Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Dark Side's First Watch - The Man In The High Castle

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 01-15-18, 02:30 PM   #11
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Re: Dark Side's First Watch - The Man In The High Castle

Ep 3 in the books

First let me say that I had Kido and Tagomi mixed up. When I referred to Kido earlier, I was actually talking about Tagomi, the trade minister. Seems a skillful politico with keen insight.

Kido's just a thug.

As far as ep 3 goes, the Marshall shows up and kills the bookstorian.

Frank's brother in law tells Frank he hopes someday Frank has children that eventually get killed so that Frank can feel the same pain.

Joe Blake and Juliana have several bonding moments over dead bodies.

That about sums itup.

My thoughts on the ep:

The dialogue is still terrible awful terrible terrible and the story is utterly disjointed. More rushing toward the plot with no cohesion throughout the story lines. Worse than no cohesion actually. More like counter intuitiveness. But I'm done typing out examples of this. It's exhausting and aggravating.

Plus, it's so distracting that I don't even care about the plot that they're so dramatically pushing. Would it be okay if I just skip to season 2?
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-18, 02:56 PM   #12
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

If you skip to S2, you are going to have NO IDEA what is going on.

vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-15-18, 02:56 PM   #13
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

I think you're exaggerating, but if you're really hating it that much, stop. *shrug*

Old 01-15-18, 05:31 PM   #14
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

It's only a 10 episodes, and maybe I am exaggerating a little. Just wish certain details were better thought out. Besides you yourself said you weren't really hooked til ep 4 or thereabouts. I'll get through it. I really do wanna know what's going on.
Old 01-16-18, 04:18 AM   #15
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Eps 4-6 done been watched.

Howdy!

Still have the same issues with this show as before but won't dwell on them. Let's move along to the good stuff.

L'Chaim is a Jewish toast, kinda like saying cheers, meaning 'to life'. When that guy said to life, I knew he was Jewish. He must have known about Frank's lineage or he wouldn't have said it.

I'm still all over the place tryna figure out what's going on. But 6 eps in and the only film I've seen was that glimpse in ep 1. I need moreeeeee!

The girl on the bus turned out to be the wife of the now dead guy that Juliana met at the bus station. So she is indeed a resistance fighter and she planted the phony tapes to throw the nips off the trail. Nailed that one.

The prince got shot but by who? I suspect Frank's coworker knows. His passion to prevent Frank from carrying out an assassination attempt seemed over the top. So I figure he already knew there was going to be an assassination attempt. Plus, he's a fairly well known supporting actor and he's been under used so far.

Same thing I had been thinking about Juliana's step father... oh by the way, her mother secretly watching Sumo wrestling was hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yeah, it was revealed at the end of ep six that step dad is working inside the Jap headquarters. Seems he has something to do with gathering intel. Could he be the one making, or helping to make, the films? Did he recruit Trudy, or have her recruited?

The Nazi who'd been working with Tagomi, I liked him. Sad to see him arrested. Interesting how they don't talk about the camps yet they're still firing the ovens for those who are drags on society which doesn't seem to be very covert. Why would they not talk about them? Who could they be afraid of?

Nice coincidence with Juliana's necklace.

I'm still trying to figure out why Frink Frankenstein gets so much air time. He doesn't seem to have anything to do with the plot yet he's always there.

I suspect Russian involvement. The mig flying overhead in ep 1 is still bugging me. I don't think much has been shown regarding the state of the other continents. Russia must have fallen to though, right? Maybe not though.

See? I really am all over the map tryna figure out this shit.

Gonna try to finish s1 tonight.

_

Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 01-16-18 at 04:21 AM.
Old 01-16-18, 04:23 AM   #16
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

I'm not going to detail comment on this one.

I'm just smiling and watching you work it out.

Spoiler alert: You WILL see more films.

Old 01-16-18, 04:24 AM   #17
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

And Spoiler Alert: Kido is awesome. I mean how can you not love that face that looks like it is grimace-frozen to keep any actual emotion from showing.

Old 01-16-18, 04:34 AM   #18
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Kido is a pretty good detective.

Thinking back to ep 1, how coincidental was it that Trudy was being chased through Juliana's neighborhood, with the contraband, and just happened to bump into Juliana to give it to her? Was that her plan?If so, why would she put her sister in that kind of impending danger? I mean the Japs are right around the corner. Why would she think handing the film off to her sister would make it any safer?

I'm over thinking crap now.
Old 01-16-18, 04:57 AM   #19
vonnegut
Answer him cracker
Sees Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
Kido is a pretty good detective.

Thinking back to ep 1, how coincidental was it that Trudy was being chased through Juliana's neighborhood, with the contraband, and just happened to bump into Juliana to give it to her? Was that her plan?If so, why would she put her sister in that kind of impending danger? I mean the Japs are right around the corner. Why would she think handing the film off to her sister would make it any safer?

I'm over thinking crap now.
But are you overthinking it?

And Kido is a pretty good detective. And also just a fascinating person. And his glasses game is ON F-ING POINT. In the Battle of Glasses, he beats Frankenfrinker all day long.

Old 01-16-18, 09:29 AM   #20
Dark Side Of The Moon
Pushes the Button

Ep 7 finished

No sooner do I wonder about the coincidence of the Trudy chase scene does Trudy show up live and in person, or could that be a Juliana havid.

Flowers seem to be playing a role. Edelweiss, the theme song, is a flower. The rooms are named after flowers, the trade minister is a flower connoisseur... which could be why the rooms have flower names.

Editing and dialogue still........ okay okay I'll shut up about it but man oh man

The step dad gives his cover story to Juliana.

Frank Frink still tryna be a player in all this. Now he's gonna forge an item for the fancy pawn shop proprietor.

Those Japs at the dinner seemed anti occupation to me. Weird new characters to figure out.

Trade minister and Juliana becoming familiar.

Death pits! I can't believe the trade minister sent her there.

So the pivotal bit of evidence in this ep seems to be the Trudy sighting. If she is alive, what did we see at the death pit? If it was a havid, why were we shown it?

I kinda feel like we're in the matrix.

Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 01-16-18 at 09:33 AM.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General »