Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion > NFL Thread Pt. II

Sports Discussion 42! 23! 16! ...wait.

Old 12-08-17, 09:08 PM   #7191
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: NFL Thread Pt. II

I thought last night's game was very good from start to finish.

When Drew threw that interception at the end of the game, I could hear Mr Mo scream.

Even with that lost, the Saints still hold a one-game lead in the NFC-South.
Old 12-08-17, 11:56 PM   #7192
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

That's what i get for waxing physics in the NFL thread.

I knew that would be a tough game. The Saints showed up and played hard, and they put themselves in a position to be able to win at the end. Yes, the pick was a heartbreaker.

But i have hope for the rematch in The Big Easy in two weeks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnegut View Post
Mo, I you
Spoiler: notes
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.
Link: http://losttv-forum.com/forum/index.php?pageid=astore0

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

As the old woman said when she peed in the sea, "Every little bit helps."
Mr Mo is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-17, 02:27 AM   #7193
Zaphod of Whiskers
We are the dreamers of dreams
Stares Down Smokey

Location: You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.

Hope Shazier will be ok. Scary scary stuff.

Little dog David, I must look like a fool.
I should've remembered you'd be forgetting my smell, well.
Give me a week or two to recapture my cool, I've got stories to tell
about how I snatched the devil's catch and out ran the hounds of hell.
Zaphod of Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-09-17, 01:18 PM   #7194
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

It doesn't look good. His career is almost certainly over. Hopes and prayers now are for him to recover enough to live a fairly normal life, as well as for the well-being of his family and close friends.

________

When was the last time that football safety equipment was seriously upgraded? I know there have been amazing technological advances over the last 20 years or so, but is any of it actually being seen on the field? I ask these questions out of not only genuine ignorance, but also out of genuine concern both for the people playing the game and for the future of the game itself.

And i don't mean NFL equipment specifically, but "American-style football" in general.
Quote:
Mo, I you
gift cards make great gifts both for shoppers who are lazy and/or have a lot of gifts to buy. They're also a shrewd choice if there are individuals in your life for whom it is difficult to shop. When bought through the astore, they also help support this site, which isn't self-sufficient and doesn't hold fund-raisers or any of that other crap.

Please consider doing at least some of your holiday shopping through our astore this year.

Here's a link for general help info on finding amazon goodies through the astore.: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=85061e

Old 12-09-17, 02:14 PM   #7195
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

The Saints defeated the Panthers twice so a tie will always favor the Saints. However they should try hard to win the two upcoming home games so that if the finale road game against the Bucs is meaningless standingswise the Saints can rest some key people. Unless the Eagles the Vikings and the Rams all crash I see the Saints hosting a wildcard playoff game and probably their opponents will be the Panthers again. The Seahawks will probably end up at the Rams. Probably.
Old 12-09-17, 05:02 PM   #7196
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

I would not count out Altanta just yet BA.

Also, the Rams and Eagles play each other this week, they can't both win, and a tie might as well be a loss for both as far as seeding goes. I think the Eagles look more vulnerable as they still have the Raiders and Cowboys on their schedule, and i'll re-mention the Rams.

Minnesota does look dialed in for the top seed, even if they lose to Carolina this week.

And are we REALLY gonna see the Jags have a wining season AND make the playoffs? Neither of those things has happened since i left Jacksonville! Is the curse of Mo almost over?!?
Quote:
Mo, I you

Old 12-09-17, 09:27 PM   #7197
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

The curse of Mo is definitely over!

I also think that Minnesota is now in the best position to claim best NFC record. Because of the Seattle loss Philadelphia can't afford to lose any more games---if they care about homefield. They will already have a playoff spot.

You're right the Falcons could have an end of season run. But I don't think the Saints or even the Panthers at the end of the season are going to hold the door open for them.

The NFC end of season moshpit is way more interesting than the AFC where short of total collapse the two top positions are already set.
Old 12-11-17, 12:33 PM   #7198
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

For a Sunday without a Patriots game, this one was surprisingly fun. And most of it had to do with relatively unimportant teams.

I simply loved the Colts-Bills game. There is something so old-school and entertaining about football played in deep, blowing snow. It went late into overtime, had unexpected plays and coaching decisions...just very fun.

I enjoyed checking in frequently on Jimmy G's game for the 49ers; he is a star in the making, so be prepared for a big Rams-like turnaround for that team next year.

And there were the gape-making performances, like the Browns predictably blowing a 14-point lead and losing at home in overtime to stay winless; Cincinnati being embarrassed at home in what must finally motivate the Bengals owners to rework the coaching staff; Seattle being beaten by the Jags and losing their minds at the end...

And games that lived up to big expectations, Eagles-Rams and Vikings-Panthers.

Great weekend. Now on to Monday night (hopefully Brady healthy enough to give us a good show vs Miami).
Old 12-12-17, 12:07 PM   #7199
Peggy Sawyer
Blew Up the Hatch

Sheesh, we looked awfully weak against Miami. Not sure what it is about playing in that stadium, but the Pats have had an unusual amount of dud performances there. It will make for an intense week of preparation for Pittsburgh, though, and that could be a good thing.
Old 12-12-17, 12:46 PM   #7200
Mr Mo
Prodigal Adept
Squishes the Frog

Divisional games tend to be pretty tough around the league, and it's one of the areas where a weaker team has a better chance, especially when the weaker team is playing at home. Don't let it make you lose any sleep.
Quote:
Mo, I you

« MyMedia-Forum.com > Sports > Sports Discussion »