Home | Television | Movies | Music | Other Media | Community | Sports | Arcade | Tech | Help
  MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor > Survivor 34: Game Changers

Old 06-12-17, 03:27 PM   #331
Dark Side Of The Moon
Burned the Raft

Re: Survivor 34: Game Changers

I'm not against competition games either. They are needed. They're also pretty much the same season after season. So I am bored by them.

As far as letting people back in the game, I'll admit it took me a while to come around to it. I wasn't an immediate fan, and it certainly isn't the greatest of all twists ever created.

Of the many elimination style reality game shows out there, Survivor is the only one I continued to follow through the years. The rest of them got dull quick. Survivor was getting to that place also. It changed things up though and stayed fresh.

Students of the game, who are odds on favorites, have to stay on their toes now or be complete challenge beasts, and even then the challenge beasts often get outplayed in the end.

The contestants themselves, at this point, rarely come up with many things we haven't seen before. Although I will say, this last season, those tribal councils were insane!

So yes, I like to see the reactions and adjustments they make when someone reenters the game. Otherwise, for me anyway, the show becomes too predictable.

Just my POV.
Dark Side Of The Moon is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-17, 04:45 PM   #332
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

I never found it predictable where individuals and their unique personalities were involved, so I find it unnecessary and probably a bit detrimental. I'm not to the point however of
not liking the show any more because of it... It's just a much different show than what it originally was.

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-12-17, 07:26 PM   #333
Dark Side Of The Moon
Burned the Raft

I hear ya. It's not the same show in many ways and you're not alone in your critique of it. For that matter, I don't necessarily disagree either. My perspective is just different. I'll add a little more about how I see it, not to be argumentative. Just to add to the convo.

When I said predictable, I meant things like, someone's gonna make a fake idol. Someone's gonna be great a finding idols. Someone's gonna flip flop. Someone's gonna get blindsided, and so on. It just isn't the thrill it was, for me, after it all happened a couple times. Even returning people to the island seems a bit stale, but it does add drama. I am however, waiting for the moment where someone gets totally busted out for trying to pass off a phony idol and incurs tribal wrath for it.

Anyway, I'm not in this show to root for the player(s) anymore. While I have had my favorites over the years, they don't always win, and I mos def don't always agree with the jury. Actually, that happened right from the get go. I surely thought Wigglesworth deserved to thump Hatch.

So even in the years w/o all these twists, the best player, at least imho, often did not win. Therefore, the social aspect of the game is what I've come to enjoy most. Throw as much junk as you can at these people and let's see how well each one deals with it.

Besides, and this is just a guess based on the sheer numbers but, the best Survivor player in the world has probably never applied to the show. So I don't get too invested in the players or how they exit. I just rather enjoy seeing how the contestants navigate the landscape, and react to events whether they be by chance, new rules, their own doing, or some other factor.

Just my opinion.
Old 06-13-17, 02:36 AM   #334
Warthawg1
The American Idle
Cons the Conman

Send a message via ICQ to Warthawg1 Send a message via AIM to Warthawg1 Send a message via MSN to Warthawg1 Send a message via Yahoo to Warthawg1

All of this is our opinion and don't concern yourself with being argumentative. We all present our unique perspectives and we defend them vigorously.

You are right about predictable... someone is going to be good at
finding idols.. someone will fake an idol but the least predictable thing for me is personality and social interaction.

I don't mind throwing things at players, but I am less amenable to letting people back into the game after they've been voted out.

I do disagree somewhat about the best player not winning. There are different ways to win and in almost every season I think I can present a good defense of every winner. What happens is we often carry our own prejudices into our conclusion about who is deserving and who isn't. I try to accept each winner as deserving in their own way and in that regard they were the best that season.
Such are the subtleties of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I walk across the dreaming sands, under the pale moon...

through the dreams of countries and cities, past dreams of places long gone, and times beyond recall.
Warthawg1 is online now   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-17, 12:06 PM   #335
Dark Side Of The Moon
Burned the Raft

I have a feeling you could present a good defense for just about anything.
« MyMedia-Forum.com > Television > Featured TV > Survivor »