Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories > + Official Numbers thread (aka How 'bout them numbers!!!)

LOST Theories So you think you know some secrets of the island? Maybe you can explain everything. If it's original and you can back it up, we'd love to hear it.

Old 03-03-05, 02:04 AM   #1
east928

+ Official Numbers thread (aka How 'bout them numbers!!!)

WHAT DO THEY MEAN? How could they be transmitted? What the heck are they doing on the thing Locke and Boone are digging up? If I had to venture a guess, it has to be some sort of 'higher intelligence' that lives on that island. I'm beginning to believe in the alien thing.....hmmmmm.....
  Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-05, 02:07 AM   #2
RUready2getLOST

Re: HOLY COW How 'bout them numbers!!!

Perhaps a combination to the hatch? Also, notice that the numbers "8" & "15" are located right next to each other. Their flight was 8:15.

*Insert freaky alien music here*0]
Old 03-03-05, 02:07 AM   #3
jedisoccer

OMG hurleys crazy's friend, work friend actually picked up the signal 16 years ago, most likely the same time the expedition team reached the island!!! and at the end, the piece of metal in the ground had the same number 4 8 15 16 23 42 on it. so there were people on the island even before the science group
Old 03-03-05, 02:08 AM   #4
jedisoccer

who could of put that transmission tower on the island in the first place? and why does the french lady say it is on "black rock". why did she name it that?
Old 03-03-05, 02:11 AM   #5
GerfalconCP

although the numbers are important, i think we found out alot more about loose ends in this episode.

1) Boone and Hurley are related. Not blood-wise, but the box company that Hurley apparently owns, since he has the most stocks in that company, is Boone's company, if i were to venture a guess

2) In the second pilot episode, Hurley tells Sayid that he knew a friend in the gulf war. I would venture to guess that Leon is that friend he knew in the gulf war.

3) Locke knew that it was Claire's birthday BEFORE claire said anything. Otherwise it seems almost too much coincidence that Locke would drop doing everything just to help build a cradle on THAT specific day.

well, i guess only two of those above are tying up loose ends. The numbers, on the other hand, i think are a red herring and will not be that much more important. Obviously this proves that the thing underground is related to the radio tower that is presumably by the black rock. But otherwise, i dont think there is any more significance to the numbers.
Old 03-03-05, 02:14 AM   #6
jedisoccer

The numbers do help to explain why these people were attracted to the island (both the expedition team and the plane crash). But I also think that the producers added it in just to add confusion and more to the plot for fun.
Old 03-03-05, 02:14 AM   #7
east928

I thought Locke also worked at a box company? And, I think if I remember right, claire told Locke it was her birthday. i don't think he knew it before she said anything, but I may have missed something.
Old 03-03-05, 02:16 AM   #8
katka365

Just under 1. - isn't it Locke that worked for a box company?
Old 03-03-05, 02:16 AM   #9
jedisoccer

Also, Hurley owned stocks of the box company that Boone owned that Locke worked in. This is a three way connection.:eek :eek :eek
Old 03-03-05, 02:16 AM   #10
missjane64

Locke works for the box company. Doesn't Boone work at a lingerie company or something girlie like that?
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Other TV > LOST > LOST Theories »