can't remember the last time i actually asked for anything, but with this new "grown-up job" i have to be pretty dressy, and while my wardrobe has been capable of handling it, i'm actually hoping somebody gets me a gift card for Men's Wearhouse or Brooks Bros or something similar so i can expand that part of my wardrobe a bit. A couple extra pairs of dress slacks and a couple extra button-down collared shirts would help keep Mrs. Mo from doing laundry so freakin often (i'm so spoiled now, i never imagined i'd actually stop doing my own laundry at any point in my adult life).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Old 12-12-17, 01:51 PM   #9586
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnap View Post
Sally Struthers killed the thread

Itís more likely Sally Struthers ate the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Old 12-12-17, 02:23 PM   #9587
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthawg1 View Post
Itís more likely Sally Struthers ate the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually, really, really snorted at this and tried to stifle a laugh. I was not successful. Hi, Wartiy!

I saw Madonna on Kelly and Ryan, and the pounds she's put on! Wow. She even called herself fat. But knowing how Madonna chided many of her dancers and whatnot for being out of shape, well, it was a shock.

Real life - pest control is supposed to be here today. Those things that come zeroing in on my nose (from the drains) have got to die.

Michael called and said he had a horrible migraine and was going to the ER. No, Michael, I have pain pills. So, he came over, And I poured into his hands what I had left. Not many, but they are gone, gone, gone now. From me.

So, I'm thinking of asking Rachel to go grocery-shopping with me tomorrow. She's the car wreck victim, and Sis says she's so very nice.

I was livid about a convo with the other sister yesterday, and I'm still having angry feelings about it. Why oh why do I ever believe her, even a smidgen? Ugh.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Old 12-12-17, 03:39 PM   #9588
Long Con
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostViking View Post

Have I ever mentioned here that I have this insane passion for making pizza from scratch? I must have. I do this probably 4-5 times a month for the past couple of decades. I have experimented with all sorts of doughs from whole wheat to thin Italian style to Chicago. My kids friends are always impressed and tell me how good it is. I personally feel it could always be better. You would all laugh at the level I pursue this. I have learned that the amount of cheese and the way you slice or shred it makes an enormous difference in taste. Fresh herbs and garlic are a must. I have tried many different sauces - right now I prefer a very simple crushed tomato without seasoning. The meats are important too. I have even learned the amazing difference that good anchovies can make. Fresh sliced truffles are truly a delicacy. As it turns, there is no perfect pizza, but I find myself drawn to the idea that there 'might" be.
LV - I think we would have a blast making pizza together as your approach seems very similar to mine. LOVE PIZZA! If I make a pizza oven you will have to visit!

One of my sons Bday parties I had the kids make pizzas and we played mini golf in my living room while they cooked and then we ate them all up. One of the best Bday parties ever!

So my son gave me his Christmas list and on it was "Lobster in the Seafood Fra Diavolo". I had the biggest smile! I make this on Christmas eve and he loves it! I wont count it as a present or should I????

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Old 12-12-17, 04:04 PM   #9589
gertie
I'll gertie
Squishes the Frog

Yes, Long Con. It's great.

I am irked beyond even my belief. Waiting for the bug guy - from 9-11, and it's nearly 11.

So, I make myself a way to the couch to wait, try to turn on the electric blanket that Sis gave me, and no dice.

So here I am.

While trying my best not to erupt, I remind myself of Aunt Helen and Uncle Mac. They lived in Pakistan for a long while and had two servants. There was some sort of uprising, and Helen and Mac and servants barely made it to a river. They had to survive, slowly crawling (over a week) to some "friendly" and how they got food or water along the way, I do not know. But they made it.

The servants (sorry I forget their names) were brought back to the US and given citizenship. Helen and Mac dearly loved them.

So, and there's a lot more to that story, I feel pretty puny.

So, my ordeal is nothing compared with that.

Mark Twain:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Old 12-12-17, 04:12 PM   #9590
Long Con
Talks Backwards

OMG Gertie! I looked up Madonna on Kelly and Ryan and was grossed out for sure.only made it a min in as she is a bit chunky now and was grinding everyone and everything. I think you can get AIDS from her that way! Yuck! Puked twice and now I am back.

Hell of a story... can't imaging escaping from Pakistan. Crazy what we take for granted now-a-days.

"You needed a father figure and I needed a kidney, get over it!" - Coop

Closed Thread
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »