Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones > GOT News (may contain Spoilers)

Old 06-09-11, 11:50 PM   #11
Farmer Ted
Laid Paulo in His Grave
Talks Backwards

Re: Promos, Sneak Peaks, Spoilers (and Dragons)

Weird, I don't remember Melisandre being a sex-pot. I thought she was old and chubby. Maybe that's just how I wanted her to be.

Can't wait for Brienne; she's one of my favorite characters from the books. And, gee, I wonder why Dany is being courted by some other dude, lol.
Old 06-10-11, 08:37 PM   #12
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

The wiki description has her vavavoom sounding, heart shaped face, hot and wears red

Promo pic with the newsletter for Sunday's episode.

Sunday at 9PM ET
Baelor
"Me and the tribesmen...on the front lines." Watch a preview and catch a new episode of Game of Thrones, Sunday at 9PM, only on HBO®.
Old 06-11-11, 11:04 PM   #13
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Spoilers for s2
auditions on Vimeo

Game of Thrones Leaked Season 2 Auditions
We are back in business. Similar to what happened with a number of videos last season, there are a couple of video reads available on Vimeo that appear to be legitimate auditions recorded for the casting directors to see. Thanks to our intrepid Rabbit, we first have Alejandra Cruz reading for Melisandre:
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com...#ixzz1P0V4RJtj

You can find two more video reads by Wilmot on Vimeo, another one for Davos (combining the Onion Knight’s lines with those by Maester Pylos in that scene) and a Jaquen audition.

a Balon audition by Jonny Phillips
Old 06-12-11, 12:52 AM   #14
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

teasers of what coming, not much but to bookies or spoiler readers you know already.

about the sex scenes-
Old 06-12-11, 10:15 PM   #15
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

From GRRM's blog today-

Casting and Climaxes
Jun. 12th, 2011

For all of you out there waiting for some casting hints... alas, it appears that Froggy will not be able to pluck his magic twanger here until next month.

Which is not to say that no one will be cast. In fact, half a dozen roles (some major, some minor) have already been cast -- that is to say, after watching dozens of audition tapes for every role, D&D have chosen the actors they want. That's the first step of the process (actually, it's the third or fourth step, if you go all the way back to the start, which begins with Nina Gold winnowing through hundreds of resumes and eight-by-ten glossies and speaking to dozens of agents. but it's the first step that involves me). The second step is submitting the choice to HBO for approval. Once the actor or actress is approved, the third and final step is negotiating the deal and getting a contract signed.

Needless to say, I can only unleash Froggy to torment you when all three steps have been completed. It would be pretty embarassing to announce a casting only to have to retract because we could not close the deal. That does not happen often, mind you... but it DOES happen. Every deal is unique and negotiations can often drag on. Every agent wants to get the best possible deal for his or her client, understandably.

As I write, well, we have sent five or six choices to HBO for approval, and I'm given to understand that all of them have been approved, so now we are in the throes of hammering out terms with each of those actors. I'd hoped that two or three of the deals would be set by now, so I could give you madmen a few hints (which you would then solve in twelve seconds, but that's beside the point)... but that hasn't happened.

And tomorrow morning I leave for Poland, and will not be posting here often, if at all. Some of our castings may firm up as early as next week, but I won't be around to hint at them, so expect HBO will announce the players on its own website... or perhaps through some of the TV journalists who have been following the show so faithfully. So watch the web pages and TV columns of HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, TIME, THE DAILY BEAST, AOL, etc for announcements about the second season. And Froggy will return when I do.

Speaking of my trip... maybe it is good that I am getting out of the country, with "Baelor" scheduled to air tonight. Those of you who have read the novel will have a good idea of what's happening this week, just from the title (but PLEASE don't discuss it here, unless you want your post deleted), but there are millions of viewers who have no idea and some of them may soon be turning up on my virtual doorstep with virtual pitchforks and torches.
It does give me pause to realize there are only two more episodes left in season one. Tonight and next week, and we are done. So many years of development to get to this point -- contracts and options, endless negotiations, writing, rewriting, re-rewriting, casting, shooting the pilot, waiting for pickup, more casting, location scouts, shooting the series, all the build-up and promotion and previews and trailers and teasers and then finally we are on the air, and WHAM, ten weeks and it is over. Those ten weeks have flashed by in a blur. We do have the second season, of course. We start filming in July, and the start date is rushing at us like a freight train... but it is going to feel odd not to have a new episode to watch, two Sundays from now.
Old 06-13-11, 12:24 AM   #16
hurleygurley
Flaunts Her Lucky Charms
Hears the Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
Weird, I don't remember Melisandre being a sex-pot. I thought she was old and chubby. Maybe that's just how I wanted her to be.

Can't wait for Brienne; she's one of my favorite characters from the books. And, gee, I wonder why Dany is being courted by some other dude, lol.
FT I think your thinking of:
Spoiler: tagged for those who don't want to know
Mirri Maz Dur, the woman who uses the magic to try to heal Khal Drogo
Old 06-13-11, 08:50 PM   #17
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Haven't watched yet but people posting how mad they are at HBO is just cracking me up, duh, it's like they didnt know about Boromir in LOTR and are pissed at Peter Jackson.

Promo, will have lots more after I watch.
Old 06-13-11, 09:00 PM   #18
Farmer Ted
Laid Paulo in His Grave
Talks Backwards

Yeah, hbo really should've just changed the story to appease the fans. It would be so much better if Ned had escaped, and maybe killed Jaime.

I guess no one paid attention to the warning that this show will have a high attrition rate. And Ned's not the last one this season, lol.
Old 06-13-11, 09:07 PM   #19
snakey
Alvar's Bitch
Carries Big Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
Yeah, hbo really should've just changed the story to appease the fans. It would be so much better if Ned had escaped, and maybe killed Jaime.

I guess no one paid attention to the warning that this show will have a high attrition rate. And Ned's not the last one this season, lol.
I know, it is just stupid. I'll post some things later, but one article said HBO has to now defend the show. Can you imagine what GRRM will say, lol? It wont put a dent in the viewership except for some hausfraus who moon over Bean. A show of this caliber and scope doesnt hang on one character, it can't, it's too big of a tale.
Old 06-13-11, 10:45 PM   #20
Farmer Ted
Laid Paulo in His Grave
Talks Backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleygurley View Post
FT I think your thinking of:
Spoiler: tagged for those who don't want to know
Mirri Maz Dur, the woman who uses the magic to try to heal Khal Drogo
Nope, I'm definitely thinking of Melisandre. Here's a bit of description of her from a weird-ass scene in ACoK. It's definitely a spoiler, but most of the context is removed, so you won't know what the hell it's from (lol).

Spoiler: The Red Witch
Melisandre had thrown back her cowl and shrugged out of the smothering robe. Beneath, she was naked, and huge with child. Swollen breasts hung heavy against her chest, and her belly bulged as if near to bursting. “Gods preserve us,” he whispered, and heard her answering laugh, deep and throaty.Her eyes were hot coals, and the sweat that dappled her skin seemed to glow with a light of its own. Melisandre shone.

Panting, she squatted and spread her legs. Blood ran down her thighs, black as ink. Her cry might have been agony or ecstasy or both.

Yeah, that ain't sexy (to me).

Edit: well, I found this in A Storm of Swords. Maybe she is hot to some people, but I don't think she's normally described as attractive. Mostly just annoying, creepy and evil. This isn't spoilerish

Spoiler: Melisandre; ASoS
The red woman was all Selyse was not; young, full-bodied, and strangely beautiful, with her heart-shaped face, coppery hair, and unearthly red eyes.

Last edited by Farmer Ted; 06-13-11 at 10:52 PM.
Farmer Ted is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Game of Thrones »