Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) > Mental Health (ASD, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, etc.)

Lostaways! :) Welcome Lostaways! Kick back, relax, and have a little fun!

Old 10-12-17, 02:46 AM   #191
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Re: Mental Health (ASD, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar, etc.)

Anti-diabetes diet: nuts, fish, olive oils and basically just raw foods. No high carbs and sodas, anything sugary. Honestly if I don’t have it’s a miracle or I’ve got to be pre-diabetes with the way I eat. I try to be better, but my sinuses and palette is so messed up that really only fatty or salty foods feel satiating to me, or even that I can “taste” them. I do like fruits and stuff but I’m not home often enough to eat them and they go bad. Sigh.

Speaking of diabetes, have you seen the map of where it exists most heavily in the US, color coded by shade/intensity? It’s so obvious that a poor fried diet and lack of activity is the main reason. Alaska and Colorado had the lowest incidences. Everywhere down south had the highest. And Americans in general had skyrocketed rates compared to the rest of the world. We just have to eat real food. But it is difficult when our government allows artificial everything and poor labeling and false advertising etc in many products. Keeps the medical industry going though!

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-13-17, 10:43 PM   #192
Mattie
Cons the Conman

Now, scientists from the Imperial College London have found how psilocybin, which is the active psychedelic compound that occurs naturally in magic mushrooms, can “reset” brain activity in patients suffering from depression. Their study, which was published in the journal Scientific Reports on Friday, highlights how psilocybin gave patients a “kick start” in fighting clinical depression.

The researchers at Imperial gave two doses (10 mg and 25 mg) of psilocybin, with a week in between each dose, to 20 patients with a treatment-resistant form of depression. Immediately after receiving the doses, the patients said they felt a decrease in depressive symptoms, which MRI scans of their brains revealed to have been due to a reduce in blood flow to areas involved in handling emotional responses, stress, and fear.
Rebooting Through Depression with Magic Mushrooms
In short, the patients experienced a sort of reboot. “We have shown for the first time clear changes in brain activity in depressed people treated with psilocybin after failing to respond to conventional treatments,” Robin Carhart-Harris, head of Psychedelic Research — there’s such a thing — at Imperial, said in a press release. “Several of our patients described feeling ‘reset’ after the treatment and often used computer analogies. For example, one said he felt like his brain had been ‘defragged’ like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt ‘rebooted’.”

It would seem that during the drug “trip,” brain networks went through an initial disintegration that was followed by a re-integration afterwards, when the patients “come down” from the psychedelic. “Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary ‘kick start’ they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a ‘reset’ analogy. Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy,” Carhart-Harris added.
The researchers acknowledged, however, that while their study provides a new window into the brains of people who’ve taken psychedelics, the small number of patients tested and the absence of a control/placebo group limits the significance of their study. “Larger studies are needed to see if this positive effect can be reproduced in more patients,” said senior author David Nutt, director of the Neuropsychopharmacology unit of the Brain Sciences division at Imperial. “But these initial findings are exciting and provide another treatment avenue to explore.” The researchers also warned against self-medicating using such psychedelics.

"madness, and then illumination"
orson scott card
http://instagram.com/towhateverend
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-14-17, 12:28 AM   #193
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

Timothy Leary told us that 50 + years ago. Groovy.

I think they should focus their studies on DMT, they might have some surprising results.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 10-14-17 at 12:33 AM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Community > Lostaways! :) »