Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Featured TV General > Preacher - AMC Monday

Featured TV General Shows without dedicated forums have threads in this forum.

Old 05-17-16, 08:46 PM   #1
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Preacher - AMC Monday

Series Premiere

S01E01 - "Pilot"
Sunday - May 22, 2016
AMC - 10/9c

Description:
More:
Preacher is based on the popular cult comic book franchise of the same name, Preacher is a supernatural, twisted and darkly comedic drama that follows a West Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, who is inhabited by a mysterious entity that causes him to develop a highly unusual power. Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip and an Irish vagabond named Cassidy come together, and when they do, they are thrust into a crazy world populated by a cast of characters from Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between. Source

In the premiere, Jesse struggles to escape a past that is slowly catching up to him. Meanwhile, a mysterious entity comes to earth, leaving a wave of destruction in its wake. Source

Cast
  • Dominic Cooper as Jesse Custer: A small town preacher who is on a mission to find God.
  • Ruth Negga as Tulip O'Hare: The gun-toting ex of Custer.
  • Joe Gilgun as Cassidy: An Irish vampire and the best friend of Custer.
  • Lucy Griffiths as Emily Woodrow: A character described as a "no-nonsense" single mother, waitress, church organist, bookkeeper and Custer's loyal right hand.
  • W. Earl Brown as Sheriff Hugo Root: The mean-hearted father of Eugene Root, a flinty-eyed, conspiracy-credulous redneck who is not a fool and has a vulnerability to him.
  • Anatol Yusef as DeBlanc: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.
  • Tom Brooke as Fiore: one of two Adelphi angels tasked with watching the half-demon, half-angelic creature named 'Genesis'.
  • Derek Wilson as Donny Schenck: "A Civil War re-enactor and abusive thug who gets into altercations with Jesse Custer but nevertheless shows up to church on Sunday."
  • Ian Colletti as Eugene Root / Arseface: Sheriff Root's son, disfigured after shooting himself in the face with a shotgun and surviving.

Last edited by Hodgepodge; 05-22-16 at 10:17 PM.
Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-17-16, 08:52 PM   #2
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Re: Preacher - AMC Sundays

This maybe the next big thing on television. I've seen several trailers, and I'm stoked.

I get a Fringe vibe as well as other supernatural series. Oh, and his best friend is a Vampire.

Don't take your eyes off this trailer.

Hodgepodge is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-16, 12:54 AM   #3
boonian androphile
poet laureate
Hears the Whispers

AMC website is offering the first 4 and a half minutes as a preview. Liked what I saw. Check it out if you want to.

boonian androphile is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-16, 02:43 PM   #4
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

We are looking forward to this one.
Old 05-18-16, 08:01 PM   #5
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonian androphile View Post
AMC website is offering the first 4 and a half minutes as a preview. Liked what I saw. Check it out if you want to.

That's one I've seen, BA. I couldn't find it on youtube until now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found in the Land of Lost View Post
We are looking forward to this one.
Oh, I'm right there with you, FitLoL.
Old 05-23-16, 07:58 PM   #6
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

HMoG!

I started out laying down, but that didn't last long. I didn't want to miss anything, so I stood up and watched the remaining 45+ minutes.

I loved every second, every scene. Every switch of location. Every character. I'm pretty sure I didn't blink for the whole hour.

I'll be back when everyone else has had a chance to view this unbelievable premiere.
Old 05-23-16, 08:03 PM   #7
Liz
Ridiculicious!
Hears the Whispers

Send a message via AIM to Liz Send a message via MSN to Liz Send a message via Yahoo to Liz Send a message via Skype™ to Liz

Oh man, I missed it. Now I'm looking forward to it even more, lol. I will have to find it on demand.
Old 05-23-16, 09:26 PM   #8
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor

Great pilot. I enjoyed the action, the characters and story. Vivid and intense. I laughed aloud when the TV reported: Tom Cruise Explodes

So the smoke monster type thing flew into the African preacher. He proceeded into exploding, and the smokeness spread into the air. A duo that appeared like English Safari types came investigating later.

Cassidy killed everyone on a plane and jumped out of it sans parachute from 20000 feet then proceeded to devour a cow. Tulip taught some kids arts and crafts. Jesse teaches the wife beater in his parish a lesson in manners when he threatens to retaliate against the young boy.

The smoke monster enters the Preacher at the end. The neurotic son listens to his advice quite literally. The Preacher apologizes to his congregation(which includes ex love Tulip and town newcomer Cassidy) for being a bad preacher, and he resolves to be a good one, starting now.

I'm on board with this one also.
Old 05-23-16, 10:36 PM   #9
Hodgepodge
Welcome Wagon
Squishes the Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found in the Land of Lost View Post
Oh man, I missed it. Now I'm looking forward to it even more, lol. I will have to find it on demand.
FitLoL, you truly missed it. I you're able to find it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDGovernor View Post
Great pilot. I enjoyed the action, the characters and story. Vivid and intense. I laughed aloud when the TV reported: Tom Cruise Explodes
Throughout the episode, I kept looking at TPTB (Mrs. Hodgepodge) hoping she could explain what I was watching.

As you mention, it went from intensity to rolling on the floor laughter. It reminded me a lot of, Pulp Fiction, the way it changed scenes at the drop of a hat. Also, when it changed scenes, it let you know on screen. Jesus H Christ Gov, it was extreme!

Quote:
...So the smoke monster type thing flew into the African preacher. He proceeded into exploding, and the smokeness spread into the air. A duo that appeared like English Safari types came investigating later...
You know, it reminded me more of the camouflaged monster from the Predator movies.

Also, don't forget what the preacher said after the possession. "Be quiet! I am the prophet. I am the chosen one." Then he explodes! HMoG!

Those English Safari types (we'll have to come up with a better name) were also in Moscow Russia, when "it" appeared there, and the final scene of this episode. "Its here." They're standing at the entrance to the All Saints Congregational church driveway. Speaking of the All Saints Congressional church welcome board, here's where I started laughing again. "Open Your Ass and Holes to Jesus." Wait. Then Jessie actually asked the congregation to stop messing with the board during one of his sermons. Jesus H Christ!

Quote:
...Cassidy killed everyone on a plane and jumped out of it sans parachute from 20000 feet then proceeded to devour a cow. Tulip taught some kids arts and crafts. Jesse teaches the wife beater in his parish a lesson in manners when he threatens to retaliate against the young boy...
Gov, what in the HELL was that? Do you remember what he said to them before the fight broke out? Did he accuse them of child molestation?

You're right about him jumping out of that plane at 20,000 feet. But, you forgot about the most important thing. He didn't have a parachute, so he used an umbrella. HMoG!

Wait. Then he's laying in a bunker caused by his impact and asks the cow to give him a little kiss. Obviously, the cow didn't understand, so he dragged the cow into the ditch with him. Gov, I laughed so hard I had to find something to wipe the tear from my eyes.

Quote:
...The smoke monster enters the Preacher at the end. The neurotic son listens to his advice quite literally. The Preacher apologizes to his congregation(which includes ex love Tulip and town newcomer Cassidy) for being a bad preacher, and he resolves to be a good one, starting now.

I'm on board with this one also.
OMG! I didn't see the son doing what he did. If you remember that final conversation between him and Jessie, the scene looked rather strange. Then Jessie asked him if he heard that. This is when he went off and literally, offed himself.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Jessie and Tulip's relationship from the beginning. According to the bio, they were childhood friends. But, when he visited her uncles place, and saw her gun, he knew she was in town and he broke for the door.

Cassidy may become my favorite character. It's hard understanding what he's saying (as a matter of fact, the guys on the plane made that same obversation ), but he just cracks me up. Did you see him playing with fire? HMoG!

I haven't been this intrigued in a new series for a long time. I'm definitely on board for the ride. I've got a funny feeling, it's going to be a bumpy one too.
Old 05-23-16, 11:03 PM   #10
WDGovernor
Gone Fishing
Carries Big Stick

Send a message via Yahoo to WDGovernor Send a message via Skype™ to WDGovernor

I understood 90 percent of what Cassidy said after a couple playbacks. I think he said he knew the plane was flying in the wrong direction and that the gig was up when he cracked guy number 1 with the Where where they taking him Hodge? Somewhere he obviously didn't want to go I suppose. Figures he'd land in Texas, it's a big landing spot. He helped the Preacher in the bar room brawl at the very end. Will he and the Preacher be friend or foe?

I thought I saw in the bible scribblings something about a fallen angel....

I got Tarantino vibes from this as well, from the violent fight scenes to the music, which included Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. But I think his mark is on all sorts of directors. Who is behind this, Seth Rogen?