Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Damnation - USA Tuesday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 11-07-17, 10:29 PM   #1
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Damnation - USA Tuesday

Series Premiere

S01E01 - "Sam Riley's Body"
Tuesday - November 7, 2017
USA - 10/9c

Description:
More:
An epic saga about the secret history of the 1930's American heartland, Damnation centers on the mythic conflict and bloody struggle between big money and the downtrodden, God and greed, charlatans, and prophets. The pilot introduces Seth Davenport (Killian Scott), a man masquerading as a small town Iowa preacher in the hopes of starting a full-blown insurrection against the status quo. Focused on his mission, he is unaware that an industrialist tycoon has hired a professional strikebreaker named Creeley Turner (Logan Marshall-Green, Quarry) to stop the uprising by any means necessary. But unbeknownst to those around them, these two men already share a secret bloody past.
Source

S01E01 - "Sam Riley's Body" - In the premiere, a farmer's strike in Holden, Iowa, led by local preacher Seth Davenport escalates; and a vicious man from his past named Creeley Turner is sent to restore order. Source

Cast
  • Killian Scott as Seth Davenport
  • Logan Marshall-Green as Creeley Turner
  • Sarah Jones as Amelia Davenport
  • Chasten Harmon as Bessie Louvin
  • Christopher Heyerdahl as Don Berryman
  • Melinda Page Hamilton as Connie Nunn
  • Zach McGowan as Tennyson Dubois

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 11-21-17 at 07:25 PM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-09-17, 01:06 AM   #2
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Damnation - USA Tuesday

Man, this was really an excellent premiere.

I'm watching this and the only thing I can think of are the movies, Grapes of Wrath and Days of Heaven, one of the most visually stunning movies ever.

1930s, we're dealing with the beginning of the Depression. A time in our history when the majority of the people had nothing. The struggle between the have's and have not's.

Definitely got the beginning of organized Unions. Also, got a Communist vibe when listening to the Preacher.

And speaking of the Preacher, what a character. He's definitely running from something. We find out part of what he's running from is the apparent murder of the female Pinkerton agents husband.

OMG! What she did to start that riot was unforgivable. She must'a killed several people just to get things started.

From reading the synopsis of the series, I knew our main protagonists were brothers. "If you don't leave town, I'm going to kill you and drag you to Hell." Just damn!

Loved every character we were introduced to:
  • Sara Jones - Amelia Davenport - The Preachers wife
  • Melinda Page Hamilton - Connie Nunn - Female Pinkerton agent
  • Christopher Heyerdahl - Don Berryman - Town Sheriff
  • Chasten Harmon - Bessie Louvin - Prostitute (smartest person in town)

As I mentioned in the "What's On TV Tonight", thread, this is going to be a great series.
Old 11-14-17, 11:24 PM   #3
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E02 - "Which Side Are You On"
Tuesday - November 14, 2017
10/9c - USA

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

As Seth and the farmers ward off the treacherous Black Legion vigilante group, Creeley works to learn more about his brother's new life and the woman he shares it with. Source

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 11-21-17 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-15-17, 11:06 PM   #4
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Someone, other than me, needs to watch this series. It's excellent!

I'm going to try and not spoil everything in this episode, but I'm got to talk about Bessie Louvin (Chasten Harmon). The smartest person in this whole series.

If you remember from the Pilot, she's the "black" prostitute who lives at Holden's brothel. She's also the only prostitute in town who can read. Remember again, the test Creely gave all the girls in the last episode.

We find out in this episode, she's the "love child" of Sheriff Don Berryman (Christopher Heyerdahl), and his black female lover.

After finding out about her father, she initially came to town to introduce her self to him. Obviously, he didn't accept her, so to get back at him, she decided to take up residence at the brothel.
Old 11-15-17, 11:19 PM   #5
Mr. Bill
Mostly Harmless
Squishes the Frog

I'm definitely going to check this out.

Sorry, I misread your post as "Someone older than me." , lol. Yeah right, grandpa.. I'm joking because I'm there with you, and also a grandpa.

eta:,
I checked and got you beat by 4 years.

eta eta:
New glasses time.

Troll Gate
Please deposit $20.00

*Dimes Only*

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 11-15-17 at 11:24 PM.
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-17, 12:41 AM   #6
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I'm definitely going to check this out.

Sorry, I misread your post as "Someone older than me." , lol. Yeah right, grandpa.. I'm joking because I'm there with you, and also a grandpa.

eta:,
I checked and got you beat by 4 years.

eta eta:
New glasses time.
Rereading my post has me wondering how you could tell anything by the poor grammar.

Isn't grandfatherhood grand?

Obviously with Cory living in NoCal, I don't get to see her as often as I'd like, but she's a pistol. You probably already know, she shares Boonian Androphile's birthday. I told him a year ago, I'll never forget his birthday from this point on. Oh BA!
Old 11-21-17, 02:31 AM   #7
FrodoFraggins
Sees Walt

I hadn't heard of this show until I saw your post. I've finally started watching it.

It's not a Western show but it does feel a a bit like Deadwood and Hell on Wheels. The Sheriff in this show played The Swede on Hell on Wheels and was fantastic in that role.

The actor playing the preachers brother is like a less menacing Tom Hardy.

Overall I like the show but I think they need to work on character development and making us care about their welfare.
FrodoFraggins is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-21-17, 07:37 PM   #8
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
I hadn't heard of this show until I saw your post. I've finally started watching it...

...Overall I like the show but I think they need to work on character development and making us care about their welfare.
Glad you followed me over here, FF. I'm also glad you enjoyed the first couple of episodes.

I definitely see a lot of character development in the weeks to come. We found out they're brothers, from a different mother. What happened there?

And, my favorite character so far, Bessie Louvin (Chasten Harmon), how in the HELL did she get so smart?

Quote:
...It's not a Western show but it does feel a a bit like Deadwood and Hell on Wheels...
I have to keep reminding myself, we're dealing with the Depression era. Which helps me accept the Creely Turner's character having a 9mm automatic pistol.

Quote:
...The actor playing the preachers brother is like a less menacing Tom Hardy...
I was wondering who he reminded me of.

! You're exactly right.
Old 11-21-17, 10:02 PM   #9
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

S01E03 - "One Penny"
Tuesday - November 21, 2017
10/9c - USA

Spoiler: Promo & Episode Description

When the local farms face foreclosure, Seth and Amelia must find a way to win them back. Creeley and Bessie run afoul of the Black Legion. Source
Old 11-26-17, 10:35 PM   #10
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Another fine episode. With a lot of pertinent information about the major characters.

This episode opens with an auction of one of the farms holding out for better prices. This was the farm of the man Creeley shot after he sold his milk in town according to what Creeley wanted. Creeley also setup the son of the man he shot in that first episode. Sam Riley!

The lady of the house is trying to hold on the her family's Bible, but Mr. Rumple tells her, everything within the house belongs to the bank.

He starts with the auction of the Bible. He gets a bid of $1.00. Seth along with Amelia try to buy the Bible for the widow to no avail. The bidding is about to close, when Creeley bids $40.00. "I've got two crisp $20.00 bills!" He takes ownership of the Bible, and hands it to the widow. Remember, he's the one who shot and killed her husband.

Creeley has brought Bessie with him out to the auction, and there's a conversation between her and Amelia as they leave.

Driving down the road, they come across the Black Legion. I'm going to assume they're a forerunner of the Klu Klux Klan (KKK). Bessie is scared, but Creeley doesn't seem to have a care in the world.

As the members step out of their cars/trucks, Creeley hands Bessie his gun, and tells her, if things go sideways, she's to use the gun and make her getaway.

Well, things get out of hand as soon as Creeley introduces himself. I think he felt they were on his side. Keeping the strike breakers down and out, but that wasn't the case.

He's knocked out using the butt of a rifle, as Bessie takes off in the car. She heads back to the brothel where she's confronted by the Madame.

She heads up to their room where she's trying to think what to do. Now, I will admit, I thought she would tell Seth that his brother was taken by the Black Legion, and there's a chance he's already dead. But that's not what she does.

She heads out trying to find where Creeley is being held, which she does, then she goes to see her father, Sheriff Berryman.

This was a strange confrontation. It became apparent, that there's something in the Sheriff's heart for Bessie, because she tells him where Creeley is being held, and he goes out to find him.

It also became apparent in this episode, thru the conversation between Sheriff Berryman and Madame Delia, who happens to be his sister-in-law, that he married her sister, but was in love with Bessie's mother. This is getting good now.

There's another farm auction scheduled for the next few days. Anyway, Seth gets the other farmers together and tries to come up with a way to save the Riley's far. Again, this is Sam Riley's farm. The guy shot by Creeley in that first episode.

Amelia comes up with a great idea, and when its played out, you have to